Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Just some thoughts.

I agree with the no credits idea. Honestly it is aimed at High Command and Officers. 90% of each army has no idea how the system works and people below the ranks of these two are never informed about the overall strategy with the credit system. "God Squads" shouldn't be split up (We aren't Communist). As for the simplicity of everything. I agree it should be simplified a bit, but the reason why this community is sinking is because of the members simple as that and I ultimately blame the MLG try hards who come into this community for competition and not the community itself.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Ok eagle, you make a very valid point. And you are right, my bootcamp was very similar to the ones I conduct. And with your idea of boot camps it definatly weeds out the less interested gamers. In my introduction bootcamp the other recruits began dicking around, and continued to do so until the officers instructed them to stop or they would be kicked from the camp...now out of the other soldiers I went through bootcamp with I am the only one who is still active in FC.

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

we need to focus less on winning and skill and more on balance

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    "God Squads" shouldn't be split up (We aren't Communist). As for the simplicity of everything. I agree it should be simplified a bit, but the reason why this community is sinking is because of the members simple as that and I ultimately blame the MLG try hards who come into this community for competition and not the community itself.
    It isn't being communist, it's paving the way to allow more people to have fun. If we have to remove specific people from the community to do so then so be it.... I'd rather piss a couple people off and create a fun environment, then sit back and allow these people to stay here and bog down the fun for others.

Unlucky you've got a lot to learn about the past of this community and how thing used to be run. I still have much to learn myself, but with what I currently know I can help younger members such as yourself aspire to become the next in line leaders of this place.

@Poder. Thank you for saying what I said, just again.....

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

i was just simplifying it

Blog Posts

Either way, should we stricken up our policy? One way I like is that if each Recruit had to have a Sponsor with them in order to join, and they had a one week probation period where the Sponsor would have to teach them the ropes and make SURE the Recruit understands the policiies of Forerunner Conflict. Then, we run one of the two weekly bootcamps for the Recruit.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

It isn't stricken up our policy, it's just resorting to the old ways that always worked. This isn't a policy, it's simply how things should be. As for the Sponsor idea, that is already the role of the squad leader.

My Desk

This community has always had God Squads. As long as if there is an equivalent squad or at least close in skill on the other army it is fine. We haven't had a problem with stacking yet. And my point about the MLG try hards are they make up a BIG portion of our community. The only thing they have to offer to this community is their skill. Most of them mute their mics opponents during the battle night lobbies which is the ONLY time they have a chance to talk to the opposing army because most of them don't even go on the forums. THAT is not what this community is about. We have had GREAT players before but they were here for the COMMUNITY not just Halo.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    This community has always had God Squads. As long as if there is an equivalent squad or at least close in skill on the other army it is fine. We haven't had a problem with stacking yet. And my point about the MLG try hards are they make up a BIG portion of our community. The only thing they have to offer to this community is their skill. Most of them mute their mics opponents during the battle night lobbies which is the ONLY time they have a chance to talk to the opposing army because most of them don't even go on the forums. THAT is not what this community is about. We have had GREAT players before but they were here for the COMMUNITY not just Halo.
    Here is the problem with "god-squads" even if they have a balanced squad to play against in the opposing Army, they get bored facing the same players over and over again. So they want to play other squads, then here is where you have the problems. Because no one wants to play a game where they go in knowing they don't stand a chance, and come out having their asses handed to them. Stacking has been resolved for the time being, but as new leadership steps up old issues will arise again....

So if you section up those "god-squads" and move them around everything becomes more balanced. Those MLG try-hards are a major problem with this community you are spot on and will not deny that. Only people still recruit in these MLG kids because they want to win....

Johnkilla had this plan for when he became FM or even as a general to bring in tons of MLG kids for BLUE and win the war that way...... People like him should be removed from this community immediately. (Thank god he fell off the face of the Earth)

My Desk

Neutral DI Overseer
    AimBot Andi
    DragonBorn
    Disturbed

Ya'll a bunch of conformists.

Jk. I always said the system was to complicated. Even when I was FM, but Raz told me to shut up and deal with it. It is astoundingly to complicated for the community to work properly. Pick a fucking map and kill eachother for it. Simple

Ad for the administrative help. I've offered my hand countless times. I'm now not even in an army. Can I assist now?

Thread Information