Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Making Halo 4: First Look

Quote Originally Posted by GTsweet View Post
    Hoping for a beta week like Reach had. That was a crazy time.
    Ditto

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Look forward to it. I at least hope it's better than Reach.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Battle Rifle is back.... my baby is finally back.... T.T

Now if they can make the Sniper be how I want it then I will be fully at home.....

I also wonder if they will be having dual wielding again... (kind of hope they do, but also hope they dont...)
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    Nope. You have that certain tone of voice, I know you're serious. You can't hide it.
    You can tell tone via text? Dang, bless me with this sacred gift 'O Holy One.

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

btw, it looks like you get points in Slayer now for different things, if you look at the gameplay near the end, the Blue gets a kill on a Red, and he gets two medals, with two values: Headshot and Assist, each of these add up to 10 points value and that is what is added to the team score. Also, it looks like there are three 0's up in the top right corner, which means that we should expect 3 different types of grenades. If I where to place my bets on what kinds of grenades, my money is on frag, plasma, and flash (as flash is pretty well established in the Halo books).

Also, I am not seeing a meter of any kind for armor abilities, so it is possible that Spartans can just sprint now, that or they aren't showing other abilities yet (guess on the second option).
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    btw, it looks like you get points in Slayer now for different things, if you look at the gameplay near the end, the Blue gets a kill on a Red, and he gets two medals, with two values: Headshot and Assist, each of these add up to 10 points value and that is what is added to the team score. Also, it looks like there are three 0's up in the top right corner, which means that we should expect 3 different types of grenades. If I where to place my bets on what kinds of grenades, my money is on frag, plasma, and flash (as flash is pretty well established in the Halo books).
    I hope no flash. WAAAAAAAYYY to CoD to put into Halo. I'd be ok with a Forerunner type grenade. Maybe like a yellow flashy laser type thingy. Yea that one ;P

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

What I think the flash grenades would do would be purely EMP related, as in they couldn't do any actual damage, except to shields. If you remember in the Ghosts of Onyx, the Spartan III's said that flash grenades messed with their cloaking. I don't think they would do flash grenades like they do in CoD, but I would say it is possible that they may be like the flare equipment from Halo 3.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    What I think the flash grenades would do would be purely EMP related, as in they couldn't do any actual damage, except to shields. If you remember in the Ghosts of Onyx, the Spartan III's said that flash grenades messed with their cloaking. I don't think they would do flash grenades like they do in CoD, but I would say it is possible that they may be like the flare equipment from Halo 3.
    Possible I guess. Never did like the flare. And an EMP? I think that would be a bit to overpowered if you could drop shields with one grenade. To compensate you'd have to make the blast radius smaller, thus it'd be no different than a regular grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    Possible I guess. Never did like the flare. And an EMP? I think that would be a bit to overpowered if you could drop shields with one grenade. To compensate you'd have to make the blast radius smaller, thus it'd be no different than a regular grenade.
    you already can drop shields with one grenade

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    you already can drop shields with one grenade
    Yea I meant blast radius XD

My point was that to be balanced in radius it would be redundant (Same effects as regular grenade minus lethality)

Thread Information