Jailbroken Iphone
    Try again.
    iPhone
    Android (Droid is a specific phone)
    Jailbroken iPhone
    Rooted Android
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Re: Phones?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash the Mute View Post
    Try again.
    iPhone
    Android (Droid is a specific phone)
    Jailbroken iPhone
    Rooted Android
    QFT

And EAGLE 4G is only a conspiracy if you believe it is plus the while paying extra money is dependent on what service you're on, I'm on sprint and they only charge $10 extra a month and that's not you're 4G that's a premium for every smartphone device. Also as far as Androids crapping out, the.good ones like the EVOs, Samsung Galaxy IIs, the Galaxy.Nexus, etc never crap out unless its user error, my phone had freaked out once and that was because.I was dumb and tried to use it in the rain, and then once it dried it was fine. (new just typed this on my HTC EVO 3D.)

Btw something that I personally love that All Androids (2.2 and above) have today IPhones don't have is Swype.

My heart is REDD, my blood is REDD, and my armor is REDD. REDD army forever and always.

Halo 2 Veteren
    GFX Artist

Blog Posts

I don't believe it's a conspiracy...

It's a marketing term that is used to make phone companies more money, when in fact they bone you out of money as is.

Text messages cost absolutely nothing for the phone company to send, yet they charge for texting...

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    I don't believe it's a conspiracy...

It's a marketing term that is used to make phone companies more money, when in fact they bone you out of money as is.

Text messages cost absolutely nothing for the phone company to send, yet they charge for texting...
    Sprint doesn't :P

My heart is REDD, my blood is REDD, and my armor is REDD. REDD army forever and always.

Halo 2 Veteren
    GFX Artist

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Andriod Exhibition 2

i own it and its really good to have... theres many apps for the average person.

Andriod is reliable, my sister has bought every IPhone that has been released and says theres a flaw with everyone of them... i have yet to find one on my phone

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

I'm going to say this now, 4G is not purely a marketing term.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/ITU-says-LTE-WiMax-and-HSPA--are-now-officially-4G_id15435

4G is an actual standard set by ITU-R. Current 4G you see in cellular phones do in fact meet the standard. The standard is only 1Mbps to meet 4G standards according to ITU-R. Do they use it to market? Yes, but a basic marketing study will show that consumers like new technology. They would be foolish to not market it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/221931/4g_wireless_speed_tests_w hich_is_really_the_fastes t.html

PC World's test show that the 4 major carriers have met and surpassed this speed.

Another thing I want to point out. iPhone is a specific phone running the iOS platform. Andriod is the platform, however the amount of devices using this platform can not be counted on your fingers. If you want to compare phones, compare the phones, not the platform. Personally iOS vs Andriod, I prefer Andriod hands down. Very lightweight, can run on just about any phone, very open ended market, and very easy to use. Granted, the iOS is easy to use as well, but it's a bit more on memory usage, and it does not support additional flash media. I can not say anything on the actual user interface as I do not own a product that runs iSO.

Hardware wise, I will say this. I feel the hardware between Samsung Galaxy SII vs iPhone 4S is damn close, however the SII has the slight edge. Don't get me wrong, the hardware on the iPhone 4S is solid, I just feel the SII is a bit better.

I feel the platform is the important part. You can have a great piece of hardware, but if your software limits you, there is no point to the hardware. I personally would go for an Andriod based phone over iOS. There are phones that use the Andriod software at all price ranges. Hell, even the prepaid phones in Wal-Mart are now running Andriod.

End of the day, it is up to you and your market research. Make sure you look at sources that are on both sides and evaluate carefully.

**EDIT**

Eagle your "evidence" is almost two years old. The technology has changed since then. Back in 2010, yes it was marketing because they were able to barely meet the standard. Now in 2012, it is true. This is a true 4G network as defined by ITU-R.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Sprint is the way to go for any phone. I have the HTC EVO Shift. Use it everyday and use it to access the forums more than my pc. I used to be all about customizing and it's definately better on an android than iPhone but I am becoming allot more busy and an iPhone would be allot more convenient. Sprint is offering me a free upgrade to get a iPhone for free so I'm getting that soon.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Thanks Metkil for posting that. Lol. Your rebuttal is much better than mine would have been.

AT&T "4G" was complete bullshit until just recently when they finally put up some 4G LTE towers (which is what legitimately is how 4G should be). What they have is called HSPA+, which is basically 3G+. AT&T consistently has been using these marketing gimmicks to try and showcase their "superior" service. In reality, they have often been around 2 years behind Sprint and Verizon in their technology.

The 4G service I get at a local restaurant (with only 1 bar out of a possible 5) gets me about 16.0Mbps connection on Verizon's LTE network. There's all the proof you need, Eagle.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    Sprint is the way to go for any phone. I have the HTC EVO Shift. Use it everyday and use it to access the forums more than my pc. I used to be all about customizing and it's definately better on an android than iPhone but I am becoming allot more busy and an iPhone would be allot more convenient. Sprint is offering me a free upgrade to get a iPhone for free so I'm getting that soon.

How did you manage to get that?

And I agree, Sprint is definitely the way to go they have been firsts on quite a bit (the first 4G phone in the USA, the first 3D phone (which you can take however you want) and the first American iteration of the Samsung Galaxy S II), whats awesome is that they are getting the Galaxy Nexus and possibly the Sprint version is going to be a tad bit faster (1.4 dual core ghz processor as opposed to Verizon's 1.2) than Verizons.

Halo 2 Veteren
    GFX Artist

Quote Originally Posted by xWarPath77x View Post
    How did you manage to get that?And I agree, Sprint is definitely the way to go they have been firsts on quite a bit (the first 4G phone in the USA, the first 3D phone (which you can take however you want) and the first American iteration of the Samsung Galaxy S II), whats awesome is that they are getting the Galaxy Nexus and possibly the Sprint version is going to be a tad bit faster (1.4 dual core ghz processor as opposed to Verizon's 1.2) than Verizons.
    10 year premium customer.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Thread Information