Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

My concerns/views.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Ghosthammer tells my group we're dirt, he gets a smack on the wrist. Jai says it back, he gets banned.

Making sure that one's clear here...
    Bump. Seeing that no one seemed to notice this -___-

As for the "whining" it strikes me as funny how the higher ups always have some childish term for when someone says something that goes against what they've been doing. It isn't whining, it's wondering why the hell people weren't interviewed that have been voicing their concerns about OP: Firestorm. (Sure a few have, but the rest haven't said a word about it.)

As for not being able to play with your friends for 2 hours... Those two hours are suppose to be the biggest time to play with your friends for the entire week!

I can understand you want people to expand their friends list, (Thank God you realized that "this place is a community not a friends list" is just bullshit.) but forcing people into expanding their friends list isn't going to expand their friends list. It's just gonna piss people off, because it's one thing to tell someone to do something. It's different to tell them how to go about how they do things on XBL. People sign up to play with friends in a squad on battle nights, or people sign up to look for new friends to play with on battle night. Not be torn from the group of friends they built up in this community.

I proposed the whole squad split up months ago, and the entire community was against it. The only reason why it happened now is because back then I was a private in BLUE army who couldn't wave my hand and have it done without question.

Jai was right on how Cody leads, he is a dictator. However he isn't hitler. A. Cody is jewish... B. Cody has never killed anyone. (I think o.O) C. Cody came from a generation where that was how things were done.

All of these people saying deal with it. I either know or would think they came from that generation. However we are dealing with a new generation of FC. (No this isn't "vets vs. new guys" this is the honest to god truth. This generation has been brought up where they do have a say, and that is good. Leaders listening to the community makes the community happy. Which is what we strive for. We shouldn't strive for telling half the community or more if they don't like it get lost... It's all good to do it to a minority of people, because they can be replaced over a short period of time. Telling half the community to leave will not be fixed in a short amount or time. Recruiting isn't as easy as it once was.

The one things the older generation stressed on before they reclaimed the leadership of this community is how broken it was, well it's a whole hell of a lot more broken now then it was before. You won't be able to make the people who are going against you bow down to your feet and obey. Simply because that isn't how they were taught this community goes. They want answers, not cause we said so.

This place has gone from a dictatorial leadership style to democratic style slowly, and it just jumped back to dictatorial style very fast.

Now onto "knowing your place".

When Kuhblam held his meeting to angrily express his views and he did it in the upmost disrespectful way. We listened and didn't pull that card, infact I think that if the people who wanted to leave that meeting did. The outcome would have been the same, we all would be sitting in this mess we call a community.

Infact I do remember Kuhblam making decisions as a Respected Member. The people who aided him making those decisions will deny it, saying, no they made the decisions when Kuhblam all but pulled the trigger on deciding them.

So here is what I'll say to the people who want to rebel and go against. It won't work, they don't care, and they won't listen.

RaZ has a heart to this community, but he doesn't make decisions without speaking with Ghost, Kuhblam, Spartan, and I think Eriri is still a Forerunner. Right?

Well Ghost, Kuhblam, Spartan, and Eriri all supported OP: Firestorm. Infact Ghost and Kuhblam were the framers for RaZ's return. Ghost's report on me and Kuhblam's HC meeting.

Those are all like minded people in the group deciding how this place is run, and my experience from like minded people being in the same group. They tend to make decisions without seeing the other side or being blind to others views.

Oh and just a heads up. The last time this many topics have been closed due to disrespectful opinions and views was when I feed the vets. vs. new guys conflict. Which honestly in our current state I could foresee coming back. However not by me, I don't care enough to start that much chaos.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

ReiBear

Re: My concerns/views.

I don't know you eagle but I love you so much right now lol

SPECULATION

You cannot even comment how how its broken now since we haven't even seen the outcome.

As for not being able to play with your friends for 2 hours... Those two hours are suppose to be the biggest time to play with your friends for the entire week!
    Really? lmao.

Please use your brain. Do any of your "arguments" against OP Firestorm hold any validity? We know for a fact that the last war was lopsided. Something needed to change. It changed. Now we are waiting to see if that was a positive or negative change.

We shouldn't strive for telling half the community or more if they don't like it get lost... It's all good to do it to a minority of people, because they can be replaced over a short period of time. Telling half the community to leave will not be fixed in a short amount or time. Recruiting isn't as easy as it once was
    Says who? Reread what you wrote. Because it honestly makes no sense. Nor do you have any evidence to back it.
    Last edited by d3ad1te; 03-11-2012 at 07:06 PM.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Quote Originally Posted by d3ad1te View Post
    SPECULATION

You cannot even comment how how its broken now since we haven't even seen the outcome.
    Dude... I'm REALLY not trying to be a prick here, but if you look at the two armies, it's so obvious BLUE has tons more skill...

I would legitimately bet my rank, vCash, Xbox 360, Halo: Reach disk, and position in this community that BLUE with its current members will utterly destroy REDD with its current members.

@EAGLE
    Well said on everything. I'm going along with things, even if I show my distaste.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Everyone who says its just two hours is ... I don't even know a word.

Your Unit should be your FAMILY, your HOME, and a large part of your XBOX LIVE EXPERIENCE. The COMMUNITY is for making friends and branching out, the War Sim should be for War and fighting along side a set group of people. Its more than two hours, if you're doing it CORRECTLY. It should be all week, between practices, skirmishes, and hanging out and knowing each other.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

ReiBear

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post

Your Unit should be your FAMILY, your HOME, and a large part of your XBOX LIVE EXPERIENCE. The COMMUNITY is for making friends and branching out, the War Sim should be for War and fighting along side a set group of people. Its more than two hours, if you're doing it CORRECTLY. It should be all week, between practices, skirmishes, and hanging out and knowing each other.
    EDITED:Because I am a moron lol
    I agree! Not everyone in the unit are going to get along which will indeed show that in combat. You can not have team work without a well coordinated team and you can not have a well coordinated team with people who do not get along. Obviously if people play with people they are comfortable with will result in a much more pleasant experience and maintain order within the community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by ReiBear View Post
    But what you need to understand is that not everyone in the unit are going to get along which will indeed show that in combat. You can not have team work without a well coordinated team and you can not have a well coordinated team with people who do not get along. Obviously if people play with people they are comfortable with will result in a much more pleasant experience and maintain order within the community as a whole.
    Rei.... He's agreeing with us....

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post

This, my friends, is true. Well said, good sir.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

ReiBear

Rei.... He's agreeing with us....
    Shhhh....I knew that(totally lying) My bad...maybe I should just read everything before replying lol

Dude... I'm REALLY not trying to be a prick here, but if you look at the two armies, it's so obvious BLUE has tons more skill...

I would legitimately bet my rank, vCash, Xbox 360, Halo: Reach disk, and position in this community that BLUE with its current members will utterly destroy REDD with its current members.

@EAGLE
    Well said on everything. I'm going along with things, even if I show my distaste.
    Ok bet then?

Again that's called SPECULATION. If what your saying is true that NOTHING truly changed and OP firestorm was a complete disaster. We won't know until the war starts.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Thread Information