Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

FC:Rev3 01/29/12 - Contact G08 - REDD Mix vs BLUE Mix

enjoy

if you listin at the beginning you can hear him saying "again"... yes, there is another video coming

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Re: FC:Rev3 1/29/2012 - Contact Game 8 - REDD Mix vs BLUE Mix(Commentary by Juggernau

why did the second vid come out before the 1st one? and its 9473

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Re: FC:Rev3 1/29/2012 - Contact Game 8 - REDD Mix vs BLUE Mix(Commentary by Juggernau

Great job guys, good video Zonga, nice commentating Juggs and slick gameplay Max!
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

I feel as if Conflict should be left out of these weekly vids just because there isn't much to talk about when looking at just one person, good commenting, Max did a good job, and maybe Dual Commentary could be used in the future

Blog Posts

Overall well, but you should do a cycle, BLUE and then REDD gameplays.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    I feel as if Conflict should be left out of these weekly vids just because there isn't much to talk about when looking at just one person, good commenting, Max did a good job, and maybe Dual Commentary could be used in the future
    I think Dual Commentary would work great! Good idea.

However, Conflict can be kept in, but it definitely shouldn't be too common. If it's a dual commentary, it shouldn't have any dull moments. For example, one of the two guys can focus on observing the other team and be like "while Max picks up the Sniper, ImmaGonnaJewYou from REDD is picking up the red Concussion Rifle". I think that would help things a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Overall well, but you should do a cycle, BLUE and then REDD gameplays.
    If we could get some more good games saved from REDD, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, not all the games saved are interesting when watched from that perspective, and the few REDD films we get are not all good gameplay. We hope to balance it out much more in the future with good REDD-featured games. Be sure to remind your members to save their games.

While you guys certainly did a great job with this one, there is some room for improvement:
    • During the places where there was black-screen (before and after the game), maybe put the FC logo and website. Just something so that the viewers have something to watch.
    • The commentary was off-synch the entire match. It was 4 seconds behind the game.
    • The game audio could be heard through the commentary. Next time, I recommend turning down the game volume while commentating.
    • For the commentator: I highly recommend watching the film beforehand, and maybe make a note of various events that are happening outside of the person's view that you are watching. Talk about the other team's activities and the overall game in addition to the single person's gameplay. Talk about the fact that BLUE was on the REDD side the first half of the game and pressuring them a lot, but then backed off half-way through and set up defensively along the bridge, for example. xD
    • Before the match starts or during the early game, try talking about the teams involved and the map itself. Say that this is "a REDD Mix against a BLUE Mix playing Conflict on Contact, a 4v4 symmetric map". Then roll the Conflict details section. Then the game begins. Then talk about the how Max was immediately rushing Rockets, allowing his teammates to grab Sniper and Overshield, and how BodaciousBaconn was supporting Max as he did so. etc. Basically, try to relate the team's actions to the player as much as possible.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Good video, but like Myth pointed out, the audio has a bit of a delay, and you can hear the game on Jugg's end.

As for the narration, there were definitely moments where there wasn't much to narrate. I know it'd be difficult, but I think it'd be better to have a gameplay video that doesn't just follow one guy. Either way, I think it'd help if the narrator, during the low-action bits, were to talk about the map a bit more. If you've played it at least once, you know where the weapons and choke points are, and it's good to point them out to the viewer.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    If we could get some more good games saved from REDD, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, not all the games saved are interesting when watched from that perspective, and the few REDD films we get are not all good gameplay. We hope to balance it out much more in the future with good REDD-featured games. Be sure to remind your members to save their games.
    Great suggestions Myth, oh and expect some good REDD gameplay this week.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    Great suggestions Myth, oh and expect some good REDD gameplay this week.
    Excellent. I'm looking forward to it.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daaaah Whoosh View Post
    Good video, but like Myth pointed out, the audio has a bit of a delay, and you can hear the game on Jugg's end.

As for the narration, there were definitely moments where there wasn't much to narrate. I know it'd be difficult, but I think it'd be better to have a gameplay video that doesn't just follow one guy. Either way, I think it'd help if the narrator, during the low-action bits, were to talk about the map a bit more. If you've played it at least once, you know where the weapons and choke points are, and it's good to point them out to the viewer.
    each video i upload (that is just gameplay) is 3GB big... having 2 perspectives will be 6GB (add 3GB per every perspective)... i dont have a shit load of room on my laptop and i will only have 500GB-750GB on my PC when i get it.

If you guys want more then one perspective, you might have to look for another person to do the recordings, cuz i dont want to overload my laptop like i already have before (it did a full wipe of my hard drive about 2 months ago) lol

i only have like 140GB left in here, OH, let me explain this even more.

The basic recording of the game is 3GB, then i have to render it (makes another better copy of it) and that can be up to 6GB.... thats damn near 10GB every video not counting intros/commentarys...

The audio editing that i have really sucks when i have to sync it to another file... cut me a little slack please lol

I will try to work on your ideas as much as i can, but i can promise, with my "skills", it will be hard to get this PERFECT lol

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information