Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Their Return!!!

Re: Their Return!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post
    Yet you ignore and pose no fair reasonable argument to the obvious that only takes... one sentence. Tell us specifically how it will work and what is needed, don't just throw it to the dogs. You'll most likely get what you want if you do that and its reasonable.
    This isnt exactly an argument to begin with. No one has thrown anything at me yet to get me started. Of course people have in the past and I could take it from there. I guess what I was pointing out before was the fact that some or most of the people against load-out was that they care what I had to say.

Blog Posts

I'd have to keep my opinion of no, based on the facts that Elites are no longer the same as Spartans. Sure, there are pros and cons to being an Elite, however it's my opinion that the pros outweigh the cons.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    I'd have to keep my opinion of no, based on the facts that Elites are no longer the same as Spartans. Sure, there are pros and cons to being an Elite, however it's my opinion that the pros outweigh the cons.
    This can be a good example right here. Donkey, Please tell me what you think the pros and cons are.

Blog Posts

As far as what members from the forum have informed me:
    Pros - Run faster, shields recharge faster, I feel like I'm forgetting something else ...
    Cons - Larger target

Just off the top of my head.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

Pros: They have stronger shields, health regen, jump higher, run faster, faster sheild recharge.

Cons: Bigger hit box

I think we can see why there is a balance issue. Also this is above 30 words.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Okay let me lay down the facts.
    Melee: strength is equal between spartans and elites.
    Shield system: From the moment of complete shield depletion it takes an Elite 8 seconds to fully recharge and a Spartan 9.
    Health: Elites only have 5 blocks of health, Spartans have 9. An Elite makes up for this with self regeneration. Spartans use Health Box's.
    Speed: Elites can run across a football field 1.50 seconds faster than a spartan.
    Jump: Elites jump 1 foot higher.

Okay. None of this really matters. Elites are already alowed to be used in the wars. So I dont see what the big deal is with load-outs. As Garg, Andi and I have already said in the past, If we can grab weapons and armor abilitys placed on the maps then why not give us the same convenience anyone else has when they use a Spartan? The people using Elite Models in the battle are at a bigger disadvantage than you believe. And Belive me, because im the one using them. I get my butt whooped more when I play my elite than I do as a spartan. The problem is Spawning disadvantage. When I respawn Im put in the same position every single time. I start with an assualt rifle, no nades, and no armor ability's. If the spawn zone is Hot than most likely I will die because I cant sprint away or defend myself against people shooting at me with DMR's half way across the map. Im like a sitting Duck. Even at the beginning of the game im faced with a problem. Someone is definitely going to get to that power weapon or vehicle before me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Pros: They have stronger shields, health regen, jump higher, run faster, faster sheild recharge.

Cons: Bigger hit box.
    Your going to have to come at me with something better than pro and cons. Plus, Donkey already beat you to the punch.

Blog Posts

Not completely true. Elites have the advantage in games like hill 30. For example, I was playing a match on Cardinal and half of the enemy team where elites. As we all know Hill 30 on that map has a lot of moments where everyone charges the hill and just sits in there in order to prevent it from being flipped. Because the Elite shield can take more dmg then a Spartan Shield they could sit in there longer then we could (all of us being spartans) we lost that game by 1 point. Elites already without load outs can tip a game to one teams favor, Elites with loads however will just make it unfair

Undefeated on Reach

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sangheili Ekim View Post
    Your going to have to come at me with something better than pro and cons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangheili Ekim View Post
    Please tell me what you think the pros and cons are.
    Ummm you just asked for them. What more do you want? you wanted good reasons why there should not be any elite loadouts. well there you go

Undefeated on Reach

Both shield sytems take the same amount of damage. I've already tested everything. As I said before, in terms of shields, the Elite shield charges a second faster then spartans. None of the pros Elites have make the game inconsistant or unbalanced. Invasion is a good example. Silko, I remember that Game of Hill 30 on Cardinal because i was in. I remember going negative. My roll in that game was to secure the hill and contest it. I dont believe my shields had anything to do with my contest of the hill. Plus, Victory by one second? I doubt Two of us using elites had anything to do with that. Hill 30 is matter of strategy.

Thread Information