Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squads

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Squads

Im suggesting we bring these back.. however im still supporting in new people in different areas like how we have it now. Heres my Reasons as to why i think Squads should come back:

Squads should come back because it makes things a little easier for Officers. Its really hard for Recruits that earn a promotion going from worrying mainly about themselfs to suddenly worrying about 25+ people. I havent been a Officer really since the Beta War. I got appointed as an Officer and handed 26 members (now 27). I understand that having a CO and XO are to help lower the stress however its still a big jump. Going from nothing to a massive amount is hard for most people and without the proper preparings (lesser amounts of members) is a hard step. And if givin to the wrong people (not saying me), it will bring stress and may cause Officers to say "Fuck it, im done".

Im suggesting as well (so we can help spread for our members to play with other people) that we scramble the squads after a certin amount of time. For example, if we decided upon mixing the squads up every 2 weeks, each person will play with every member durring the war at some point. It will also allow everyone to spread their skills upon everyone. Not just 1 powerful group like how we were upset about.

Anyone agree?

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Re: Squads

Fine with bringing back squads, completely disagree with everything else. The stress with becoming an officer? Please...

Trying working 2 jobs while going to school fulltime, yet somehow trying each month to scrape up enough money to pay rent/utilities/car payments/insurance.

That is way more stressful.

et ducit mundum per luce

Army structure is up to your FM/Battalion CO now, if you'd re-watch the video/voice recording raz made.

Edit: I was a bit off. He just said both FMs were working on a smaller unit system. Still, same idea.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 03-17-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Maybe reduce from the 25+ to maybe 12-15?

Quote Originally Posted by AftershocK View Post
    Maybe reduce from the 25+ to maybe 12-15?
    Conveniently to the exact size squads were? LOL

Edit: I do like how blue is handling the desire for smaller units though. It's the only compromise yet that hasn't been one sided, rofl.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 03-17-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

If you have a unit with 25+ members, it is probably in preparation for the creation of a new unit. If I remember correctly, the unit size was 16-24, or at least that was what was mostly talked about. For reasons of organization and logistics, I don't believe the army leadership would make units much larger.

Also, if I remember correctly, Ghosthammer had a plan for splitting units in half to form two groups for organization reasons, and those smaller groups would be led by lower officers. If this plan works out, than that would solve most of the issues raised in the OP, since the first leadership position someone receives would be to lead one of these half-units/squads/fireteams, and then eventually move up.

For the concept of mixing all units frequently: that will likely not happen. Some specific units may get together and trade members every so often, but full arbitrary mixing of units would be logistically difficult and an organizational nightmare.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    Fine with bringing back squads, completely disagree with everything else. The stress with becoming an officer? Please...

Trying working 2 jobs while going to school fulltime, yet somehow trying each month to scrape up enough money to pay rent/utilities/car payments/insurance.

I loled at that part too.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

We haven't even given this new Platoon system a chance. I say let's try it before changing anything around. If you're worried about getting trying to keep too many people organized, well thats what your XO is for, and lower officer ranks/higher enlisted. They're the guys that are supposed to be helping you out. Don't shoulder the burden alone, work with them.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post

I understand.. im talking about stress on something that really shouldnt need stress... this is about fun, its now turned into a job for Officers and the higher ranks.

@Myth, im sure he is, however giving me 3 weeks to contact people iv never played with before is pretty hard. I finally just got 3 people to show up to our first practice. And they only showed up for Officer Training. But thats not the point, im just saying that going from not leading anyone for 2 and a half wars to suddenly having 25+ people dropped on me is pretty insane... let alone i have a job and school to worry about as well. I faild this last quarter fyi.

@Silko, QFT, you dont know much except http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0... could careless about your opinion

@Anarchy, i know they are, however the war starts on the 1st, and my platoon is nowhere near ready and im sure im not the only one.

@AfterShock, just like Anarchy said, thats kinda like how squads were. However beta war and 2nd war, squads were limited to 12 members (i believe)

@UNLUCKY, i know what the jobs of an XO are, however he is struggling at this as well... he sent all these guys Friend Requests about a month ago, and i think he said still about Half have yet to accept it.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    I understand.. im talking about stress on something that really shouldnt need stress... this is about fun, its now turned into a job for Officers and the higher ranks.

@Myth, im sure he is, however giving me 3 weeks to contact people iv never played with before is pretty hard. I finally just got 3 people to show up to our first practice. And they only showed up for Officer Training. But thats not the point, im just saying that going from not leading anyone for 2 and a half wars to suddenly having 25+ people dropped on me is pretty insane... let alone i have a job and school to worry about as well. I faild this last quarter fyi.

@Silko, QFT, you dont know much except http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0... could careless about your opinion

@Anarchy, i know they are, however the war starts on the 1st, and my platoon is nowhere near ready and im sure im not the only one.

@AfterShock, just like Anarchy said, thats kinda like how squads were. However beta war and 2nd war, squads were limited to 12 members (i believe)

@UNLUCKY, i know what the jobs of an XO are, however he is struggling at this as well... he sent all these guys Friend Requests about a month ago, and i think he said still about Half have yet to accept it.
    If you're unable to perform the duties required of a platoon CO, maybe you should hand the job off to someone who has the time to do it. Not everything officers do is fun. That's why we're officers, we do the dirty work to keep things running that regular members don't want to do.

There are a multitude of reasons as to why people won't be as dedicated as they once were. Unit size is not a huge part of that.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Thread Information