Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

Debate #1 (Abortion)

Alright so this debate will be over the idea of Pro-Life or Pro-Choice for Abortion.

Pro-Life Side:
    - Debates on why Abortion should be completely out of question.

Pro-Choice:
    - Debates on why women should be given the choice.

Everyone's first post must be them explaining why they are supporting either the Pro-Life or Pro-Choice side. There is no middle ground, you must pick a side and stick with it the entire debate. After you post one post explaining why you are supporting your side. You may then have free reign to debate other's views on the topic.

Rules and Regs:

No swearing unless it's to stress your views. I don't want an F-Bomb dropped every other sentence just because.
    No flaming. (Trust me we can tell.)
    Keep your reasons intelligent, it can simply be your opinion or backed up by facts.
    **Remember I am watching, Ghost is watching, and now we have 3 Assassins looming in the dark.**

I am a supporter of Pro-Choice, because I strongly believe that in certain circumstances aborting a life might be able to make another life better. I also think that the public should not make the decision for an individual, that it is her choice to do what she wants with her body.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

Re: Debate #1 (Abortion)

Pro-Choice. In cases of rape, it can remove much unneeded stress. That's pretty much the only time I find abortion to be logical. I hate it when people use it as a contreceptive ...
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Ah, this is one subject I dont really argue over anymore. I have mixed feelings over it. This debate could go in any direction depending on how you use your words.

Halo 2 Veteran
    GFX Artist
    Retired Leader
    Blackheart CO

First and foremost, I'll go right out and say I don't think any opinion from any male, despite any reasoning or intellectual debate, should have any valid weight in the matter. It should be entirely up to females to decide whether it's right or wrong, considering it is their body.

Of course, there are MANY pros and cons to each side, I won't deny that. On one hand, you're taking away a life (or not, depending on how you define a fetus' existence) or you're doing what is right for you as an individual in a time in your life that will not be fair to the child in question if you can't put care, time, or effort into raising another human being. Or, alternatively, you could easily put the child up for adoption.

So yeah, I won't deny that there are multiple pros and cons, solutions and alternatives. If you want my vote, despite my gender, I'm Pro Choice, simply because when it comes down to it, it's a decision made by one individual, and that individual needs to decide what is best, whether that be best for them, or best for the child.

Pro Choice doesn't mean 'Anti Abortion' or 'I support abortion', it simply means the woman has the right to make her choice, because it's her body. I'm also not stating that my opinion is correct, because of course it isn't. It's an opinion.

Throwing in my 2 cents. Don't expect me to actually debate. I probably won't even repost in here unless it's to shut a kid up.

Enjoy the topic and play nice.

NIHIL VERUM OMNIA LICITA

i support pro-choice. i do only believe it should be used in emergency situations however. If a girl is raped, or gets pregnant in college, or at any time when she cannot fully support herself, yet alone a child, then it is perfectly acceptable to get an abortion. I don't neccessarily approve of those who use it as a contraceptive, but i find it is there choice to do so, as they might not be able to support a child.

pro-life is idiotic. the main arguement for it is that each individual fetus is still a life and should be given the same rights as any other human, including the right to life. (I won't bring science into this thread unless absolutely necessary.) However, it's my opinion that rather than saving a life, they're destroying two lives. if a woman and/or man can't support the kid, they may end up in poverty or on the street, which, while the child may live, it'll be a much lower quality life. I'd say more, but i promised no science for now, and that limits my arguements. so i'll let someone else have they're say.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

I'm pro choice for most of the reasons siad above.

Primarily, as Donkey suggested, in cases of Rape, one should not be forced to have a child with someone who has attacked them in such a horrible fashion. Ontop of that, a woman should be able to choose what happens to her own body, and that inside it, for that area is her domain. Also, as Eagle mentioned, sometimes having the child may not benefit the childs life. If someone has the child and cannot provide for the child properly, then that child may or may not have a good life, which can be the cause of a number of things.

In the end though, I am with Eri, it's Pro-Choice and such I have no "side" or Aborting or not, as I too feel it is for the woman to choose.

this isn't much of a debate. everyones agreeing!
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

I'm not really going to get much in to it because there's not much of my logic that I need to use toward it, but, aborting a baby is murdering a baby, no matter if it was "Legally" done, There's no justification for killing a harmless creature. Don't want the baby? Wait until it is fully ready to leave your body and you might even change your mind about keeping it, but there is always the option of giving it away. Somebody who actually fully cares for living things will take it for sure.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

I believe in abortion. Why? Certain parents can not afford to raise their children. At that time in life and rape like donkey said.
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

I support abortion due to if the child is going to be a down syndrome or some other disease no reason to put that kid through that

Thread Information