Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Manifest Feedback

I think for Asymmetric maps like this we should restrict certain gametypes. It's obviously one sided so just play one sided gametypes on it. Just something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Wall of text ^^^^^

Look, this can be easily broken down into one thing. One problem. The same problem in fact that we had last war. We need to test these maps to the very bits and pieces of them. You should never begin testing maps after they've been released as being attacked by an army. This is the same thing I said last war, and I will continue to stay with that point this year. Test. test. test. So these problems don't occur. And btw, cause I know people will say this. When trying to test something to its full potential, in anything not just maps, you need opinions fro all over the spectrum. Don't rely on just blues. Don't even rely on what Guzzie has said. What he said might be taken as wrong to another. We need multiple different parties of multiple different people and test these maps right. Not just play a few games on them and move weapons and ammo around.

the problem is, even when it's tested, nobody speaks up or pays attention to faults. it's only when battles that people (usually the losing side) starts to point them out
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post

the problem is, even when it's tested, nobody speaks up or pays attention to faults. it's only when battles that people (usually the losing side) starts to point them out
    Not an argument at all. In no way does that justify to not test or to not test enough. This is why you need to bring it up to multiple different people. And when I say multiple, I'm talking at the very least 30 different people. You cannot tell me that out of 30 people from different bias', that no one will speak up.

I'm right back at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Sangheili Ekim View Post
    I think for Asymmetric maps like this we should restrict certain gametypes. It's obviously one sided so just play one sided gametypes on it. Just something to think about.
    This.

Look at this post. Asym map, Asym gametypes. Sym map, sym gametypes.

Hill 30 is a sym game type. Conflict is a gametype that needs consideration on maps that falsly act a sym maps. Like this one we just played.

A good asym map that holds certain qualities that manifest poses is Highground. One team as the higher ground, less choices at certain paths and weapons.
    The other team has more paths and more choices of weapons.

Manifest tries to make both teams even when it can't be since having the HIGHERGROUND itself it an advantage.
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I have a suggestion, remake the map...but on a flat surface. It will obviously look a little different, but if we keep the general basic layout of the map that will make everyone happy. The forge department will still have the map they worked so hard on and "hopefully" it will be more balanced. However no matter what is done to the map, i completely agree with gargoyle. When the map is fixed and or changed it needs to be tested to death. With a lot of people, playing both sides of the map & every gametype should be tried during the testing period.

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    I have a suggestion, remake the map...but on a flat surface. It will obviously look a little different, but if we keep the general basic layout of the map that will make everyone happy. The forge department will still have the map they worked so hard on and "hopefully" it will be more balanced. However no matter what is done to the map, i completely agree with gargoyle. When the map is fixed and or changed it needs to be tested to death. With a lot of people, playing both sides of the map & every gametype should be tried during the testing period.
    I like that Idea. Remaking it wouldnt be hard either since the structures are already made. You pretty much have to take them somewhere else in Forge world that suits the idea of the map better. FYI, The cannon on top of Red base is aiming straight at the Canyon wall.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Remaking the map is no small feat. Simply placing it on flatter ground won't balance it map, it would grossly overcompensate for the current imbalance.

As I said near the top:
    It will be reviewed and adjusted appropriately. Expect multiple changes.
    Layout, appearance, position, and other changes. I've already spent about 2 hours on it and am about 10% done or so.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Yes although in BLUE army practice on Saturday, everyone was able to successfully defend red sides flag in two flag.

And Blackhawk, there IS an easy way to get to BLUEs sniper, Max did it several times. Not going to reveal the secret to our enemies though
    yea that bastard aftershock kept doing it to me lol
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by RENGADE 0F FUNK View Post
    yea that bastard aftershock kept doing it to me lol

Thread Information