Also, Period Blood
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

Re: Clan Affiliates/Randomizing of Players

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vicious View Post
    Friends are one thing. If a group of Friends (usually 8-10 people) <-- usually less come and want to join FC. Awesome. They are guarnteed to play with each-other within a larger unit of 16 people. You will play with your friends for some battles, then play with new people on another battle.
    Mate, that's exactly what we are, just a group of friends that joined FC as a group of friends. There are exactly 10 of us who are active and dedicated, ironically enough, and we're being told we CAN'T be together. Despite popular belief, we are no longer a clan affiliate, and we aren't against breaking off in the future. But our group of 10 people has only joined less than a month ago, we'd like to be able to play with eachother (AKA be in the same platoon) for a while longer. FC still has that "new community" feel for us, and we haven't been here long enough to make splitting up and joining other platoons appealing.

rl;dr - My guys are a group of 10 friends who joined FC together. Not a clan affiliate. So can we stay together as stated in that post? I'm cutting like 3-4 GOOD members at this point who aren't ready to branch outward this early on. And when I say good members, I legitimately mean people willing to re-do boot camp and be active on this website.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Had to approve of the House image, bravo.

I see the reasoning, and as I have only heard how things will play out I will simply say I will be more comfortable when I see this in action.
    Last edited by Salvanous; 02-25-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Mate, that's exactly what we are, just a group of friends that joined FC as a group of friends. There are exactly 10 of us who are active and dedicated, ironically enough, and we're being told we CAN'T be together. Despite popular belief, we are no longer a clan affiliate, and we aren't against breaking off in the future. But our group of 10 people has only joined less than a month ago, we'd like to be able to play with eachother (AKA be in the same platoon) for a while longer. FC still has that "new community" feel for us, and we haven't been here long enough to make splitting up and joining other platoons appealing.

rl;dr - My guys are a group of 10 friends who joined FC together. Not a clan affiliate. So can we stay together as stated in that post? I'm cutting like 3-4 GOOD members at this point who aren't ready to branch outward this early on. And when I say good members, I legitimately mean people willing to re-do boot camp and be active on this website.
    I believe Cody gave you the option of splitting 10 and 10 (because it was said that you had 20 people joining). If you have 10 active members that want to be apart of us then you should be fine with all of you being in the same unit.

I created Hill 30

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    I believe Cody gave you the option of splitting 10 and 10 (because it was said that you had 20 people joining). If you have 10 active members that want to be apart of us then you should be fine with all of you being in the same unit.
    To be specific, we have about 12 active people wanting to be a part and willing to go through all the red tape.

After ghost threw out that number 10, he later PMed be saying you (or the FRs, rather) made a decision, and the only way we'd be able to stay together is in groups of 6-7 max.

This situation is a lot different for us than it is the regular FC members. Joining AS a group of friends is a lot different than joining then being put into a squad of friends. There's a different mentality. We're friends first, and FC members later. Before you gasp at that, realize some of us have known each other for 4+ years in this "group" I want to keep together, and most of them have only been in FC for a month. We care about the community, we never would have thrown ourselves in the fire by joining red to begin with if we didn't, but if these people are told they can't play with the people who recruited them in a community they've only been a part of for less than a month, they'll leave. They aren't as attached as the rest of us.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Anarchy, with all do respect and i mean with all do respect.... is not playing with your friends for upto 3 hours going to kill you or them? you have the ENTIRE WEEK to play together, but you guys cant play against each other or on a different squad for a few hours?

Again, i think people are over reacting with what is going on, i highly dought anyone will care if they cant play with their friends for a couple of hours....

Also anarchy, my regular Halo buddies are on BLUE, i came to REDD by myself and made friends fast, why cant you or your guys do that as well?

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    Anarchy, with all do respect and i mean with all do respect.... is not playing with your friends for upto 3 hours going to kill you or them? you have the ENTIRE WEEK to play together, but you guys cant play against each other or on a different squad for a few hours?

Again, i think people are over reacting with what is going on, i highly dought anyone will care if they cant play with their friends for a couple of hours....

Also anarchy, my regular Halo buddies are on BLUE, i came to REDD by myself and made friends fast, why cant you or your guys do that as well?
    You're right, it's not a big deal to them. If they're going to get split up, they'll just stop bothering with the community they just recently joined, known as FC, and play with eachother all the time.

I don't think you and I are going to agree here. Your regular buddies are in FC as dedicated FC members. Mine are new FC members, mainly attached to it because their friends are getting involved. That gets broken off if they aren't playing with us on Sunday.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post

When a Platoon gets built, is it not going to have weekly practices? It is NOT going to become a family? It should feel like a group of people you play with, its own entity within an Army. It should have Platoon pride. Wouldn't it be better to stick half and half? Half new members, and the other half Sparta? Then they can have community experience and stay together. Since they already have known each other almost as long as I've been in FC, I get where they're coming from.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I don't think you and I are going to agree here. Your regular buddies are in FC as dedicated FC members. Mine are new FC members, mainly attached to it because their friends are getting involved. That gets broken off if they aren't playing with us on Sunday.
    I understand your concern and trust id agree with you 100% if i hadnt seen this posted before:

FC is a community, not a friends list

If they truelly like FC and enjoy playing in FC (even if it means having you guys together) then i dont see why they cant agree to split apart for a few hours....

im gonna end my comments here, but im open to talk via PMs if you would like to continue this

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

I still disagree with splitting members apart. Although it shouldn't effect me at all it just shouldn't be a rule period. If a large group of friends join to play, half the reason they join is so they can play together, and have fun. If we start splitting those friends apart in the name of "balance" they are going to leave, or they just wont join in general. The only reason I joined FC was because Halo was getting stale, and IrelandWolf was already a member here, since I know him in real life I decided to join up and see how things would go. I stay in FC because it's a fun system, or was a fun system (I still don't know how the next war will turn out), and there are a bunch of great guys here, but if I were to be split from IrelandWolf I would probably lose interest here pretty easily. But then again, me and wolf are only two people, so it isn't like the splitting rule applies to us. If you split up the Resistance however I WOULD get pissed . . .

The only other thing that bothered me is something that Raz said, something along the lines of: "You can play with your friends for a while, but then you will get to play with other people." Something like that, and I also majorly disagree with that statement. I should be able to play with my brother and IrelandWolf for as many damn battles as I plain want to. Actually, as long as I get to play with the Resistance I'm fine, but if I start playing with (who knows, uhh) Baker Company and random people that I didn't want to play with than that isn't cool. Last war when I would be late into battles and my squad was already in a battle, I would get thrown into a BLUE Mix, but I was fine with that, because I knew that after that battle I would just regroup with my squad. However knowing that I wouldn't get to play with my bud's is a no go zone, and this should be respected by the community.

Also the mindset of "my way or the highway" isn't very cool either. It's the internet, no one here is actually a five star general, or some high ranking CEO of a major business company. We should all treat eachother with equal respect, and listen to eachother's complaints and worries. Any good leader in history will listen to their subordinates, and take their idea's into consideration.

"Democracy is the worst from of government, except for all the others." -- Sir Winston Churchill.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Thread Information