Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

Debate #2 (Religion/God)

Alright so this debate will be over the idea of God existing and about religion.

I'm going to be very open on this debate as I expect this topic to be very long and very interesting.

Rules and Regs:

No swearing unless it's to stress your views. I don't want an F-Bomb dropped every other sentence just because.
    No flaming. (Trust me we can tell.)
    **Remember I am watching, Ghost is watching, and now we have 3 Assassins looming in the dark.**

I'm just gonna say it now, that if you are going to get upset due to someone attacking your views do not post. Now in the same light, if you feel like attacking ones views, remember to respect their opinion. These debates are for pure fun.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Re: Debate #2 (Religion/God)

God doesn't exist.

But if he did..... Dinkelberg....

God existed up until we discovered dinosaurs.

But i do believe in an afterlife of some sort.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

Blog Posts

I have to say I believe in some spirtual something because my mom went to a psychic years ago and the psychic told her my grandpa would die of something with his lungs. He never smoked but died of lung cancer.... She also told my mom she wouldn't become a nurse because of medicine. My mom my failed the final test in nursing school. Because she did terrible on the medicine section of the test. Now do I believe n God? No, do believe their is an afterlife or a spirit world? Yes I do.

My Desk

Thank you! Okay. Well the first thing, since the burden of proof is on those that make the claim, those who believe in a god/gods must prove that there god/gods exist. From what I've seen, that has yet to happen.

And since Christianity is, I'm going to assume, the most prominent religious view of the people of this community, I will "attack", base my arguments against Christianity, there religion.

Before I go any further, I have a question I want a Christian to answer, how is it that Noah was able to fit 2 of every animal onto the Ark, because during that time period there were a hell of a lot more species than there are now?

Also IF the "great flood" did happen, it would of killed of a lot of fish. Why? Well if the flood did happen, then the freshwater and saltwater would obviously mix. And if you take a saltwater fish and put it in a mixture of saltwater and freshwater, it will die, and vice-versa with a freshwater fish. If you have a counter-argument against this, I would love to hear it.

I also have an Ace up my sleeve, it pretty much explains that Christianity and other religions are based off of early astrology.

Also,

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

My belief is a little hard to explain. I am christian but I don't deny proven science. I believe that there is a God. It is a fact that we are in the 3rd dimension. Each dimension can only see the other dimensions under it & none above. It is my belief that God is in the 10th & final dimension. If anyone would like to do further research to understand what I am talking about look up "String Theory".

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    My belief is a little hard to explain. I am christian but I don't deny proven science. I believe that there is a God. It is a fact that we are in the 3rd dimension. Each dimension can only see the other dimensions under it & none above. It is my belief that God is in the 10th & final dimension. If anyone would like to do further research to understand what I am talking about look up "String Theory".
    The thing is though, string theory is far from being proven. Though it is very interesting.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    Ahh good ole "string theory". So that my friend I have to say I agree, that "heaven" isn't a place of spirits rather just the 4th dimension. Look at Dark Energy it is the thing that holds the universe together. Not gravity, compared to Dark Energy gravity is one of the weakest forces in the universe. Then you have Dark Matter, which could be the 4th dimension that we can see, but we really don't know exactly what the hell it is.

My Desk

i... well... i... don't feel safe elaborating on my beliefs.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Religion is one of the biggest causes of all wars and major genocides/tragedies that have befallen our earth...I.E. Holocaust, Crusades, Middle East and Israel, Trail of Tears, Joan of Arc, and countless other events in history. There is no arguing that...At the same time though, religion has brought forth a lot of good and sanctuary to the world, with Charities and Missionaries and all that jazz. Religion, whether you believe in one or not, definitely gives faith and hope (though it may be false hope) to people in need of it, and thats never a terrible thing...people need something to look up to when all else is wrong.

The Old and New Testaments are "based on true stories", but they most certainly did not happen exactly how the Bible says they did. There is scientific proof that Jesus Christ existed, that Noah's Ark existed, and there is some proof that Moses existed. To say all the events happened would be ignorant, and to say none of them happened would ignorant as well.

The problem with Religion is when people try to force it onto other people. That is the most obnoxious and most aggravating thing I've ever seen. I don't want a Catholic telling me that since I'm Jewish, I'm going to hell for not following Catholic Canon. I'm not gonna go to a Muslim and tell them that since they aren't Jewish, they aren't the Chosen People and don't get into the VIP section of Heaven (cause all the Jews do...just sayin). I don't believe in Judaism either on that note, though I do promote the stereotypes for my own amusement. Wars are started because people force religion onto others. Who's to say that your God is better than my God? Or that your God is better than all of the Hindu's Gods? If people stopped trying to think that their God is better and just accept other people's Gods and not fret because they don't want yours, then the world would be a better place.

Atheists have the right to not believe in God. But what is more annoying than someone trying to tell you to follow their God is when Atheists try and denounce all Religion together because they feel like being Hipsters. Let people believe what they want.

But in the end, no matter what Religion we follow...we're all FUCKED anyway =)

I created Hill 30

Thread Information