Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Re: Clan Affiliates/Randomizing of Players

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    So its all about winning? i thought thats the mind set we really try to avoid...

Splitting a good squad (Sparta(n) <--- which ever it is) into a smaller group for example could be better. Random players will be placed with Sparta(n) Squad and they can learn from the original members, making each player progress with different players.

So you go from (example):

1 God Squad and 3 ok/normal squads ----into----> 4 great squads that stand even together and hold the same fighting chance.... BLUE is doing the same thing as REDD is, its not like REDD is the only people doing this...

Gussie couldnt have said it any better, people arent gonna like any kind of change, but its up to them to give it a shot... you said you guys are going to, and thats great, but give it a shot before making another statement against it again please... this is like the 4th time iv seen you make a statement against it in these past few days... none of these motions have been made yet... give it a week, by then the ball will be rolling.
    I was explaining why splitting squads doesn't fix the inequality gap.

And by give it a chance, I mean we'll be cutting our numbers down until we get to a group that wont be split.

EDIT: If we're guaranteed 10 to stay together, we'd stop this nonsense (us showing how pissed we are), and go on with our life. Ghost originally limited us to that, and raz just stated groups of 9-10 who join as friends should stay together. We'll comply fully with that without many complaints and a minimum level of bitterness.
    (I know I'm stating terms, but I need some confidence in a decision made)
    We won't be entirely happy cutting two people off, but tbh they aren't as dedicated anyway. We'll be able to emotionally get over those loses.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 02-25-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

why are you people getting all bent out of shape over this? its better than the alternative, you could have not had a choice in what army you were in, so be grateful you have that, seriously its just a game people, there is no need to whine and cry over this just because you dont want to let anyone else into your little groups

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    why are you people getting all bent out of shape over this? its better than the alternative, you could have not had a choice in what army you were in, so be grateful you have that, seriously its just a game people, there is no need to whine and cry over this just because you dont want to let anyone else into your little groups
    If it's just a game, why aren't we just allowed to play with our friends, like the vast majority of us want -.-.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

The opposite side of that is: I thought we didn't care about winning? I thought we were about fun? Then why are we splitting up friends and forcing people apart in order balance things out? I agree, forming larger Platoon and mixing people up may be a good idea and we should try it. HOWEVER, we shouldn't be forcing people who want to play apart, as in into different Platoons where they never have a chance to play again,, just form them together with another team and split them 50/50, like if its a 6v6, have three people from each old Squad make up that new 6 person team. If they want to branch out and be social, good on you for that. However, if they just want to experience a military simulated community with their friends and maybe mix with some other people like we said, then let them have their cake. Gotta meet people half way somewhere.
    Last edited by VerbotenDonkey; 02-25-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I give up.... im accpeting these changes and im gonna follow them, do what you want

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

You know I am down for trying this changes and playing this war with them, but I never want this to be a permanent thing. Pretty much whoever I play with in Blue Army I know already so its whatever.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

What has been decided has been decided. I'm going to go with the old cliche and say "IT IS WHAT IT IS." We, the Forerunners and War Council have made up our mind on this and it is going to stand. There is no use arguing or trying to persuade us to change our new style because we know what's best for the community. This topic is closed. I'm sorry for any disappointed in this decision, but you can accept it and meet new people within your army or you can respectfully leave (or even just stay as a member of the community, even if you aren't in an army).

Sorry Gents, but this topic is CLOSED.

(someone with mod powers post the little Topic closed image please XD)

I created Hill 30

Blog Posts

Yes sir Spartan. And, if you use Quick Reply, the two things underneath the text box, one of them should say "Close Thread" and I know in our old forums (invisionfree) it would include the picture in your closing statement.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

here you go spartan

Thread Information