Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Re: Clan Affiliates/Randomizing of Players

yes but most affiliates like fighting as a team. the duration doesnt matter, they are still in completely different armys but are in the same clan, a little messed up.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    I just look forward to seeing the FR's see everyone whining, then there is going to be a show to watch.
    yeah... that will be interesting lol

ill get the popcorn ready

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Poder View Post
    yes but most affiliates like fighting as a team. the duration doesnt matter, they are still in completely different armys but are in the same clan, a little messed up.
    Most clans practice against each other... i hate saying this, but they could technically use FC as their practice grounds against each other...

Poder i fully understand, but i dont see how it truelly is such an issue like how people make it seem to be

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

they should be able to play in the same army together at-least.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

If I may try to interpret the problem, the error with splitting a clan between two armies is that those are the people you fight against all the time. When you practice with your clan you tend to play against everyone pretty equally, or have your clan go against other clans/communities, with the system implemented that is out of the window. (pardon me if I am not interpreting correctly).

My thoughts on the issue is that I am nervous as to how the randomization will occur, I would be lying if I didn't say I would love to see the guys of 251st coming together again. However I know that the FR's and HC will do what they deem best and if its a flop we can always adjust.

One revisement I would throw out there is that I feel like friends coming into the community should be able to join their friend's squad as long as it didn't make the squad swing radically in skill. But the thoughts in my head would take too long to list out as I'm airborne in 10 min. TO BE CONTINUED!
    Last edited by Salvanous; 02-25-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

i'm sorry, but the fact that friends can't play together, and will instead be thrown in with randoms WILL discourage a lot of people from joining, and WILL make a lot of people leave.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    i'm sorry, but the fact that friends can't play together, and will instead be thrown in with randoms WILL discourage a lot of people from joining, and WILL make a lot of people leave.
    Is that a "we should talk about this" or a "you can accept it or walk" comment? I am terrible at reading context
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

it's a, "we can talk about this, but if there aren't major changes, bad things will probably happen" comment.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

OK. Here it is coming from the horses mouth.

We use to focus on getting clans/affiliates within FC. But that was the problem. We were starting to lose a CORE FC member base. What do I mean by that? Basically we have a low original FC member base. I am no longer looking for clans. Instead I want members who have no ties with a clan/affiliate.

Friends are one thing. If a group of Friends (usually 8-10 people) <-- usually less come and want to join FC. Awesome. They are guarnteed to play with each-other within a larger unit of 16 people. You will play with your friends for some battles, then play with new people on another battle.

Clans on the other hand are different. We no longer will make the clans happy by joining an army. Meaning if a clan joins FC, they are no different from a regular member. They all SHOULD join an army together. But, if its a group of 30+ they will most likely be split up amongst the army. WHY? It comes down to balancing an army. If a clan wants to play together all the time.. Join a game battles group, because we are not that.

The problem we had last time was that there were too many squads that would always play with the same people, and in some cases be isolated from the army, and become a powerhouse squad.

So in short, I want original FC members. Not clans. Abide by our rules, or I can show you the door out of here very quick. Upsets you? I don't care.. so please.. continue to cry, because it gets you no where.

house4_2.jpg
    Last edited by RaZ Vader; 02-25-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Blog Posts

Let me give you guys my personal input as well. When I was playing the Wars back in Halo 3, I had a huge ton of friends. I even kicked it with Renegade! But look now, almost no one I played with back in H3 is here anymore. BLUE/REDD both have huge membership based on newer guys. And I have friends on both sides as well. That's because I don't play with the same few people every day.

A synonym for Community is Social, meaning I really have no idea why you guys are making any kind of deal on this. Maker newer friends, have fun with the community side of us. But when battle night comes up, it the responsiblity of the leaders to balanace the armies. Casen point that Bazonga brought, being not even 3 hours actually. Some battles last war lasted a good hour and a half.

And as I also like to point out with Raz's spiel. Sometimes you'd play with friends, sometimes you'd play with new people. Is that any different than an army at actual war?

I'm right back at it again...

Thread Information