Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Courtesy And What Topic Content

This has been talked about up and down but I don't think we have really tackled what we want to do about this entire situation. Over the course of my time here I have seen in the forums a very vulgar way of addressing people in which we tell each other to "Go Fuck Ourselves", to "Screw Off" and many much more colorful variants in which we curse and use a profanity that is far past being consider appropriate.

People have talked about needing to clean up this very situation a good couple of times and I think it would be wise to really start throwing some ideas out there. I think it would be agreeable, that in the situations that we see this overly hostile, overly vulgar speech used in such a disrespectful way that we give a person either a 24 hour ban, or an initial warning followed by a week long ban. I can't really gauge what you guys think is a correct punishment for this behavior but I do believe it would be for the best if we provided a firm hand in the situation to provide the clear message that you must respect one another on the community site.

Another concept that we need to go over is some of the "NSFW" content we are posting on this site. I have no reason to justify why we had a link of a dog being burned on a community gaming site revolving around Halo, with the additional reasoning that we have members who are still very young, and in all reality, NONE of us should, or need to be viewing such videos.

If nothing else we have to realize that there are young teenagers on this site, members who are 15, and even some younger who are looking at these messages we are posting. We are doing a disservice to the site, and ourselves by conveying the message that such behavior is alright on this site, and even that we as upcoming adults use this language in such disregard to the images we are conveying. We should clean up how we are acting, and how we are portraying our community because if we want this place to be known as a truely great place then we will need to make that effort to make it a great place and this is one area that is in a good need of polish.

I hope that the rest of you will discuss what you believe is a fair punishment and that we can discuss this with as little argument among ourselves as possible.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

Re: Courtesy And What Topic Content

Thank you Salvanous. I was on the verge of posting a very similar topic. And we DO have rules for such matters, however for whatever reason, they aren't being used.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Halo 2 Veteran
    GFX Artist
    Retired Leader
    Blackheart CO

I definitely agree with you.

This isn't 4chan, it's Forerunner Conflict. People need to remember that and learn when their posts cross the 'too far' threshold.

NIHIL VERUM OMNIA LICITA

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by EriRi 1138 View Post
    I definitely agree with you.

This isn't 4chan, it's Forerunner Conflict. People need to remember that and learn when their posts cross the 'too far' threshold.
    Warnings out then let's enforce it.

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Let's also make sure that we clarify the magnitude of the punishment guys, it's easy to say they should be punished, but when you provide an actual answer to the situation it becomes that much easier to follow.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I back this 100%. However I do not believe we should completely ban the use of swearing, sometimes a good "shit" or similar word can help drive a point. But when one member tells another to "get the fuck out and leave FC" that person shouldn't walk away with no consequences, respected member or not. When I put recruits through a bootcamp one of the biggest points I try to make is RESPECT. And well when I see a "Respected Member" tell one of my men he isn't worth anything then they need to take a good look at themselves. They are making me and my bootcamps look like a big waste of time. I dont even know why they would get such a title if they're not going to act appropriately.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Make the age limit 21.

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    I back this 100%. However I do not believe we should completely ban the use of swearing, sometimes a good "shit" or similar word can help drive a point. But when one member tells another to "get the fuck out and leave FC" that person shouldn't walk away with no consequences, respected member or not. When I put recruits through a bootcamp one of the biggest points I try to make is RESPECT. And well when I see a "Respected Member" tell one of my men he isn't worth anything then they need to take a good look at themselves. They are making me and my bootcamps look like a big waste of time. I dont even know why they would get such a title if they're not going to act appropriately.
    lol. If you're gonna quote me word for word, might as well just use my name...
    and while your at it, might as well add in the fact that I was disrespected first, by the member in the situation you are referring to. Don't just put half a story bra.
    matter fact, I'd be amazed if anyone here could show one disrespevtful comment I made that wasn't in response to a comment I recieved. Did I go overboard with some if my reactions? Yes. But were those reactions unwarrented? No, they weren't. Hell, the dispute that quote came from was in response to being called "a pusdyfart" in a calm discussion. And me anc that person have since resolved our duspute.
    I reacted to disrespect, I was angry, and I didn't really filter my reactions.
    I will admit my faults, but don't act as if they were viscous attacks against innocent members.
    Last edited by RetRdidMunkie; 01-18-2012 at 04:27 AM.

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Wow this went completely off topic quick. Salv I appreciate you attempting to help fix things and your opinion is well heard but some people need to understand that situations are not solved by bashing others indierectly nor bringing up the past. We definately have not learned anything these days kids. This was not originally closed because it was a new topic but that went completely off track so now it is. Salv if you still wish to adress this matter take it to pm with people please and thank you. Closed.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Blog Posts

Someone needs to give Mede our closed topic image...

I can never tell when the topic is closed, because of my admin :/

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Thread Information