Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

360 Controller for Steam?

So I just bought Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Steam and I thought you could use your 360 controller to play games on Steam? I use the play and charge thingy to connect my controller to my laptop. I also downloaded that Windows 7 controller software, but I still can't seem to find how to get it to work. when i plug it into my computer it just flashes but nothing else. Does anyone have any advice on this? I won't play games with a keyboard and mouse, it's not relaxing XD. SOMEONE HELP PLEAE

I created Hill 30

Re: 360 Controller for Steam?

I don't know if the play and charge kit works, but make sure it is compatible with the game first because I use my wired controller for Batman Arkham Asylum and it works fine

The play and charge kit may be the problem. Wireless controllers may have other issues that keep them from working on a PC other than the obvious connecting issues the play and charge kit fixed.

Other than that I have no idea... All I know is that there is a way it can be done. With a play and charge thingy, though, idk.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

The play and charge kits only actually have the charge wires in the cord. They still communicate with the Xbox through wireless

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

So I pretty much have to buy a wired controller then? Man......

I created Hill 30

Or if Sataxus is right then you could buy the wireless adapter for your computer

i don't think u have to buy new controller they must have worked something out

Thread Information