Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Let's Make this Right

seriously anarchy, if i meet you in real life, remind me to give you something for your awesome writing skillz.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    I understand wanting to be on the battlefield with your closest friends I really do, but now I am leading a squad of mine own and really on the issue of playing with my friends my thoughts are "I wish we had at least one other 251st ODST vet with us." I've bugged Orange a little about joining us since he hasn't chosen a side yet and would be nice to see a bit of a return of the old. Frankly I would love to see all of 251st back together again, but I also realize that we as an entire squad could serve better separated and teaching newer members.

Raz, if you remember part of my upcoming project you know that I tackle the issue of "squad exchanges" in which we transfer roughly a firesquad's worth of people with another squad for roughly a months time to continue to spread our connections. If that is the case then friends who may not be in the same company may be able to spend half a war in the same company, but not permanently.

I really do understand that we all want to spend ever waking moment here on the site with our friends and those we joined with, but isn't part of a community to also make new friends?

I would say the only thing I can think of that could be frustrating people are those whose connections are more than 10 people, and that is because they all try to cram into one company together rather than dividing out equally. If all of 251st ODST was in the same company but I was told I couldn't join I would be a little disheartened, but if I was told that half of 251st was in one platoon, but I was with the other half I would be happy. (Not saying I want that, but it is for the example).

In the end I think it comes down to we as a community need to accept that we are a community and not a friends list, but a place where I friends list can expand. I can say I really only know 3 people in Ascension Company right now, and even then I don't know nearly enough about them to really call them great friends. However, I have been PMing my new members, and the ones that respond I am working towards talking with them and getting to know them and I know that I will make new friends here too.

Just because I am not in the same company as Wooosh, Harry, Orange, or any of the rest of 251st doesn't mean we can play together, we simply need to find other ways to interact.
    I. LOVE. YOU. (no homo)

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post

Just because I am not in the same company as Wooosh, Harry, Orange, or any of the rest of 251st doesn't mean we can play together, we simply need to find other ways to interact.
    You've played with them for like a month. I wouldn't call that a huge connection.

And most people aren't as dedicated as you. You and I can enjoy this community through other means, most just want to play with friends they meet.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    I'm also a little tired of hearing complaints from redd of a skill gap between armies. You got nobody to blame but yourselves, it's never the victors faults. Whenever I get stomped in Halo I always go back, watch the film and discuss with teammates what we can do to get better.

In conclusion, firestorm isn't the answer to balancing out squads/friends. Practice is.
    Get Ready for a wall of spam.

What i have said the entire time.

You don't just get good by playing occasionally, you get better by playing games working on your weakness's, and even working on your strengths to heighten the potential you have. Also there is a theater on halo, and that's how i got better watching the mistakes that i made and watching those better then myself played to get a view on what i was doing wrong and what they were doing right.

I can be completely honest and say that i have barely seen any squad practice besides VBD and 21st Degree. (Not Counting Affiliates) But thats why there so good! Because they have people that can challenge each other and they like to have competition, they have good chemistry together as friends so they all work on each others weakness's.

When games are close and keep you on your feet on who's going to win, thats the most fun you can have in halo, or if you beat the squad that has beaten all others and everyone expected you to lose thats when people look at you differently.

Also if you dont practice too much then show up to the game nights! Myth always hosts them. We had one yesterday and the only people that showed up were the "Small Minority of People". When events are hosted that's what helps people get together and meet people from other sides or the new people that joined the community! Thats the best way to meet new people. But if no one shows up thats a lost cause.

Also if you separate squads then thats not really doing anything besides making people not want to play in the wars. Be honest if you guys keep saying "It's only 3 hours that your not with your friends get over it." Then if its not such a big deal why can we not play with our friends for 3 hours then? Its not like were saying "We will not take recruits into our squads!" we never said that, majority of our squad would be new recruits. But the fact that you can no longer be in a squad and have fun with those people is a bit ridiculous.

We accepted every other thing you guys have thrown at us but you cant make simple change? We lost our ranks, we lost our right to speak our mind because we where speaking for the community but you guys removed us from the council because you couldn't change our minds. We got over that every person that worked hard to get to there high officer position or finally received a squad leader job was switched back to private. We didn't do anything wrong but, we got over it.

But the one thing we ask and most of the community agree's with it but you guys wont change one little thing. This time i am standing up for what i do think because if i let you guys have this one, we will have no rights to change anything at all. So therefore this will no longer be a community because correct me if im wrong is a community not a group sharing common interests?

Creator of Vanquish
    #BlameFuzzy

[12:58:35 AM] Silky Tits: Fuzz
    [12:58:46 AM] Silky Tits: Have you ever eaten shit?
    [12:59:02 AM] Greg: Well I have listened to your words for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Relapsive View Post
    Get Ready for a wall of spam.

What i have said the entire time.

You don't just get good by playing occasionally, you get better by playing games working on your weakness's, and even working on your strengths to heighten the potential you have. Also there is a theater on halo, and that's how i got better watching the mistakes that i made and watching those better then myself played to get a view on what i was doing wrong and what they were doing right.

I can be completely honest and say that i have barely seen any squad practice besides VBD and 21st Degree. (Not Counting Affiliates) But thats why there so good! Because they have people that can challenge each other and they like to have competition, they have good chemistry together as friends so they all work on each others weakness's.

When games are close and keep you on your feet on who's going to win, thats the most fun you can have in halo, or if you beat the squad that has beaten all others and everyone expected you to lose thats when people look at you differently.

Also if you dont practice too much then show up to the game nights! Myth always hosts them. We had one yesterday and the only people that showed up were the "Small Minority of People". When events are hosted that's what helps people get together and meet people from other sides or the new people that joined the community! Thats the best way to meet new people. But if no one shows up thats a lost cause.

Also if you separate squads then thats not really doing anything besides making people not want to play in the wars. Be honest if you guys keep saying "It's only 3 hours that your not with your friends get over it." Then if its not such a big deal why can we not play with our friends for 3 hours then? Its not like were saying "We will not take recruits into our squads!" we never said that, majority of our squad would be new recruits. But the fact that you can no longer be in a squad and have fun with those people is a bit ridiculous.

We accepted every other thing you guys have thrown at us but you cant make simple change? We lost our ranks, we lost our right to speak our mind because we where speaking for the community but you guys removed us from the council because you couldn't change our minds. We got over that every person that worked hard to get to there high officer position or finally received a squad leader job was switched back to private. We didn't do anything wrong but, we got over it.

But the one thing we ask and most of the community agree's with it but you guys wont change one little thing. This time i am standing up for what i do think because if i let you guys have this one, we will have no rights to change anything at all. So therefore this will no longer be a community because correct me if im wrong is a community not a group sharing common interests?
    Your voicing your concern now. I hear You.

Blog Posts

Well Relapsive, I agree with the skill switching when you lose to a Squad 1000 - 200 every game. No amount of practice in relative time could help you, it would take years. If you lost to them 800 - 600 every time, then yeah I'd say, they're good, but beatable. I can honestly say I saw Sparta, Dreadrogues, and Firesnakes in matchmaking or skirmishing in Customs every day. Every day. So, you can't really use practice as a point, to some extent yeah it does help you get that edge /over a Squad of similar skill./ Not one of VBD skill.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Raz, we all love you, and respect you. But I'm going to say this again so it gets through.

WHEN IT COMES TO SQUADS.

You
    REALLY
    have
    NO
    FUCKING
    UNERATHLY
    IDEA
    or
    CLUE
    how we feel.

I could tell you numerous stories of the wonderful times I've had to do something I didn't like to please members below me in clans I've held leadership positions in. Does that mean the little enlisted members were in charge? No. Does that mean they we're whining? No more than the rest of us when we want something changed. Does that make me less of a person? No, of course not.

We can deal with the rest of OP firestorm. Splitting up squads, and making it as permanent of a thing as you have done with the recent accords revision pisses people off, and lowers morale a shit ton. I've lost a lot of drive to help this community from it all.

You don't have to understand, you just have to listen.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Raz, we all love you, and respect you. But I'm going to say this again so it gets through.

WHEN IT COMES TO SQUADS.

You
    REALLY
    have
    NO
    FUCKING
    UNERATHLY
    IDEA
    or
    CLUE
    how we feel.
    Anarchy, gonna ask you to calm down please. Voice it respectfully, please. He gets the message.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Anarchy, gonna ask you to calm down please. Voice it respectfully, please. He gets the message.
    Let's be honest, voicing my opinion on this has made me go from most likely the rank of captain, down to private. I may as well get my money's worth.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Let's be honest, voicing my opinion on this has made me go from most likely the rank of captain, down to private. I may as well get my money's worth.
    You can get your money's worth without getting an infraction. Just lay off the cursing, it tones your arguments down.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:

Thread Information