Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Launches on September 29

Quote Originally Posted by Ba11z View Post
    So I played the beta tonight. I honostly have to say, I am disappointed. I thought I would like this game but I don't, I just don't. I probably won't get the game and just end up getting MW3.
    whats wrong with it? the game is great... is it to glitchy? <-- its a beta, it has to be glitchy otherwise all of mankind will die... i dont see anything wrong with it, personally if i were to tell anyone just about to start playing battlefield, id tell them to play this first (its alot easier)... and then when they get better to go play BC2...

but seriously whats wrong with it??... i see zero flaws

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    whats wrong with it? the game is great... is it to glitchy? <-- its a beta, it has to be glitchy otherwise all of mankind will die... i dont see anything wrong with it, personally if i were to tell anyone just about to start playing battlefield, id tell them to play this first (its alot easier)... and then when they get better to go play BC2...

but seriously whats wrong with it??... i see zero flaws
    I really do not like the gameplay overall. It seems very clunky to me and it seems like there is a lot wrong with it. I know its a beta but the game is suppose to come out in not even a MONTH! The gameplay shouldn't be like this, this close to the release. Plus it may just be me and my tv but the graphics are not good at all. The game to me doesn't seem like it is a new game. It looks like it came out 5 years ago and it plays like it came out 5 years ago. I am just going to get MW3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba11z View Post
    I really do not like the gameplay overall. It seems very clunky to me and it seems like there is a lot wrong with it. I know its a beta but the game is suppose to come out in not even a MONTH! The gameplay shouldn't be like this, this close to the release. Plus it may just be me and my tv but the graphics are not good at all. The game to me doesn't seem like it is a new game. It looks like it came out 5 years ago and it plays like it came out 5 years ago. I am just going to get MW3.
    i kind of feel the same way. i was overall not very impressed with the game but i will say it seems to be one of the first games that actually is realistic with the game play being like a real military situation.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

i dont really feel it is realistic i as well was very dissapointed with the beta because some of the things that happen are the sniper takes at least 3 shots to kill maybe more. I can do the exact same damage if i just put my gun on single shot. You can spawn on your teammate while hes in a big fire fight so your taking on one guy then all a sudden three other guys pop out of him thats a bit ridiculous. The shotgun can shoot pretty god damn far enough said there.

when you shoot a rocket some what near by your not shooting a rocket it looks like a fucking dud grenade. The m16 and m4 have the same ironsights and basically stats as well there both automatic so it has no difference besides class. The scopes for the weapons i hate i could go on more with the flaws, but im not going to, i dont know they possibly have been fixed after the first day i just stopped playing and said this shit is gay and definitively not buying it. Atleast mw3 snipers actually kill in 1 more 2 shots not freakin 3 or more.

Creator of Vanquish
    #BlameFuzzy

[12:58:35 AM] Silky Tits: Fuzz
    [12:58:46 AM] Silky Tits: Have you ever eaten shit?
    [12:59:02 AM] Greg: Well I have listened to your words for so long

Blog Posts

Beta seems fine to me. The RPGs glow when they are fired down the long hallways of the subway, the walls next to it light up as it passes by. That is just fucking awesome, I love what they did with that. It has it's downsides, like I threw a healthpack at a wall and it went through it. Also, somehow my team mate got underneath the level and then whenever anyone spawned on him they were stuck underneath the ground. These will most likely be patched, I'm not worried. They did state that the Sniper Rifle will NOT be a one hit kill, you'll have to earn your kills with headshots. I'm loving the game so far. The Assault Rifles and Carbines and wonderful at close range, and the long engages I have at the opening to the subway from the interior are amazing. The little things like having the rocket pods shoot off rockets at the start of the match are just amazing cosmetic touches that I give them props for.

I have utmost faith in DICE. They have churned out wonderful Battlefield titles and I'm positive BF3, their largest undertaking yet, will be just the same. It's going beyond what other companies are trying to do. Look at MW3, it's a straight ripoff of MW2. They didn't have to do much to it at all. DICE is changing a lot. For all the money that DICE has been piling into advertising and saying they'll make the best game of the year, I doubt that they'll have the outcome look like some of these glitches. I'm giving them my support in creating the best game of the year and finally topping the damn Modern Warfare crap.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

The graphics are obviously not full-scale.
    They can't include those graphics on a 1.3g download.

Same with Reach, and H3. Those' betas graphics were worse.

I agree with the gameplay being clunky, it very much so it. You get used to it eventually. Or, do what I do and only use shotguns.

Blog Posts

Actually it was a 1.3 MEGAbyte beta. I was so surprised, thats a really small beta. Could be attributing to the problems.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

i think you guys are looking for the graphics that are shown for the PC if your playing it on the xbox or PS3... the grahics of course are going to be different, we (abox and PS3 people) are working with equipment thats 5+ years old, and it cant be change till the new xbox comes out or till the new PS3 comes out (which will be around the same time)... graphics are fine and possibly the best iv seen... the Frostbite 2 engine is amazing and the gameplay is great, its just easier for the newer players, which is the bad thing of course...

and i dont know if you guys have noticed, but alot of the glitches are dissapearing because they are working on it... there was one glitch in a rock where no one can kill you but you can still kill them... it was fixed within 24 hours...

Fuck Modern Warefare 3, its basically a title update to one of the worst CoD ever... nothing is changing about it....

So again, get used to it... BF3 is going to blow MW3 out of the water...

Also reasons the it sometimes says "cannot connect to EA servers" is because DICE is working on the bugs... come to October 10th and you be looking at the near end of the finnished product... not 2 days after the beta is released

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Actually it was a 1.3 MEGAbyte beta. I was so surprised, thats a really small beta. Could be attributing to the problems.
    1.3GB my friend... the finnished product will be over 10GB PER DISC... remember for the 360 its being released in two discs because of how much memory it will take

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    i think you guys are looking for the graphics that are shown for the PC if your playing it on the xbox or PS3... the grahics of course are going to be different, we (abox and PS3 people) are working with equipment thats 5+ years old, and it cant be change till the new xbox comes out or till the new PS3 comes out (which will be around the same time)... graphics are fine and possibly the best iv seen... the Frostbite 2 engine is amazing and the gameplay is great, its just easier for the newer players, which is the bad thing of course...

and i dont know if you guys have noticed, but alot of the glitches are dissapearing because they are working on it... there was one glitch in a rock where no one can kill you but you can still kill them... it was fixed within 24 hours...

Fuck Modern Warefare 3, its basically a title update to one of the worst CoD ever... nothing is changing about it....

So again, get used to it... BF3 is going to blow MW3 out of the water...

Also reasons the it sometimes says "cannot connect to EA servers" is because DICE is working on the bugs... come to October 10th and you be looking at the near end of the finnished product... not 2 days after the beta is released
    I think the graphics look plastic. Everything to me seems fake, it doesn't look real. Maybe its because it is such a small download for a beta but it just looks bad compared to other games. I don't mind the bugs or glitches because its a beta it will have some but the gameplay still seems clunky and not smooth at all. I am sure BF3 will do good but it won't do better than MW3. I think if any series can knock COD off the top Battlefield has the best chance, but they won't do it this year. I only have enough money to buy MW3 or BF3, and I am going MW3. I think people are way to harsh on COD. No they don't change a whole lot in there games but why change it if its soo good. Like some wise man once said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Thread Information