Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Mass Effect 3

I cant believe nobody has posted anything on ME3, the third installment to the greatest video game ever created. To those who are new I kept a thread on ME2, and I'll be doing the same here.

I originally posted this on OcR's forums 03-07-2011

As some of you may or may not know, I am a huge fan of Bioware's Mass Effect. It all started years ago when my buddy mentioned the creators of KOTOR were beginning a huge project known as Mass Effect. After watching the trailer and suffering several sleepless nights I ended up forgetting about it altogether (Halo really gripped my life) and ended up picking up a copy a few months after its release. I've been hooked ever since. Recently I've finished my final play through Mass Effect 2, I'm planning on importing 2 of my 3 characters into Mass Effect 3 (A Paragon War Hero who's a vanguard, and a Renegade Ruthless Soldier who stops at nothing to get the job done). I've been binging Mass Effect hard before Dragon Age 2 came out, that last night I had a Mass Effect dream (Myself, Garrus, and Zaeed infiltrated a Reaper to destroy it from the inside, Garrus stayed behind to die a martyr ). Anyways, that dream got me thinking of the possibilites Mass Effect 3 will bring. So, lo and behold my predictions for Mass Effect 3 following the only trailer the game has so far released
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEej...3.6.2.1.1l13l0

============= I will be adding more thoughts in time. **SPOILERS** ====

Obviously, Earth is under attack. Humanity has unfortunately gained the attention of the Reapers (Since Sheppard is a 50), the brunt of their first attack will strike here. Like ME2, the majority of the game will be spent gathering allies/assets to relieve the siege of Earth. Depending on the fate of the Council in ME1, this will be easy or difficult (alot of animosity of you let the alien council die). I expect the Geth/Quarians/Rachni/Krogan/Turians/Salarians are potential allies to recruit. Each is probably led by old acquaintances, so I hope you gained their loyalty.

-In the Lair of the Shadow Broker Liara also mentioned that the Shadow Broker was looking for more Prothean artifacts, that it was hinted he felt that there was something out there that could help organics against the Reapers. Hopefully that goes into elaboration.

-If you recall during Tali's recruitment mission, the sun on Haestrom was decaying more rapidly than it should have. IMO, thats because the Reapers are using it to create a hyperspace window of some kind from dark space. That's just my guess.

-Obviously the Reapers need sometype of ground shock force to aid in the neutralizing of worlds, so I expect to see new and old types of Husks, as well as potential "Collector/Protheans" that weren't used to remain behind at Collector Station. Speaking of Collector Station, I have no idea how thats gonna be used if you chose to keep it in Cerberus' possession.

-I honestly cant wait to see the reactions of all these fictionalized characters when the Reapers come knocking at the door. ME3 is going to be the biggest, "I told you so" moment in gaming.

Wish List

-I want to see Admiral Hacketts face. I know it sounds weird, but that man has been one of Sheppard's biggest supporters behind the scenes (Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC helps support this).

-More variety in weapons and armor. I enjoyed ME2 & ME1's weapon/armor system, but I'd like more of a balance in variety. Personally I'm sick of this N7 crap; I'm a Spectre now, I want armor that shows that distinction.

-Send us off with a bang. ME3 is the conclusion of this epic trilogy, I fully expecting Bioware to shock and awe its fans with amazing graphics, gameplay, and story line.

If anyone has anything else to add, including videos and news, feel free to post!

et ducit mundum per luce

Re: Mass Effect 3

CAN'T WAIT. I never played any of the DLCs (ME1 or ME2)

Have you read any of the books?

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Blog Posts

It's funny you mentioned no one was posting, I was thinking about this game today. Because I do believe it is suppose to release very soon.

I myself want more weapons and armor, they got very old very fast in ME2...

I have never played Mass Effect.... I started on 2 and basically wikied and watched videos on youtube to get to know the first game.

I can not wait for ME3 this game is going to easy be one of the if not the best game of 2012.....

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

saves corrupted... I gotta start from 1.... But imma just buy em all n go on a marathon. Lol. Good way to waste free time

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RetRdidMunkie View Post
    saves corrupted... I gotta start from 1.... But imma just buy em all n go on a marathon. Lol. Good way to waste free time
    thats exactly what i want to do... iv never played ME nor had the motivation to untill #3 was announced... like Munkie said, im starting from the beginning before diving into the third right off the bat

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Femshep FTW!

Also, I killed Tali because fuck that bitch.

I took Legion with me on her loyalty mission just to show how much I fucking hated their race.

Fuck 'em.

Oh, were gonna float around leeching off of people instead of fighting back to get our homeworld.

/rant
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

HAHAHA Yes!

et ducit mundum per luce

Mordus died at the end of me ME2...

PORQUE!

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

beat both games a million times, bought all DLC on ME2. i fucking love this game . i have the first two books on my E-reader. i Mass Effect . best game in the world
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici"
    RedWatch Special Forces Veteran
    Dreadrouge Vet
    Fox Legion Vet
    Z'z Pumbie

Distinguished Service Medal

Captains Merit

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

played both ME and ME2, BEST...GAMES...EVER, i can't wait for ME3