Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FC Update 2.0

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

Re: FC Update 2.0

but look at jet pack, in maps like sword base or power house you can get to almost any weapon, or any location, faster with that than with sprint or evade, on maps where the practical uses of the jet pack (which there only a small number of right now) like hemmorage it is often used to get somewhere you not really supposed to or be in cheap locations. neither evade or sprint can compare with that. evade gets you places faster and helps you throw off an opponents aiming, while sprint get you places faster than evade its not as useful in a fight. Jet pack on the other hand can do all those things and at times is even faster than both evade and sprint.

I also feel that things like hologram & invis would be fair to add as well as though they are both deception it takes away the advantage of getting places or weapons faster.

no offence or disrespect to any high command or forerunner I feel you guys sometimes miss something when thinking things through. just like your missing some one with a different perspective from the rest of the group.
    Again, you will see what you'll be allowed to vote on. The debate is not out yet. First of all, who knows if the current default sword base will be available in the wars? What if we connected the bridges both horizontally and vertically? What if Jet packs were a pick up on the map, not a default loadout? While you guys really do make valid arguments, the truth in the matter is that you don't know what loadouts you'll be able to choose from yet.

The only things that have been decided by the leadership (Yes, leaders, not just forerunners. High Command is involved fully now.), are that each gametype will use the same loadouts, each loadout will have the same starting weapons: AR/Pistol, and any default Bungie map can be replaced by a better version of that same map made by the community.

That being said, you all need to understand the amount of creativity you guys have. You all get to decide which loadouts are used, and which loadouts will be included on each and every FC map. If you want AL, then go ahead and vote for it. If you want Jetpacks or whatever, go ahead and vote on it.

As for my vote, I'll vote on Theory 2 for now, perhaps excluding Jetpacks. I honestly think the other armor abilities will be more fun to have on the map than to have an entire enemy team potentially use the cheapest one. Whether or not you guys agree with me is up to you, but that's just how I feel on the subject.

The Forge Department will fix any and all maps that are to be used in the wars. They will have four or so weeks of intensive testing to break and repair any maps, including the default ones. You will all find that there will be few maps that have places for jetpacks to camp on.

In the past, FC and even its predecessor, RVBR, created their own style of Halo. They did not have the same starting weapons as matchmaking, or even the same rules. They made their own stuff, and that's why we've given you guys your own options for doing that.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

LocoCrazy

Kill the Dust Tossers save the world.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Kill all the Zak Melcows in the world.

et ducit mundum per luce

Quote Originally Posted by Ash the Mute View Post
    I need someway to escape sprinting beatdown rushers. That is were Jetpack comes into play on a lot of maps.
    or you can just shoot them normally and still win..... those double beat downs are no problem if you play smart.... besides most of the time if it going to work your not going to have time to lift off that much to get away from the beat down

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

I don't like Jet packs...that is all

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

I am personally going to side with all armor abilities being used with some as pick-ups. Just because people whine doesn't mean it makes sense to remove something. I also find it very hard to believe an entire team will power-whore one ability together; diversity wins the game and most players are smarter than that.

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhblam View Post
    I am personally going to side with all armor abilities being used with some as pick-ups. Just because people whine doesn't mean it makes sense to remove something. I also find it very hard to believe an entire team will power-whore one ability together; diversity wins the game and most players are smarter than that.
    I agree with what he said. Let all the armor abilities be there. If a team is having a slight advantage with one then all they have to do is fight fire with fire, though I doubt it will be that big of a deal.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

there should not be armor lock ability in halo reach period. i vote no amor lock what-so-ever

Why does everyone complain about that armor ability? I don't see a problem with it.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Quote Originally Posted by zZ Dr K Zz View Post
    Why does everyone complain about that armor ability? I don't see a problem with it.
    because they don't want to change their play style to counter it so they just want it gone instead

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Thread Information