Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Re: Halo 4

Ultimately, everybody has a different opinion. I'm only saying this because I feel like you guys are all trying to tell each other that the other is wrong and your opinion is the correct one. Halo is evolving. Get over it. I'm personally excited for these changes.

Faster gameplay? Awesome.
    Spartan Ops? Sounds kickass.
    Join in-progress? Not necessarily a bad thing.
    Spartan Points? I hope it's similar to Reach's system. Halo was never meant to be a competitive game. This isn't CoD.
    Loadouts and customization? Badass.
    No Elites online? Doesn't affect me much, but I think it's for the best. After all, this is a new story. The Covenant are no longer the central enemy.

Overall, I think everybody's freaking out because it's a drastic change from what we know. Everybody wants H4 to be exactly like H2/3. That's not gonna happen, nor do I want it to. I want something new, something fresh. That's exactly what Halo gives me, game after game.

Combat Evolved =/= H2 =/= H3 =/= Reach
    CoD 4 = World at War = MW2 = Black Ops = MW3

From what we've heard so far, Halo 4 is implementing things from CoD but keeping the distinctive Halo feel. I'm all for that. And I think it's gonna be a beautiful thing.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    It said in the article that it was bringing in drop-in players. So if you quit someone would replace you. Plus I have to say that all Reach AA's except sprint and evade are broken.

Jetpack ruins map movement. Someone of Reflection can grab rockets and snipers if they have one. AL gives players invincibility and can save players about to get splattered by vehicles . . . that should NOT be possible. If your about to be splattered and mowed down you shouldn't be able to press any button than 'A' to try and avoid it. Active Camo was just idiotic . . . it would have been SOOO much more reliable and less annoying if it didn't jam radars . . . Personally, I think Halo 4 should have AA's but they should stay out of multiplayer (with the exception of sprint).

I hate Halo: Reach's ranking system for the same reason I hated MW 1-3's. Halo ranking should revolve around skill not playtime. Ranks in reach mean nothing. I mean sure in Halo 3 they meant nothing in real life either but I meant in game. Seriously . . . if I saw I was playing against a skill 45 player I knew I was fucked. In Reach I can see a Reclaimer and be like: "Whatever he might not be that good anyway". Plus the ranking system usually matched players better.
    You mean join session in progress Xp

Jetpack doesn't ruin map movement it changes up gameplay, adapting to ingame changes is a whole hell of a lot more fun then being able to predict movements. It ruins authentic gameplay. Jetpack isn't OP nor broken. Armor Lock makes sense, Spartans and Elites can overpower their shields for a few seconds inorder to stop themselves from being splattered by a vehicle. The only thing annoying about Armor Lock is for some reason they put it in small 6v6 or 5v5 slayer gametypes. Camo has to jam radars well because the AA is also meant to confuse the enemy. You can't easily create distractions in Halo and with camo's radar jammer you can.

A skill based ranking system is and has been shit, who cares if you know how good another player is? Just because someone is better doesn't mean you can up your own skill level to try and match his or hers. Just play the damn game, progressive ranking is one of the only things left casual in most multiplayer games now.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

BLUE Soldier
    Gambler
    Shadow Broker
    Sangheili Shipmaster

THATS HERESY, THEIR SHOULD BE ELITES, THEY'VE BEEN PART OF HALO SINCE HALO 2!!!!!!!

A Reaper is not a name, it is a title, meaning ultimate badass.

YOUR OPINION IS NOT MY OPINION WHICH MAKES YOU WRONG

I'm back

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    A skill based ranking system is and has been shit, who cares if you know how good another player is? Just because someone is better doesn't mean you can up your own skill level to try and match his or hers. Just play the damn game, progressive ranking is one of the only things left casual in most multiplayer games now.
    Agreed. I play Halo for fun. That's how it should be. This isn't CoD.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    ^this

And why is Halo all about "Who is better"... Halo was originally built for a casual gamer looking for a fun FPS. Once MLG took over Halo, Halo whent down the shitter. It was all about "Win, Win, Win, Win!!!!".... Im sorry, id chose losing a close game then dominating the other team. Cuz i play for fun. I play CoD for fun. I avoid gametypes that take teamwork because it always leads to 1 team just dominating.... I like Reach's ranking system, actually take that back, I LOVE Reach's ranking system. It gave lesser skilled players some bregging rights with a higher rank and cool looking armor.

(im gonna get so much hate over this) I hate Halo 3 compared to Reach... Reach brought something new to the table, while Halo 3 was all about compitition... If Halo 4 has that "Compitition" feel, im done with Halo and will move towrds different games. Its because of players Just wanting to "Win" thats killing Halo for what it was intended to be.... for "Fun"

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Fuck the multiplayer, I'm only getting this game for the campaign. Not saying that I won't play multiplayer once-in-awhile.

But seriously, What else did you expect? Every game that's been milked to shreds is going to suck. Look how bad the Call of Duty series has turned out to be. The Battlefield series isn't as great as it used to be either. Unfortunately, there are only a handful of games that get better with age, and even then they may not be all that great. For example: I love Skyrim, I've played the shit out of it, but at times I feel like Morrowind is better.

Blog Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsKjB...SwE3uRpHTqSKH4

Most of this was already stated in here, but there's some new stuff including what might be some new multiplayer armor if you look close

I'm right back at it again...

Hmm looks interesting. I like the Spartan Ops.

I like the sprint for everyone. I want to feel like a super soldier... As long as the gun-play is unchanged.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Quote Originally Posted by BurningScarekro View Post
    Spartan Points? I hope it's similar to Reach's system. Halo was never meant to be a competitive game. This isn't CoD.

First of all Call of Duty is NOT competitive. It is the most casual FPS there is.

Halo of course will have many playlists... Including competitive ones. When Bungie created Halo they didn't expect it to become "competitive"... But a multi-million dollar game league sprouted up because of it... They need to cater to that crowd as well.

Anyway PC gaming is way better than any console gaming.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Thread Information