Thread: iPhone question

iPhone question

So here's a copy and paste of the thread I posted on reddit.

So here's the backstory. I currently have an LG Ally, and my parents both have BlackBerries. They say are phone bill is to much and want to lower it. They decided that they'l just go with non-smart phones while I stick to my LG Ally. But I've had my LG Ally for a while and it kind of sucks, not that I'm ripping on android, but the phones hardware is horrible. So I have enough money to get an iPhone 4 16GB. If my dad let's me use his early upgrade discount I can get for $100.
    My main question is: Are there any certain plans that have to go with the iPhone 4?
    also would it raise the cost of our current plan? And what would be the best plan for us?
    (Both parents want non-smartphones and I, hopefully, will be getting an iPhone)

Our carrier is Verizon.

Re: iPhone question

All depends on how much you will use the phone.
    What do you think your average texts, data, and minutes used will be?
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Do you have an unlimited plan already? Or no...?
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

I'm not sure because that's usually my parents end until now because they don't seem to know how to figure how they make there damn plan cheaper. But here are our phone usage statistics:

SM=Sent Message, RM=Received Message

Father:
    Call-
    Text-SM=161 RM=105
    Data- .016GB

Mother:
    Call-
    Text-SM=43 RM=92
    Data- .010GB

Me:
    Call-
    Text-SM=275 RM RM-298
    Data- .110GB (This may increase once/if I get an iPhone)

The reason I didn't pull call down is because I don't know how to read Verizon's stuff, like Peak, Off Peak, M2M Peak, M2M Off Peak, etc.
    But more or less we don't call people that much and usually the conversations, at least for me, are about 1-5 minutes long,

As for our plans. They are: "FRIENDS & FAMILY10 S/P 1200" & "UNLIM 1X SMARTPACK"

First of all your greatest mistake is expecting a low bill from verizon. Second, Verizon is Definately charging extra for anything over 2G. You get charged for Text, media, data, and minutes. Obviously if you have a plan for unlimited on something its still going to cost but you save yourself money by using it as much as you want. Now for the iPhone I'm more than certain that you must have a data plan. Now I'm promoting. Hehe. I have the HTC EVO Shift 4G. So far the best I've ever had. I myself pay an average of 50$ a month for unlimited everything and data plan and on top that my 4G data. A great price and great connectivity and speed. All together we have 4 lines and we pay an average of 200$.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Well we have 3 lines and we pay and average of $230, But I think I found a way to reduce. Because if my parents both take non-smartphones(they hardly using any of the smartphone features anyways) like they said. Then I'll only have to pay for data on just the iPhone. So here's the math.

Talk & Text plan.
    700 Minutes(Unlimited texting included) = 99.99
    3 lines = 9.99(2 lines are included, so it's the 9.99 for the extra)
    1 data plan of $30.

=139.98

$90-$100 cheaper than our current one.

Blog Posts

I do believe Version sucks to have the iPhone haha I could get into why phone companies rip you off like no other, but it wouldn't help you decide.

However if you use your phone mainly at home with a wi-fi network and only use it for calling it and texting when your not near a wi-fi network then don't get an unlimited date plan.

At least for AT&T if you tap into wi-fi you don't use your data plan to surf the web and download apps and what not. Just make sure if you get a music app like Rhapsody you download all of your music from your wi-fi network and then listen to it.

I don't have an unlimited data plan and I would stream music all the time not realizing that it effected my data plan so much. My bill was high as fuck....

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Well, since the iphone requires a "data plan", and since you have verizon, for my "Droid X" my data plan is unlimited data for $30, and then if you want a 250mb plan it will cost you $15, eagle said, if your only going to use your phone for web surfing or apps at your house then get the 250mb plan. If not up it.

Blog Posts

You're poor and Irish Acid. You don't have enough hats.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information