Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Launches on September 29

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    Caspian was a test just for PC... Metro is a great map and i have yet to get tired of it... that video above was pretty dumb, it just showed the glitches that DICE is already working on
    Jesus would you stop defending this game so damn much. I get it, you like battlefield. The video was supposed to be somewhat entertaining.

Operation Metro is like a map out of Call of Duty which would make it a decent map to play on, if it was in Call of Duty. It's not open enough in areas, it's just a corrider cone map. I spent most of the match just waiting in a hallway prone with my bipod and mowing people down.

And there are no vehicles what so ever. Seriously, it fucking Battlefield. I don't feel like I'm playing in a battlefield game without vehicles. It's the most boring map in the whole game and it is so damn quiet.

It is amazing that when they take vehicles off a map that it turns into a major campfest.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Reason I love Battlefield, you'll have war stories to share for years. Like rushing in with your Squad, providing covering fire with a M249 extended mag, while everyone else takes the Conquest flag. Then my friend swoops in with a Blackhawk and picks us all up as we fly away into the sunset. Just things you'll remember cause it'll be completely epic. And you feel like you're part of a bigger war. Like while you'll be fighting for A in Rush, you'll look over and see two Squads battling it out for B while rockets fly into the sky (cosmetic effects if you played on Metro you can see it.). I just love how they made everything flow.

I my support class. M249 with ACOG.
    Haven't had moments like that in BF3, but in BFBC2 me and a friend were playing Rush on Port Valdez. We had ten spawns left with one base left to get (B). We just fuck it, got on a mongoose and rushed to arm it. We managed to get there without getting blown up, arm it, and then hold of the other team.

None of what happened shouldn't of worked. We were more mad at the other team because they couldn't kill two people in the open.

I shot down a UAV that was high and far away in the sky with the main cannon of the tank. Gotta love optics
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts
    sir, im stating an opinion... dont like it? GTFO

Reason they took the vehical out was because it can only be in the opening point and that it was way to powerful... removing it was a smart idea and i respect it... again, dont like it? GTFO, quit complaining because you dont know how to "adapt" or get over your problems...

Metro is a good map... it is an open map, nothing like a CoD map... you should almost be ashamed to say that...

it covers all grounds, CQC, LRC, and MRC... show me a CoD map that does cover those things...

Im looking forword to the final version of Metro, hope to not hear any more people bitch about the petty problems they are coming across

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Like while you'll be fighting for A in Rush, you'll look over and see two Squads battling it out for B while rockets fly into the sky (cosmetic effects if you played on Metro you can see it.)..
    I swear that plane was flying to low... pilots fault

I my support class. M249 with ACOG.
    Same here brotha, support class is by far the best class in my opinion
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 10-02-2011 at 10:26 PM.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

A few things.

1. Metro sucks. It plays like call of duty. Now dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with call of duty its just that if i wanted to play cod i would play cod. People play battlefeild for the large scale battles. Metro doesnt have veichles, and that is one of the main things that draw people to battlefeild.

2. Heres the thing. Back when cod2 was out you didnt get as many haters on cod because it wasnt the juggernaut that it is now. As with anything, when something gets huge and popular, the more people who have been exsposed to it. That in return will bring on the flood of people who will bash or praise. There is a bigger sample of people to draw from. Look at halo.

3. When i here people talk about cod in a negative light it boils down to this. They say it is generic. Well i say being generic doesnt make something bad. They say its not realistic. Well i say it isnt meant to be. They say it paints a negative stereotype of people who play it. Well i say cod has been huge for gaming. It has bought gaming into the mainstream. Gaming use to be frowned upon, now we have more people then ever getiing into gaming. Its a good thing when people are more eager to get into your hobby.

I end it with this. Without cod gaming wouldnt be where it is right now. The battlefeild games are awesome, so are the cod games. They each have their place in the gaming industry. People should stop bashing cod or battlefeild and just enjoy the games for what they are meant to be. Stop being hipster fanboys and play.
    Rest in peace mom.

Quote Originally Posted by ShenmueZero v2 View Post
    A few things.

1. Metro sucks. It plays like call of duty. Now dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with call of duty its just that if i wanted to play cod i would play cod. People play battlefeild for the large scale battles. Metro doesnt have veichles, and that is one of the main things that draw people to battlefeild.

2. Heres the thing. Back when cod2 was out you didnt get as many haters on cod because it wasnt the juggernaut that it is now. As with anything, when something gets huge and popular, the more people who have been exsposed to it. That in return will bring on the flood of people who will bash or praise. There is a bigger sample of people to draw from. Look at halo.

3. When i here people talk about cod in a negative light it boils down to this. They say it is generic. Well i say being generic doesnt make something bad. They say its not realistic. Well i say it isnt meant to be. They say it paints a negative stereotype of people who play it. Well i say cod has been huge for gaming. It has bought gaming into the mainstream. Gaming use to be frowned upon, now we have more people then ever getiing into gaming. Its a good thing when people are more eager to get into your hobby.

I end it with this. Without cod gaming wouldnt be where it is right now. The battlefeild games are awesome, so are the cod games. They each have their place in the gaming industry. People should stop bashing cod or battlefeild and just enjoy the games for what they are meant to be. Stop being hipster fanboys and play.
    ^This. Well said Shenmue.

Blog Posts

Metro doesn't play like CoD it plays like BattleField. If it played like CoD you would only be playing into the sub station....

Of course compared to other Battlefield maps it is very very small...

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

It needed to be done

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShenmueZero v2 View Post
    A few things.

Well said... but:

Halo created multiplayer...

thats it lol

everything (but the first sentence in #1) is basically right on... I dont hate CoD (i used to), but it grew onto me... same has happened with Battlefield, im fairly new to it (well, BFBC2) but iv learned and followed alot about it...

Both are fun games and everyone has the right to respect each game accordingly, but people who bash a game (let alone just the beta) is pretty sad... its not the finnished product and DICE had said that this beta we are playing was what the game was like nearly 2 months ago and it has changed... ALOT...

otherwise, you are correct

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

And you know whats funny? The people who bash cod are the ones who continue to play it.
    Rest in peace mom.

I will agree with others, Metro isn't the best map DICE has put it out. But for what it's worth, I still enjoy it. I do hope once they fix the vehicle bugs they'll release Caspian Border again on the Beta. Oh how I want to fly a jet so freaking badly!

Now being in a jet sounds badass.
    Rest in peace mom.

Thread Information