Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Let's Make this Right

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    I never was for this, and actually spoke against most of the WC's decisions. But whatever. It's always going to be what they say because it's their Baby that raised for six years. Funny ain't it? Reviving a six year old. Feeding your kid breast milk for six years seems odd to me. But whatever I don't understand I guess.
    Its aged like fine wine actually.

Ya'll gotta look at it this way:

Look how last war was. Thats an epic failure due to many reasons, more so uneven skill level. Do you realize what kinda morale a new player in this community with just a basic halo skill level is gonna have after being slaughtered every week by "god" squads? A not very good one. Hell i wouldn't even bother playing anymore.

Look i get you wanna play with ALL your friends. But tough shit. We're a military WAR SIMULATION. This is what they do in the militiry.

How about you guys be a little less selfish and think about benefitting the community a tad, rather than you're win/loss ratio.

Edit: and to anarchy. You don't think us "higher ups" never were enlisted here, do you? We've all been part of squads, ran squads, and fought countless numbers of battles. How do u think we got to these ranks in the first place? We kinda know what we're talking about. Because we've BEEN there.
    Last edited by RENGADE 0F FUNK; 03-04-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

The WC is actually finding a pretty good compromise for both sides right now that may need a little fine-tuning. As long as we see no flaws in the system, we will give you guys an update sooner than later. I'm sure nearly everyone will be somewhat pleased. Like I said before, we don't want any of you unhappy nor do we want you all to leave, that's not what we are about. This new start-up is all about finding compromises to make everyone's world a little better, and thats what we are going to try and do here. Stay tuned for a later update (I have to go to work so I won't be home till later tonight XD).

I created Hill 30

Quote Originally Posted by RENGADE 0F FUNK View Post

Look how last war was. Thats an epic failure due to many reasons, more so uneven skill level. Do you realize what kinda morale a new player in this community with just a basic halo skill level is gonna have after being slaughtered every week by "god" squads? A not very good one. Hell i wouldn't even bother playing anymore.

Look i get you wanna play with ALL your friends. But tough shit. We're a military WAR SIMULATION. This is what they do in the militiry.

How about you guys be a little less selfish and think about benefitting the community a tad, rather than you're win/loss ratio.

blue already sent sparta to red, plus vbd during this peace time, if people didn't like being in a poor squad, they could request a transfer to another, and balance that squad a bit.

also, LOL at anyone that cares about custom game win/loss, or k/d.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    The WC is actually finding a pretty good compromise for both sides right now that may need a little fine-tuning. As long as we see no flaws in the system, we will give you guys an update sooner than later. I'm sure nearly everyone will be somewhat pleased. Like I said before, we don't want any of you unhappy nor do we want you all to leave, that's not what we are about. This new start-up is all about finding compromises to make everyone's world a little better, and thats what we are going to try and do here. Stay tuned for a later update (I have to go to work so I won't be home till later tonight XD).

i'll be waiting.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by RENGADE 0F FUNK View Post

This is very wrong. We as a community try to collaborate many times coming up with ways to even out the skill. VbD is now REDD and Sparta is REDD. They have good squads now that can win the war for them as long as VbD is active enough said. The reason why the war before the last one was even close was because they had VbD. Now they have VbD AND Sparta which are both amazing squads, so I don't see a problem yet with this upcoming war.

I do the statbook and almost enter stats for EVERYONE single player that participates in the war. I should know statistically when an army should have a fighting chance

Blog Posts

I have NEVER heard a person say they didnt want Firestorm because they want to win.

Honestly, just stick the people who want to play together into another group of people who want to play together. Then, on battle nights, the Platoon CO makes sure the 4v4 or 6v6 teams are balanced skill wise.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

BLUE Soldier
    Gambler
    Shadow Broker
    Sangheili Shipmaster

why don't we just settle this with a poll, except this poll ends with 80 votes this time. the forum for the poll is locked so no flame war but that way we truely see who supports this and who doesn't.

A Reaper is not a name, it is a title, meaning ultimate badass.

This topic is not intended to start anything. I just want to hear ideas and concerns. I see little evidence of that so far in my professional opinion, for doing this for 6 years. I still am unsure what certain people are so upset about.

Maybe I just don't get it.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

I'm also a little tired of hearing complaints from redd of a skill gap between armies. You got nobody to blame but yourselves, it's never the victors faults. Whenever I get stomped in Halo I always go back, watch the film and discuss with teammates what we can do to get better.

In conclusion, firestorm isn't the answer to balancing out squads/friends. Practice is.

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    I'm also a little tired of hearing complaints from redd of a skill gap between armies. You got nobody to blame but yourselves, it's never the victors faults. Whenever I get stomped in Halo I always go back, watch the film and discuss with teammates what we can do to get better.

In conclusion, firestorm isn't the answer to balancing out squads/friends. Practice is.
    I agree! 100%

If that is the goal for OP firestorm, then I would cancel it. But my ultimate goal was just to have the army function better as a whole. I saw evidence of only certain groups tagging along, and not worrying about the army. For me, this was not about so much of "balancing out an army" But too have a stronger army bond. and Not a UNIT Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    I agree! 100%

If that is the goal for OP firestorm, then I would cancel it. But my ultimate goal was just to have the army function better as a whole. I saw evidence of only certain groups tagging along, and not worrying about the army. For me, this was not about so much of "balancing out an army" But too have a stronger army bond. and Not a UNIT Bond.

i don't think that's much of an issue, at least, not with blue. I frequently play with people from every squad, and our after battles race games are the stuff of legends.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information