Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Draft

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

The Draft

I don't know if people have brought this up before.

The Army Draft's-

-Forerunners or Elected officials people we trust to make it fair; choose from the giant pool of members participating and draft them to the armies.
    -The FM's will then work with what they are given to create a more even, and interesting war.
    -People who really care will state that they would like to be with their buddies up to 8 people only and it will be kept in mind.
    -Recruitment will be kept universal and everyone will be given a choice of red or blue, no propaganda.

This is an idea that needs more work but I believe will resolve many problems that we currently have.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Blog Posts

Re: The Draft

Thought about in the past. Overall, bad idea. People want to be in certain Armies.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

We tried a draft before. It failed. Horribly*.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Blog Posts

Yeah, personally I like REDD. Not because I feel like we're the better army, but I just like how we do things. I've been REDD and BLUE, and both armies handle things differently.

I'm right back at it again...

First of all, that kinda goes against the backstory. There's an Empire and a Rebellion. If there's a group of higher people basically saying "Okay, you agree with the Empire" or "You agree with the Rebels", it basically just fucks up the entire story.

Secondly, propaganda makes it fun. You're the rebel force fighting a mighty Empire that's trying to maintain its grip on the human worlds. There's gonna be propaganda to recruit neutral colonists to one side or the other.

No offense, but this idea is stupid because people prefer one army over another. Human bias is almost impossible to avoid. It's gonna happen. No draft.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Community is more important than any of those things. But you cant deny that if done right it would be good.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    We tried a draft before. It failed. Horribly*.
    ^This. We can't force people to be in an army without just reason.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BurningScarekro View Post
    First of all, that kinda goes against the backstory. There's an Empire and a Rebellion. If there's a group of higher people basically saying "Okay, you agree with the Empire" or "You agree with the Rebels", it basically just fucks up the entire story.

Secondly, propaganda makes it fun. You're the rebel force fighting a mighty Empire that's trying to maintain its grip on the human worlds. There's gonna be propaganda to recruit neutral colonists to one side or the other.

No offense, but this idea is stupid because people prefer one army over another. Human bias is almost impossible to avoid. It's gonna happen. No draft.
    This doesn't go against the backstory at all. He's just basically saying that we'd mix all the Armies up again. (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post
    Community is more important than any of those things. But you cant deny that if done right it would be good.
    Community is more important. However, it is the Army's job to make sure it's numbers are high. Both Armies could do this together, as I've suggested in the Officers Lounge, since both Armies seem to be suffering a bit. However, the Draft would only be useful if EVERYTHING went to hell and we had to start all over. Drafting within the Army would be a good idea, like mix up the Squads, if everyone within the Army was okay with it. Just to mix it up and bring something new to the table so people don't get bored. However, messing with everything isn't needed.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

A novel idea.

However, as a community, we will not force members to be separated from their friends. Part of being in a squad is camaraderie, and although it is good to have constant additions to individual brotherhoods in each army, playing with old allies is the best experience the wars have to offer.

Perhaps new members who are indifferent to which army they join who are recruited during peacetime might be entered into a draft. However, it is ideological at best and thus it would be better if we avoided drafts altogether.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

I agree with the universal boot camps but the choice for armies is the persons choice
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

Thread Information