When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

"Blind Date"

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...tinesComic.jpg
    ^ May need to enlarge...

Sidenote: If anyone knows how to make the image bigger please tell me.
    Last edited by Salvanous; 02-15-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Re: "Blind Date"

haha awesome. Im adding this to an article. nice work Salv

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

thanks. :3
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

why you no comment in my posts RaZ??? lol

On-topic: this is very funny, actually looked like whoever made it had alot of fun lol

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    this is very funny, actually looked like whoever made it had alot of fun lol
    This is usually how I make comics as I don't consider my art skills good enough to use, and I have always been a fan of Machinima, so this feels kind of like "Still Picture Machinima" to me, I try to think of, or just suddenly realize "Hey, it would be funny if this would happen" and then using the limitations of Halo's engine, I try to make the comic. It's fun coming up with the comics, and the challenge of finding the right poses, and right place to put the scene at.

I would like to say that I just know exactly what I want to do with the comic at all times, but really sometimes when I am getting the images in Theater mode, or even when I think that I have gotten all the images and are doing the text I come up with some ideas. That final image of the blind date pulling my spartan like a doll rag was actually an image that I didn't initially intend to get, but had a different idea in mind, and when I saw the image slowed down I realized I had to put it in the comic.

Either way it is a fun thing to do, and hopefully I can figure out a way to make the text bigger for future comics, as while I can read it on the link, it is difficult.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Lol great comic, Salv. I like how you place your characters, it makes the scenes dynamic, yet believable. And I have to say, I am jealous of your technique. When my characters speak, their discourse fills half the panel.

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daaaah Whoosh View Post
    When my characters speak, their discourse fills half the panel.
    Ah, but that is actually rather difficult at times, it can be difficult to read the speech bubbles of my panels if I go to a small font, and if I get too big a speech bubbles then you loose the sense of what is going on in the panel. With what I do you have to really try to think about trying to say as much as you can with as little wording as possible and letting the actions going on in the comic say the rest. I always run the risk of putting in too much text, and risking making it unreadable, or making too much space for the speech bubble, or I run risk of saying to little and not connect the viewer to the underlying humor.

You also get to work with facial expression which I can't really, the best I can do is try to use body language to convey a mood or emotion. For example, I can't convey a sense of unease in realizing the date was with an Elite but I can try to do as much as I can with the text. I also went on to try to show a sense of difference in her actions to show a sense of underlying hostility or strength that may be unsettling, like in the second to last panel.

Since you also draw yours you aren't limited to Halo, which in many cases makes your work much easier to relate to large amounts of people, and go over different cultural trends which I can't really do.
    Last edited by Salvanous; 02-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    Ah, but that is actually rather difficult at times, it can be difficult to read the speech bubbles of my panels if I go to a small font, and if I get too big a speech bubbles then you loose the sense of what is going on in the panel. With what I do you have to really try to think about trying to say as much as you can with as little wording as possible and letting the actions going on in the comic say the rest. I always run the risk of putting in too much text, and risking making it unreadable, or making too much space for the speech bubble, or I run risk of saying to little and not connect the viewer to the underlying humor.

You also get to work with facial expression which I can't really, the best I can do is try to use body language to convey a mood or emotion. For example, I can't convey a sense of unease in realizing the date was with an Elite but I can try to do as much as I can with the text. I also went on to try to show a sense of difference in her actions to show a sense of underlying hostility or strength that may be unsettling, like in the second to last panel.

Since you also draw yours you aren't limited to Halo, which in many cases makes your work much easier to relate to large amounts of people, and go over different cultural trends which I can't really do.
    agree.jpg
    I concede to your points, and put forth the idea that each of us has many obstacles to overcome. I even suggest that we do so admirably, and our strengths shine through all the more brilliantly for it.

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

*fist bump*
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Nice one. *thumbs up*
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Thread Information