Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Valve's "console"

So.. i'm not sure if you've been living under a rock but there's been a rumor circling around the net and well it's HUGE.

The rumor is valve is working on a home console of it's own! This is huge, due to speculation it would essentially bring steam into your living room. Specifically onto your tv.

now keep in mind this is just a mock up and may not even be close to what it actually is... But a valve employee tweeted that pic last novemember with these specs

"Built this tiny PC. i7 quad core, 8GB ram, Zotac Z-68 mobo w/ onnboard Nvidia mobile gfx. Runs Portal 2 FAST," the tweet read, with a link to the following photo:

9ad09a7237a86b73213d15f57cbd67a2df0ae2a4.jpg

Alot of you may be thinking... o well that's cool but i already have a xbox and a pc what do i need this heap for!?

Well imagine a console where you have access to 1,000s of games many which you may not be able to play on current generation consoles anymore, I'm looking at you knights of the old republic and battlefront 2.

And in addition to these awesome titles you also have access to amazing sales even sometimes brand new releases for HALF OFF! and lets not forget the occasional "humble bundle" which you can donate ANY amount you'd like and get multiple indie games!

There is alot of reason to believe if this was done right it will be HUGE!

I don't know about you but i personally will be following this VERY closely

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Re: Valve's "console"

I...would love if this actually happened. My video game life would pretty much be complete. I just wanna play Battlefront and Republic Commando with people again =(

I created Hill 30

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    I...would love if this actually happened. My video game life would pretty much be complete. I just wanna play Battlefront and Republic Commando with people again =(
    agreed... luckly i still have Battlefront and Battlefront 2.

Im actually interested in this, i dont really enjoy Steam on the fact i see and hear about errors all the time... but we shall see...

Id be willing to buy this IF its a resonable price AND has a great selection in games

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

Meh.

Need Episode 3 first.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

Yet another market will be removed a new one instated with the interwebs :p

The only problem with this is the problem with ebooks. Anything you buy online through a service like this isn't actually YOURS. They can delete your entire game library just cause.

Some guy had his Amazon account hacked and didn't know, the guy who hacked it was somehow stealing ebooks without paying. Amazon wiped the guys account clean, without even warning him. He lost hundreds of dollars, and he can't be refunded or set up a new account to get all of the books back he paid for. So he has to repay for everything.

Which is why I buy physical books, and why I will buy physical games.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    Id be willing to buy this IF its a resonable price AND has a great selection in games
    now this is the million dollar question... if it had the whole steam collection available i think that would be amazing!

if they started up battlefront servers, i will give them all of my money.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    Yet another market will be removed a new one instated with the interwebs :p

The only problem with this is the problem with ebooks. Anything you buy online through a service like this isn't actually YOURS. They can delete your entire game library just cause.

Some guy had his Amazon account hacked and didn't know, the guy who hacked it was somehow stealing ebooks without paying. Amazon wiped the guys account clean, without even warning him. He lost hundreds of dollars, and he can't be refunded or set up a new account to get all of the books back he paid for. So he has to repay for everything.

Which is why I buy physical books, and why I will buy physical games.
    There's nothing wrong with buying physical books and games. All you gotta do is avoid tampering with things though. That guy was "stealing" so, taking away his privileges and rights of the site is completely just. Him saying his account was allegedly hacked was probably a lie. Whenever you log in the sites log your IP addresses. Amazon, and any other large company for that matter, has access to this on their sites, if it wasn't retracted then he was probably spewing.

I hope Valve is gonna sell their console with all of their games and expansions for them included. That would be awesome. Then Half-Life 3
    Last edited by Rokkman X; 03-07-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: PUNCTUATION

I think this is dumb. Just buy a tv and use it as a monitor for your computer. A i7 processor is expensive as shit so this "console" would probably be between $800-$1000, unless Intel drops their prices on their processors.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Point is though, Microsoft and Sony will realise the compitition and they will then push for new counsel... and thats what most of really want

If this releases, give it about 6-8 months and Microsoft and Sony will announce their next generation counsels

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information