Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Re: Just some thoughts.

then perhaps we develop a tier system for each squad, Bronze tier is composed of squads who win 30% of the time, Silver Tier is composed of sqauds who win 50% of the time and Gold tier is composed of squads who win 70% of the time. we could make it so a squad in Gold tier cant face a Bronze Tier but can face a Silver Tier or a Gold Tier. it would work the same way upwards as well, a Bronze cant face a Gold but can face a Silver or another Bronze. thoughts? opinions?

Potatoes. Simple.

No but I feel this comunity is quite crap. I have debated leaving a few times. I think I will stick around just t osee what happens. We need a fresh clean slate. New rules, HighCom, and maps.

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

of course... potatoes are the key, they conduct electricity and can host our site.... its genius, now i have to kill elementary to get a patent for it. lol

Blog Posts

Eagle, don't disrespect people. It's not good.

As for the MLG-esque people, let them be. They aren't running the community, they're just here for fun like we are. You face tough challenges in your life, and you have to deal with it to overcome it. As a Squad Leader, you should be looking up to fighting them! Hit up matchmaking with your Squad and try to become better. Don't whine about it.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    Here is the problem with "god-squads" even if they have a balanced squad to play against in the opposing Army, they get bored facing the same players over and over again. So they want to play other squads, then here is where you have the problems. Because no one wants to play a game where they go in knowing they don't stand a chance, and come out having their asses handed to them. Stacking has been resolved for the time being, but as new leadership steps up old issues will arise again....
    The ideal situation would be to split up the God Squads to make everything more fair. But you have to realize that they are also friends too, so splitting them up they will either refuse to and quit the wars or possibly join another squad and lose interest. There is a possibility that they will join another squad and just stick with it, but these God Squads are use to winning so unless they get stuck with another winnable team they may not enjoy playing in FC. If more people would expand their horizons in this community it would bring this community a lot closer. I am with you EAGLE in this idea, but I am skeptical about it working out. In my 4 years of this community I have not once been in God Squad, but above average and mediocre squads I would love the see more people who are skilled realize that you can have fun not playing with God Squads

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Poder View Post
    then perhaps we develop a tier system for each squad, Bronze tier is composed of squads who win 30% of the time, Silver Tier is composed of sqauds who win 50% of the time and Gold tier is composed of squads who win 70% of the time. we could make it so a squad in Gold tier cant face a Bronze Tier but can face a Silver Tier or a Gold Tier. it would work the same way upwards as well, a Bronze cant face a Gold but can face a Silver or another Bronze. thoughts? opinions?
    That is simply masking the problem it isn't a solution, people don't want to constantly play the same squads over and over again it gets boring. I've thought about a system just like this in the past, but everytime I said no because it won't work.

@ Donkey. I've heard many people say you are to peaceful, you don't like making people upset or mad. You prefer a healthy compromise, which I respect. However during times like these, you can't and I stress can't keep everyone happy. We have to choose who we want to remain in this community and make sure they are well off, if it means losing a few members then so be it.

@ Blackhawk. Don't worry I'd be skeptical too, but doing such things would return this community to it's fun based mindset. It is currently in a win, win, win! Mindset.

back @ Poder. If we did put that plan into effect it would just circle around to people trying to win, they would want to be in the higher group of squads. That is not what we want right now.

Remember guys, if you truly believe in these changes you need to help out in the process. Don't just expect your HighCom and the WC to solve these issues. The things that I have laid out infront of you, have to be changed by the community not just a new section of the Accords.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

Should bring in more War-Sim feel. Call your Officers SIR. Have similar emblems. Interactive Armies, Army meetings regularly. Squads as a TEAM instead of just a get together on a Sunday. Thats what I used to enjoy back in the day.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Should bring in more War-Sim feel. Call your Officers SIR. Have similar emblems. Interactive Armies, Army meetings regularly. Squads as a TEAM instead of just a get together on a Sunday. Thats what I used to enjoy back in the day.
    That comes with the changes, because you know that I want that war-sim roleplay feel back in this place. We need to change this community back to when it just came down to getting away from MLG and Matchmaking and rather just having a good time every Sunday by kicking the shit out of the opposing army.

Scarekro Squad last war spent an entire fucking off, dancing in game and not being serious and they had a blast doing it. I mean when ever I play games with squads like VbD I notice the atmosphere is always about winning and it isn't fun. But when I play with Scarekro Squad and my friends we win games, and it isn't because were better. It just comes down to close intense games.

Our first game on Spire for the Beta War, me and ClearOrangeZero spent a good amount of time in game wondering how the hell we could get the BLUE flag back to our base without the carrier taking heavy fire. We figured it out and won the game that way.

Sanctuary oddball, I can honestly say REDD one with a bit of luck and a shit ton of frag grenades because if BLUE had the ball for a millisecond more they would have won the game.

This all comes with simplicity though, and simplicity is something that we don't have in this community.

My Desk

Blog Posts

I dont see what vCash and the cR system has to do with blocking your fun. That doesn't make it so you can have fun in the games or not? Only stressful if you're an Officer or in HighComm.

And just because you don't have fun in serious game-play, doesn't mean they don't. To each their own.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    I dont see what vCash and the cR system has to do with blocking your fun. That doesn't make it so you can have fun in the games or not? Only stressful if you're an Officer or in HighComm.

And just because you don't have fun in serious game-play, doesn't mean they don't. To each their own.
    No it's the simple fact that this community has become very complex and we haven't expanded enough to balance out those complex additions. Trust me I've been in HighCom and it gets very boring spending 2+ hours planning attacks..... Not to mention keeping track of your Army credits...... I actually stopped going to those meetings, because of how much I learned to hate it.

Its the simple fact that, this community is dying. So we need to cut back on what we do to save this place, if you haven't noticed. This is going on the second war and the War Council hasn't gotten any new members.....

To each their own, but how far does that go until we've broken the reason why this community was formed? The answer is, we've already gone to far. How many people come and stay in this community once they are recruited? Not very many, sure we get a few here and there, but about 70% of the members we recruit are never heard from again after their 1st battle-night. So why is that?

My Desk

Thread Information