Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: On the verge of another World War?

d3ad1te, I was just using "Castle" as an example of how connected everything is. It's a great piece of storytelling that, like Homefront, is grounded in reality.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Quote Originally Posted by I GhostHammer I View Post
    Uhhh no, that was Iran China threatened you over. How does a Canadian know more about who's threatening you country than you do?

European News Online
    lol... Rhetoric =/= cause for worry.

if we believed all the rhetoric countries have made, north korea would rule the world.

they've taken steps wih syria. They ain't done shit for iran..

...and also, never heard of you're source, and the sources I use don't say shit about this.

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Blog Posts

No they did Deadite. Ghost already posted a link so I wouldn't have to go searching :p

We've already kinda stopped them by (it hasn't been official), but by assassinating their scientists... Either that or Israel has been doing it :p

It isn't just the oil we are over there for, Israel is very important to us as well.

As for the US's military might. China's population is roughly 4x ours. (Unless I'm doing the math wrong)

Then we have Russia on top of that.

I'm sorry, but we wouldn't stand a chance. I can guarantee North Korea would hop on the bandwagon with China, and I do believe that the enlisted size of North Korea's military is about the same size as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by RetRdidMunkie View Post

...and also, never heard of you're source, and the sources I use don't say shit about this.
    If you really think that the big media channels/websites will actually talk fully about this. You're mistaken. This isn't something the people leading this country would really want out in the streets.

And munkie this isn't coming a small nation with no power, this threat is coming from a world economic power.
    Last edited by Nocte; 02-21-2012 at 03:30 PM.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    No they did Deadite. Ghost already posted a link so I wouldn't have to go searching :p

We've already kinda stopped them by (it hasn't been official), but by assassinating their scientists... Either that or Israel has been doing it :p

It isn't just the oil we are over there for, Israel is very important to us as well.

As for the US's military might. China's population is roughly 4x ours. (Unless I'm doing the math wrong)

I'm sorry, but we wouldn't stand a chance. I can guarantee North Korea would hop on the bandwagon with China, and I do believe that the enlisted size of North Korea's military is about the same size as ours.

If you really think that the big media channels/websites will actually talk fully about this. You're mistaken. This isn't something the people leading this country would really want out in the streets.
    Dude, I don't just read us news. I read brit papers that are on the web, and talk a lot with my uncle, who reads the rio times for all his info...

3 different continents for my news sources... All reputable and known... Vs 2 I've heard nothin about....

...and are you one of those conspiracy theorists that thinks the news is edited? It is spun a certain way, because places have their own political agendas, but they don't all outright censor info cuz "big brother" told them to... (which is what ur sayin)...

..and even if they do, they can't touch brit oapers, and the rio times wouldn't care...

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

I really just want the United States to get it over with and annex Canada. The United Territory of North America has a nice ring to it.

plus if it comes to war between us folk I've had a burning desire to go to Loco's house and execute him with an empty soda can and a wet towel. Dont ask.

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post

And munkie this isn't coming a small nation with no power, this threat is coming from a world economic power.
    Sorry. Nope.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...NXV-T6F6eHi_bA

China is cutting back on Iranian Oil. Helping the EU's sanctions against those crazy bastards.

I'm sorry but do you really think population size has ANYTHING to do with military power? You have no clue what you are talking about Eagle.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_expenditures

I shouldn't even have to explain to you why you are wrong. Look it up.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Thank you deadite. Liking you more and more.

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    I really just want the United States to get it over with and annex Canada. The United Territory of North America has a nice ring to it.

plus if it comes to war between us folk I've had a burning desire to go to Loco's house and execute him with an empty soda can and a wet towel. Dont ask.

war of 1812: round 2.

let's go Canada! we'll pwn teh americans.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    d3ad1te, I was just using "Castle" as an example of how connected everything is. It's a great piece of storytelling that, like Homefront, is grounded in reality.
    True that. As a film major story sounds pretty solid.

They are remaking Red Dawn. I think it was already remade but the director had to change the enemy from China to North Korea.

Any war with China would be self-destructive to both nations. We need China to make our shit, China needs US to buy their shit.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Blog Posts

@Munkie. The whole media thing isn't a conspiracy, it's the truth.

I forget what went on over-seas at the time, but remember when the guy from Florid was burning Qurans? When all of the news was covering that, something happened over-seas that only a few news sources actually covered.

However this topic is for another day.

@deadite

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/21/wo...exprod=myyahoo

Both Russia and China voted against the resolution.

As for military power, numbers can very well over whelm technology. If we have 1/3 of the world knocking at our doorstep, we wouldn't be able to fight them off for very long.

I understand how powerful we are, but our new found military hasn't really gotten into any wars to prove we can beat everyone. The small wars/operations we have gotten into haven't been victories.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Thread Information