Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Clan Affiliates/Randomizing of Players

Anarchy, I understand where you are coming from. Playing with people you are not used to playing with does change the entire experience of the game, even if it's only for 2-3 hours one night per week. Nothing can replace the chemistry that a group has built by playing together for so long. I am on the same boat as you, Violent by Design is probably the best squad in these wars, we have the chemistry and the skill, and we might have to split up, making the squad a bit weaker, although if you have a few core players to show the others the way, you can build new chemistry with other members of the community. I think that is what the FRs are trying to do with this new set up, get people to work together and in return, make the entire army stronger (I know for a fact that people that will be mixed with me will become better). Do I agree with this new set up completely? not really. Will I give it a chance? why not. I'm not sure if you are trying to defend your circle of friends, or if you are afraid that by splitting up your group wont be as strong (not sure how good you guys are). Whatever the reason, just relax and try to make your mates understand, it seems to me like you are trying to cope with the idea, but your friends are a bit more stubborn. If this war goes on and this system proved to be a failure, I am sure that it will be changed.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    Anarchy, I understand where you are coming from. Playing with people you are not used to playing with does change the entire experience of the game, even if it's only for 2-3 hours one night per week. Nothing can replace the chemistry that a group has built by playing together for so long. I am on the same boat as you, Violent by Design is probably the best squad in these wars, we have the chemistry and the skill, and we might have to split up, making the squad a bit weaker, although if you have a few core players to show the others the way, you can build new chemistry with other members of the community. I think that is what the FRs are trying to do with this new set up, get people to work together and in return, make the entire army stronger (I know for a fact that people that will be mixed with me will become better). Do I agree with this new set up completely? not really. Will I give it a chance? why not. I'm not sure if you are trying to defend your circle of friends, or if you are afraid that by splitting up your group wont be as strong (not sure how good you guys are). Whatever the reason, just relax and try to make your mates understand, it seems to me like you are trying to cope with the idea, but your friends are a bit more stubborn. If this war goes on and this system proved to be a failure, I am sure that it will be changed.
    THANK YOU, is that so hard people?

thank you guzzie

Blog Posts

Guzzie, man of few words but many deeds xD
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

that didnt look like a "few" words to me donkey :P

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch about all of this?

KILLING YOUR FRIENDS IS FUN, TRUST ME

plus you guys dont really have a choice so live with it, it could have been worse
    but killing your enemies is even more fun.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    that didnt look like a "few" words to me donkey :P
    I meant he never posts xD
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    Again, I'm not the one that needs convincing. These people JUST JOINED and they're already being picked apart and split up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ
    Friends are one thing. If a group of Friends (usually 8-10 people) <-- usually less come and want to join FC. Awesome. They are guarnteed to play with each-other within a larger unit of 16 people. You will play with your friends for some battles, then play with new people on another battle.
    ^^^ Hell, even raz thinks a group of 10 people joining should stay together... I honestly don't see what more there is to be said. We may not like it, but we said we'd sit on that 10 person limit. Honestly, at this point, I'd just like a decisive answer on the matter. We'll act accordingly, no matter what that means doing.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Will this be a permanent thing or just until sides are balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    Will this be a permanent thing or just until sides are balanced?
    I don't think these splits have anything to do with army balance.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I agree. If anything, It only serves to hurt red even further. Thats my opinion. It should be painfully obvious why, especially to the people who've been in this community longer than I.

Thread Information