Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Re: Clan Affiliates/Randomizing of Players

Guzzie how many people are even in active in VbD, from what it looks like it is just AftershocK and you...
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Guzzie how many people are even in active in VbD, from what it looks like it is just AftershocK and you...
    Don't worry about it
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I don't think these splits have anything to do with army balance.
    What would lead you to believe this?

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Quote Originally Posted by d3ad1te View Post
    What would lead you to believe this?
    Splitting squads up doesn't change the average skill of a red and blue soldier. The same people will be on the same army, splitting squads up doesn't change that.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Splitting squads up doesn't change the average skill of a red and blue soldier. The same people will be on the same army, splitting squads up doesn't change that.
    ? Let's say we split VbD up and put some of them with a half of random squad #98. The VbD members are really good, the random squad members aren't so good. By splitting up VbD (which is really good) and splitting up random squad #98 (they are bad) we create a medium skilled squad still not as good as VbD. Yes, those VbD members are still in FC, but because they aren't all together the squad's they create won't be as good as the origional. It could completely be a skill thing, but the difference is if they will split up skill or if they just split up numbers. It is to be seen.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    ? Let's say we split VbD up and put some of them with a half of random squad #98. The VbD members are really good, the random squad members aren't so good. By splitting up VbD (which is really good) and splitting up random squad #98 (they are bad) we create a medium skilled squad still not as good as VbD. Yes, those VbD members are still in FC, but because they aren't all together the squad's they create won't be as good as the origional. It could completely be a skill thing, but the difference is if they will split up skill or if they just split up numbers. It is to be seen.

...If quite literally every blue squad is beating nearly ever red squad, squad for squad, blue is going to be a lot better than red no matter what you do.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

...If quite literally every blue squad is beating nearly ever red squad, squad for squad, blue is going to be a lot better than red no matter what you do.
    So its all about winning? i thought thats the mind set we really try to avoid...

Splitting a good squad (Sparta(n) <--- which ever it is) into a smaller group for example could be better. Random players will be placed with Sparta(n) Squad and they can learn from the original members, making each player progress with different players.

So you go from (example):

1 God Squad and 3 ok/normal squads ----into----> 4 great squads that stand even together and hold the same fighting chance.... BLUE is doing the same thing as REDD is, its not like REDD is the only people doing this...

Gussie couldnt have said it any better, people arent gonna like any kind of change, but its up to them to give it a shot... you said you guys are going to, and thats great, but give it a shot before making another statement against it again please... this is like the 4th time iv seen you make a statement against it in these past few days... none of these motions have been made yet... give it a week, by then the ball will be rolling.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    So its all about winning? i thought thats the mind set we really try to avoid...

well, then you wouldn't split squads for balance, people have more fun playing with friends, even if they lose more than they win.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

This isn't even worth discussing.

What's done is done. When people join us their previous clan should have no effect on what they do here. FC is a separate entity.

You choose your army... Then you go where you are needed.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post

well, then you wouldn't split squads for balance, people have more fun playing with friends, even if they lose more than they win.
    I have always had the opposite experience that when playing with friends, less fun was had when we got our asses kicked. More balance makes more room for those epic moments and an even amount of wins and losses.

In any rate, gents, squad split-up is happening no matter the degree or level of severity it's at. Best everyone just get used to it and worry about other things.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Thread Information