Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

Re: Is halo 4 going to be TOO much like COD?

when you damn well know any Halo fan would have paid over $60 bucks for that game....

False. I would have simply paid 1200 MS points for the download instead.

I want Halo 4 to be so good, and to have so much time and effort put into it (clearly, not just what they say.) that COD players shake with fear that their franchise's Golden Age has come to an end. I'm mostly a COD player (Though BF3 is just plain better. Just sayin') and Halo is the franchise that made me love shooters.

I'm actually glad they're changing the movement in Halo. The movement was pretty much the main reason why I've kind of fallen out of the franchise. I can't imagine that a 1-ton soldier moves like a banshee (the fictional creature, not vehicle.)

I want more tactics, less BS, and more innovation to combat. I like that they're trying to give their multiplayer a story, for example. If it's a good story, then I'll enjoy it. If it's a bad story, I'll just treat it like past Halo's. I don't want this to be another Halo. I want it to be a new Halo. I will not hold it to the other Halo's, and neither should anyone here. It has the chance to make me catch my breath at launch again, which hasn't happened since Halo 3. I want 343 to woo me, not expect me to pay them for a franchise title, not polished work.

This year, only three games were really worth my $60.

1.) Gears of War 3

Say what you will about the franchise as a whole, Epic Games gave me the most polished title this year, with dedicated servers to fix the lag and host issues that Gears in the past have had issues with, and balanced weapons that suit different playing styles without being overpowered. The only weakness, if there is one, is in the maps that were available on launch and the DLC that was already on the disc but still required money to unlock. For a game that clearly displays developer effort and love and care, I was okay with spending the extra money.

2.) Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

While the game had many glitches on launch, Bethesda has seriously put thought into that game. Not ONLY did they deliver a story that is original for the franchise, they re-evaluated their old systems and made the character progression completely in the power of the player. You no longer have to choose the opposite affinity for your character so that you don't progress too fast. They made an entire language for the game, both written an spoken. You cannot deny the effort that went into the design of the game, even if it had a good deal of code glitches upon launch. (Most were repaired in the first week.)

3.) Star Wars: The Old Republic

This game did for MMO's what I hope Halo 4 does for FPS. They took the traditional elements behind MMO's like Warcraft, and polished the mess out of them, brought a new feature to MMO's: Full Voiced Dialogue. The entire game is scripted and voiced, and, like bioware tradition, every decision will affect the outcome of the game. The game's story is absolutely MASSIVE. Your character can reach the final level and not even finish chapter 3 (there are six chapters per character.) With active support and additions to the game happening almost every two or three weeks since launch, it is very evident that Bioware and EA are very dedicated to this title, something that I have yet to see from Blizzard in recent years. The release of The Old Republic definitely gave the WoW developers a reason to go to work in the morning again.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Blog Posts

Going to agree with Myth. More Customization doesn't = COD. Just because you can select a load out doesn't mean you are a COD want to be. If that is true then Battlefield, Mass Effect, and several other great games are all COD want to be. In fact COD steals from Halo. They stole the Theater mode, the file share system (Blackops) and they stole creating game types from Halo (MW3). The whole movement thing, just because you make more sound when you walk doesn't make you COD. If it does then Republic Commando is another COD. Games in the past have spent time giving realistic footsteps in both the movement and sound

EX:

Fucken saying Halo is COD because Chief makes louder footsteps. Thats one of the biggest load of bullshit I have heard all week and I watched the Guild Summit for SWTOR Yesterday and that was a 8 hour bullshit fest.

Edit: Making sure people know at the side of the screen how Bob killed billy makes you COD then once again every other major shooter out there is just a COD rip off. Thanks for posting this so I now know that these people are not a good source of info because they are godless fucken morons that can't figure out their asshole from a hole in the ground and I wont be bothered to ever check their website for information.
    Last edited by Silko; 03-06-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: reread what I posted and got more angry so I posted more but didn't want to double post

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Blog Posts

One reason I have a lack of faith in 343 is their not having a backbone as far as Reach goes. Again to make the Bungie comparison, When 343 brought us the title update they beta tested it. Good choice. They took a lot of community feedback. Good choice. But, they didn't follow through with it. They didn't say, "Ok this and this is gonna be changed because of balancing issues and this is the new bloom settings.". No they pussy-footed around with it so now we have to go back and forth between updates and non, just because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. This creates a huge rift in the community now. If they would've just implemented the update and said DEAL WITH IT, those very few who couldn't or wouldn't adapt would be left behind, and the community would be better off as a whole.

Dark Souls is better than Skyrim imo. You can get DaS at almost half the price too.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRussianBear View Post
    >watches a video with about 8 seconds worth of gameplay
    > OMG IZ COD
    I know a little more then you guys do and it will have more features like CoD has.

But i have to agree with Silko on this with the fact CoD has taken a massive amount of stuff from Halo.

But when Halo (or any other game) takes one thing from CoD, instantly they are copy cats.

Beta will be announced at E3 this year

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    I know a little more then you guys do and it will have more features like CoD has.

But i have to agree with Silko on this with the fact CoD has taken a massive amount of stuff from Halo.

But when Halo (or any other game) takes one thing from CoD, instantly they are copy cats.

GAH! NDA. NDA. They said nothing about a Beta.
    Most said was Frankie saying a Beta would interrupt them.
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ash the Mute View Post
    GAH! NDA. NDA. They said nothing about a Beta.
    Most said was Frankie saying a Beta would interrupt them.
    dude, my aunt has direct connections to the XBL area within Microsoft (because she works in the XBL division) and she said a beta is almost set to be announced at E3

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

So you work at Bungie? or 343? How do you know more then everyone else if your seeing the same shit? Also if everygame is taking stuff from CoD cause there FPS's then CoD took that from 007 Golden Eye.

dude, my aunt has direct connections to the XBL area within Microsoft (because she works in the XBL division) and she said a beta is almost set to be announced at E3
    I am not saying you are a liar. I am saying you may have broken a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
    No. Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by WSxHeavyArms View Post
    So you work at Bungie? or 343? How do you know more then everyone else if your seeing the same shit? Also if everygame is taking stuff from CoD cause there FPS's then CoD took that from 007 Golden Eye.
    EVERYONE IS RIPPING OFF OF PONG! SUE EVERYONE!
    No. Fuck you.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WSxHeavyArms View Post
    read the post above yours

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Thread Information