Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Blog Posts

Re: Halo 4

Not really Ninja. All they've done is simply change the game. Now one dominating startgy that worked in one Halo game has to be second guess. I like it, keeps us on our toes.

I'm right back at it again...

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Also, one more thing about the instant-spawn system:

I think it's pretty guaranteed to only be for a very specific gametype or playlist. Having it in objective games like CTF would completely break the gametype (it would be impossible to get the flag if they respawned instantly...) There is a reason why the respawn time in CTF is 10 seconds, because if it was shorter it'd be extremely difficult to get the flag.

For gametypes like Slayer (where the respawn time is usually 3 seconds), instant-spawns aren't that bad.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Word^

Also no elites means new invasion enemy

I'm back

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRussianBear View Post
    Word^

Also no elites means new invasion enemy
    If there will even be Invasion.

Btw look at the pictures on the bottom of the article . . . one of them has what I think is a glimpse of an assassination (btw assassinations have been confirmed).

(By Ireland Wolf)

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

1: Love the idea of being able to see through walls... im gonna fuck you guys up with that lol
    2: No Elites in Multiplayer? I never really used them, however i know people who use them and they are fun to play with and against.
    3: Instant Spawns... I actually like it. Think about it, in CoD, Instant spawns dont really affect the game. Its how you play that affects the game. Not the spawning. As long as the spawning is way better then Reach, then im sure it will be fine.
    4: SpartanOps. I like it, im down for it.
    5: No Firefight? meh, never played it much. I still like Reach (liked it better before 343i came in and screwed it up... not going into that) and ill pop the disk in everyonce in a while and play it.
    6: Spartan Points... love it.
    7: Buying Armor Abilites? Im down for this, as long as you can buy each one at the same ranks and they cost the same... otherwise there will be massive balancing issues.

Overal, im iffy about Halo 4... im buying it anyways. However all of this is determining how much of the multiplayer ill play. I might just being buying the game for the campaign. Dont really matter. Im gonna tell you 1 thing though. For Halo 4, FC will have to do MASSIVE changes.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

Yeah but Maps are also smaller than CoD levels. Not sure how I feel about the insta-spawns. It just sounds like they're removing what makes Halo ... Halo. =/ Hard to tell without checking it out first though.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    I could care less about Elites . . . I'm not sure how I feel about how their implementing armor abilities but as long as they fix them I will be fine . . . oh and armor lock isn't in the game.

I'm kind of disappointed that the story they gave us for why red and blue spartans are fighting is related to canon. I was hoping that they'd just make up some fantasy reason that doesn't relate to the real halo story (sort of like FC).

I never really played fire fight. In fact I think I might like SpartanOps better anyway.

Spartan Points sound gay to me . . . I hope they don't relate to how we rank up. Halo 2/3 ranks ftw.

Not sure I'm going to like drop in players . . . not going to bash it yet.

Ultimately I have faith in 343i that they'll also include a classic playlist for us players who liked it the old way. I was hoping for a few comments about the forge though.
    Armor lock isn't in the game because people ruined it in Reach, the AA was a good idea, but they for some reason put it in Slayer Matches with no vehicles.... fail.

Ontop of that the AA's in Reach aren't broken, so what needs fixed?

I'm kind of confused as to why you would be disappointed for the canon reference, (I said that would be it ages ago, just because it makes sense) they weren't going to create a parallel universe inside of the Halo universe they are creating and helping to expand. That would be stupid.

Spartan Ops don't sound anything like SpecOps from MW2 and MW3 because they will be tying into the actual story of the game. SpecOps were basically side missions in which you ran through previous campaign missions only you have a different objective.

Spartan Points sound awesome I love the Reach ranking and purchase system. Halo 2's ranking system was terrible. You could do really good for like a week, have one bad day of Halo 2 and be back to where you started at the beginning of the week. Halo 3's ranking system was good before they ruined it with True Skill.

Also I don't think you mean drop in players, but drop in weapons. I love the sound of drop in weapons, then people can't camp weapon spawn. They have to adapt to the current game play. Hopefully they don't half ass this weapon spawning system though where there are only a few location each weapons drops. Rather it needs to be scattered and completely random.

I also have faith in 343i, but I also look forward to the campaign. 343i makes beautiful maps I wanna see what they can do in campaign on this new planet

P.S. 343i didn't screw up Reach, there a set playlists that have the TU and those that don't. Even then the TU is FTW.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    Maybe Elites aren't even a big enough part of the storyline to be considered to be in multiplayer.
    I hadn't thought about that. But that is definitely a possibility. Thanks for bringing that up

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    Armor lock isn't in the game because people ruined it in Reach, the AA was a good idea, but they for some reason put it in Slayer Matches with no vehicles.... fail.

Ontop of that the AA's in Reach aren't broken, so what needs fixed?

I'm kind of confused as to why you would be disappointed for the canon reference, (I said that would be it ages ago, just because it makes sense) they weren't going to create a parallel universe inside of the Halo universe they are creating and helping to expand. That would be stupid.

Spartan Ops don't sound anything like SpecOps from MW2 and MW3 because they will be tying into the actual story of the game. SpecOps were basically side missions in which you ran through previous campaign missions only you have a different objective.

Spartan Points sound awesome I love the Reach ranking and purchase system. Halo 2's ranking system was terrible. You could do really good for like a week, have one bad day of Halo 2 and be back to where you started at the beginning of the week. Halo 3's ranking system was good before they ruined it with True Skill.

Also I don't think you mean drop in players, but drop in weapons. I love the sound of drop in weapons, then people can't camp weapon spawn. They have to adapt to the current game play. Hopefully they don't half ass this weapon spawning system though where there are only a few location each weapons drops. Rather it needs to be scattered and completely random.

I also have faith in 343i, but I also look forward to the campaign. 343i makes beautiful maps I wanna see what they can do in campaign on this new planet

P.S. 343i didn't screw up Reach, there a set playlists that have the TU and those that don't. Even then the TU is FTW.
    It said in the article that it was bringing in drop-in players. So if you quit someone would replace you. Plus I have to say that all Reach AA's except sprint and evade are broken.

Jetpack ruins map movement. Someone of Reflection can grab rockets and snipers if they have one. AL gives players invincibility and can save players about to get splattered by vehicles . . . that should NOT be possible. If your about to be splattered and mowed down you shouldn't be able to press any button than 'A' to try and avoid it. Active Camo was just idiotic . . . it would have been SOOO much more reliable and less annoying if it didn't jam radars . . . Personally, I think Halo 4 should have AA's but they should stay out of multiplayer (with the exception of sprint).

I hate Halo: Reach's ranking system for the same reason I hated MW 1-3's. Halo ranking should revolve around skill not playtime. Ranks in reach mean nothing. I mean sure in Halo 3 they meant nothing in real life either but I meant in game. Seriously . . . if I saw I was playing against a skill 45 player I knew I was fucked. In Reach I can see a Reclaimer and be like: "Whatever he might not be that good anyway". Plus the ranking system usually matched players better.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

^^^^
    This man has many points.

I'm right back at it again...

Thread Information