Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

Just some thoughts.

So I've talked with quite a few members of this community and to my surprise. They agree with me..... This community is a slowly sinking ship, and unless we wake up to realize this then any hope of bailing out the water will be completely gone.

Which is sad because dedicated members like Mythonian try very hard to keep this place a float and it just isn’t working....

The problem I see is that we have become to complicated and haven’t expanded enough to balance the two out. I mean alot people have these great ideas, but we don’t have the administrative team to carry out such suggestions let alone properly follow through with the ones we have in place.

Spartan suggested simplicity, and I agree. We need to downscale how complex things are to something that is simple and fun for all. We need to run a war with just the basics, no fancy Army credit system none of that. Just a filled war-map and soldiers fighting over the battlefields that cover it.

Secondly we need to make battle-nights more fun, so we need to break-up “God Squads” even if they leave because of it. They need to be broken up and separated so that squads are built to over-all be equally skilled. Therefor when fighting on the battlefield the matches can be much fairer to all. Besides I’d rather have tons of close intense games rather then mostly over-kill wins....

Now onto bootcamps! Yay this is a very fun topic everyone loves to talk about, but I’ve never seen any of the issues from these topics permanently solved. I see a change for about a week and then back to the same old shit....

So here is what I propose, bootcamps for each Army are only to be ran twice a week. Either Army can pick set dates, they don’t have to be the same dates. Now all recruits are then referred to be a Role Played Letter from their recruiter saying the time and date of when their bootcamp will take place. If they cannot attend then they must attend the other bootcamp that week or wait till next week. (And yes I don’t care if they have to miss that battle-night, this is a war-sim not a pity party) Those bootcamps will hopefully at that time have more then one of two recruits and can be ran properly. That means you need to make them really question if they want to be in this community or not. Make them do up downs till their thumbs bleed, or make them run laps for an hour. I don’t care, as long as it isn’t. “Alright here are the rules, okay your done.” Those bootcamps are the reason why we have to create harsher rules, because people don’t respect the community if they aren’t given anything to respect.

Now lastly, we have the “core values” of this community.

Good’ol fun and respect! Whats that FC isn’t about fun and respect anymore? Your right it’s about rules, rules, and more rules. Ya know if respect can be taught we wouldn’t need rules..... Well respect can’t be taught it is earned, and I’m gonna flat out say it right now. 98% of the leadership in this community wants respect, but hasn’t done much to earn it. They think they just *poof* get respect with their shiny rank. Well odds are, if your in that rank and people don’t respect it’s because you didn’t earn it!

So leaders how about you earn, what you want by making sure this place runs properly and isn’t bending at it’s supports.

One last thing, lighten up on the rules! Stop flaunting them around whenever. We all know them, if we break them oh well. Then who ever broke them will get punished!

One last thing, I am putting this in open convo for one reason. So it won’t get closed after the WC feels it isn’t need to be discussed and also for my fellow community members to either side with me or disagree with me and tell me why or how.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

Re: Just some thoughts.

Biggest thing? Get us out of Peacetime! It's boring! We want WAR!
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

There will never be such thing as Evenly skilled squads. The reason "God squads" are so good. Is cause they play togeather alot. On both Halo and other games. They know each others play style. Breaking up a god squad wont fix anything.
    "AA's for quiters."
    "Welcome to Walmart, get your shit and get out."

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

in peacetime there is always low activity
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Eagle there are a lot of things in this that I would very much like to discuss with you one day, but i will get my main points out here.

First off I am torn in your idea about bootcamps. I LOVE the idea of making them set once or twice a week, and I would very much like to see that system implemented in both armies. But...as for the content of those bootcamps I can't agree with you or disagree. I see the point you are trying to make with "making their thumbs bleed", if we get new members to work to get into this community they will most likely work harder to to help the community out and not cause so many problems. Although, at the same time we need more members, we could always use more members. And some people that are recruited just want to play FOR FUN, not let some person they've never met make their thumbs bleed. I never spoke to Raz, but I have heard stories about how rediculous his bootcamps were back in the Halo 2 era. When I run bootcamps I do just explain the rules. But instead of making them do rediculous crap, I drill into their heads the two most important things I have learned in this community. 1.) RESPECT: I teach them to show respect to their enemy, this community was created to escape all of the assholes on xbox live. That is why we have rules such as no tea bagging, donkey punching, shooting corpses, etc... I also do teach them to respect their superior officers. Because these officers have done a lot for the community (some more than others), and they have dedicated hours of their life to their position. I do not agree with everything superior officers do as I have stated before. But there are different kinds of respect that I believe needs to be explained. Some respect needs to be given for the reasons I explained above. Officers, Respected members, Moderators, and most of all Forerunners. This kind of respect you do what they say because they told you to do it. The other kind of respect has more meaning. This respect is earned. If you earn others' respect they will follow you and do what you say not just because of the position you hold but because they trust you, that is the strongest and most important respect of all. Moving on...the other important thing I teach at bootcamps is 2.) HAVE FUN: I tell new recruits that this community is about meeting new people and having a good time playing a game we all love. I warn them that they will lose games, some games they may get trashed. But this community was founded on escaping the crap others give on xbox live, and to have fun.

I know that was a lot but I believe strongly in what I have said.
    As for the "God Teams" if we were to break up friends they wouldn't have fun. There will always be "God Teams", the NFL has them, MLG has them, they are everywhere. The best we can do is to train and practice to become better than them. I am not scared of any BLUE alone or in a squad, I go in and give it my all. And I know my squad does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by XxCptNICK94xX View Post
    in peacetime there is always low activity
    Not always.

Eagle you need to get your ass back into highcom. Guys you should take this into serious consideration. Ive been saying this a bunch for a while now! No one listens to me tho lol.

But seriously listen to this kid. ALL OF YOU. Hes one of the most dedicated members here. Guy knows his stuff.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

Blog Posts

@ Nick and Donkey I specifically left out low activity be I understand why, but I have been here when games have come out and this place centered as a hub of conversation for those games. (We kinda broke into that with Skyrim) The problem with that it quite frankly, not many people use the forums for more then is what is needed or at all. I had this problem when I was the Colonel of REDD. No one ever got on the forums, unless they were my officers.

@ Unlucky You come from the era, of bootcamps being done terribly so you have never had an example. I myself had to go through a rather time consuming bootcamp done by Rengade of Funk. Remember the Arch on the beach on Last Resort? Ya me and my group of recruits had to run up and down it 20 times. If anyone in the process fell off or died, we had to start over. Funk would let us get to like 18 and then kill one of us.

To get into Nightwish RaZ ran everyone through his own personalized "bootcamp" of sorts. He talked for hours, and quite frankly was an asshole the entire bootcamp. We ran 5 laps, when we were finished and he lined us up. He told us his controller better not shake from someone firing at him after the game. Sure as shit, (where someone actually fired at him or not) his controller "shook" and we were running 10 more laps.

In this community we always try and compare this place to the military, we are far from it. However we can take certain aspects and mold them into this community. Bootcamps in the actual military, are mean't to break, beat, and train you into becoming a soldier fit for combat. Same goes for this place, bootcamp were originally hard and broke people into how this community can be. If someone can take 30 minutes of laps and up downs then the sorry bastard doesn't belong in this community.

We wouldn't be picking apart these teams, but slipping them into groups to play in different squads. If you have to ruin the fun for a few to improve the fun for many, well then so be it. (I personally believe that such teams are a major issue in this community, because you can't get away from MLG and such if you bring the MLG players and such in....) The whole issue of God-squads is another one of those issues, where people bring up topics on how to fix the issue and then nothing changes.

@ Funk I put in my application ages ago, but I really think the question on be being able to have the ability to prefer cake over pie really got me

My Desk

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE THROW A PIE

I created Hill 30

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

I agree and support many of these points, simplicity is required!

We did a scheduled boot camp twice a week in BLUE Army for all of last war and it worked out great.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I agree and support many of these points, simplicity is required!

We did a scheduled boot camp twice a week in BLUE Army for all of last war and it worked out great.
    Good then lets see some change, agreeing and supporting never solved problems!

My Desk

Thread Information