Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Debate #2 (Religion/God)

Because, Acid, it may not be able to be proven to you by fact in your eyes that my beliefs make more sense, but it is the result of my walk by my faith, and those like me, that you can examine to be certain that there is something truly effective behind it. I will not get to into it because this is where the never ending cycle of why is my religion wrong? Starts.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Hey, I just want to say: it's the same God. That's what Jesus said, that's what Muhammed said, that's probably something Abraham said at some point. If you are a monotheist, you believe in the same God as everyone else. The only difference between you and the other guys is that you have one way to view/worship God, and they have another.
    Therefore, anyone who tries to tell you to fight other people's gods is basically blaspheming. Also, anyone who asks you why you think any other god isn't real but yours is, just tell them that it's the same god. That way, we won't have to argue as much. Or be wrong.

Religion started pointless wars and diseases.

Religion is bullshit.
    Founder of the following names, phrases and things in FC:

Thee Assassin, Spitfuck (Kuhblam), FC custom game type names, FC currency and FC war bonus's (Both are filed under 'Regret'), Mythonian is a robot and he's Skynet, The general idea of FC medals, The REDD and BLUE and the respected back stories (Along with Eri), Pack Mule (Donkey), Brining RedBubble here, The Mic Nazi (AshMCairo), Dust tosser (Mede Dust), Fear squad, Co-founder of Blue Canada squad, Yehsus (Im his father), My own resignation, Forge Dept (Halo 3), Prestige in FC (Currently still on my 8th), The Vortex. Timpon Carpet (Yehsus's's's real name). English (Doktor Knight). Fairies (Jet Pack users).

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

Here's my two cents:

I'm Roman Catholic, but I don't really believe.

That being said, I'm taking an Apologetics class (part of my HS curriculum). Now, one might say this class is bias, but we haven't even touched up on the subject of a Christian God yet and pretty much into logic at the moment. The more and more I delve into logic, reason, etc. and opposing viewpoints against monotheism and the like, I'm almost positive that although we cannot prove there is indeed a God, we cannot prove there isn't one as well.

I think a lot of people use Religious Subjectivism today; religion is "true for you but not for me." If you guys want to argue about God, just make sure your arguments are actually sound before you blow up on anybody.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by LocoCrizzle View Post
    Religion started pointless wars and diseases.

Religion is bullshit.
    One person started the Holocaust.

People are bullshit?

All i will say is that the reference to god needs to be taken out of the pledge.
    Rest in peace mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Daaaah Whoosh View Post
    One person started the Holocaust.

People are bullshit?
    Umm. yea? Look at politicians.

Tard.
    Founder of the following names, phrases and things in FC:

Thee Assassin, Spitfuck (Kuhblam), FC custom game type names, FC currency and FC war bonus's (Both are filed under 'Regret'), Mythonian is a robot and he's Skynet, The general idea of FC medals, The REDD and BLUE and the respected back stories (Along with Eri), Pack Mule (Donkey), Brining RedBubble here, The Mic Nazi (AshMCairo), Dust tosser (Mede Dust), Fear squad, Co-founder of Blue Canada squad, Yehsus (Im his father), My own resignation, Forge Dept (Halo 3), Prestige in FC (Currently still on my 8th), The Vortex. Timpon Carpet (Yehsus's's's real name). English (Doktor Knight). Fairies (Jet Pack users).

I am god. Your all gonna die. Except Loco, cause hes the Anti-Christ, combinded with Eri.
    "AA's for quiters."
    "Welcome to Walmart, get your shit and get out."

Quote Originally Posted by LocoCrizzle View Post
    Umm. yea? Look at politicians.

Tard.
    You're calling me a tard, and yet you're agreeing with me. I'll chalk that up as a point in my favor.

All people that truly belive in god and say that unlikely events are to be percived as miracles from god are ignorant, stubborn, idiots. Religion was always a scapegoat before modern science and has no purpose now.

I'm back

Thread Information