Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Re: Not intended at all to be disrespectful!

Quote Originally Posted by epic lulz 4real View Post
    I can understand that. Or just say hey the field marshall is speaking and then just have a question and answer discussion part after he is finished. Or a brainstorming session I suppose. I can definitely understand it from the helping things get done perspective (I actually didn't think about it that way) I just am a speak my mind kinda person and it was something that has been troubling me since the other night.
    Understandable. The reason we have it is not because we just want to prevent members from talking to us. We're always open to suggestions and criticism from anyone, and we have no desire to try to prevent anyone from saying something.*

*as long as it follows the Accords and such, obviously. :P
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

See I work daily at a small radio operations base behind my local air port but I visit Keesler Air Force Base all the time and I've actually gotten some of the funniest looks from saluting officers there.

well it's all a matter of opinion, each thing may be different... yes it's a war sim but it's up to the leaders to decide how far it goes...

example if you went to a war reenactment some may require that you dress the part and even in some cases talk in the period tongue, while others are just fine with people showing up with a pvc pipe and pretending it's a gun.

I think if anything it just needs to be a set thing for whatever the community does. It shouldn't be IF this ONE person is in the party you act this way and if not it's more lax. that's just my 2 cents

I think if anything it just needs to be a set thing for whatever the community does. It shouldn't be IF this ONE person is in the party you act this way and if not it's more lax. that's just my 2 cents[/QUOTE]
    I agree with that 100%. I think things should be set up but not to a ridiculous point ya know?

If anything if it's a full party this should be applied for sure, especially during meetings. I never have been a fan of emplimenting this but it is what it is. However if its just me you want to talk to I don't mind you not asking just call me sire. Jk.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    We have it for two reasons: (1) because, as you said, it's a war simulation, and (2) because in large lobbies of people, it makes it easier for leaders to get things done.

Generally, 90% of your time amongst officers or higher members will not be permission-to-speak situations.

Usually, that is something that is only required for meetings or when you join a discussion where other leaders are already discussing something. During a meeting after a battle night, for instance, the Field Marshal will gather the army into a lobby and discuss the results of the night, things to improve, and an outlook for the next week. During times like that, we shouldn't have people interrupting them, which is why it is a permission-to-speak situation.

Basically, don't think it's ALWAYS in effect. If you're just having a friendly discussion with a Captain or something, or even bringing up issues or complaints, generally you won't be expected to do anything of the sort of saluting or permission-to-speak.
    Pretty much all this.

I'm not big on enforcing this (saluting, asking for permission, etc) for everything regarding FC within the battalion Epic, I basically just want it observed for important meetings when you have HC/Forerunners in pregame lobby and within the game.

HC did an excellent job selecting officers thus far for the battalion, there shouldn't be any power tripping issues and abusing recruits.

If you ever do have questions or concerns about things like this, you can PM myself or Redleader anytime.

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by epic lulz 4real View Post
    I am able to have man-to-man talks with the Commander of my entire base (A Lt. Colonel who has one of the most impressive ribbon plaques I've ever seen) without so much as a reporting statement or saluting him when I come across him or any other officer for that matter. .
    Mythonian already put it perfectly.

Also "edit" your topics instead of double posting and this should be in suggestions sub-forum

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Thread Information