Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Blog Posts

Re: Halo 4

Pc gaming for me is just too expensive. I know a guy who only plays pc games. I pay less than he does.

I'm right back at it again...

First of all PC gaming... Means a lot more than just gaming.

Not only are the majority of games being released on PC free but also just plain innovation.

Planetside2.com

This game is going to be amazing and if you have purchased a PC in the last 2 years you'll be able to play it.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

BLUE Soldier
    Gambler
    Shadow Broker
    Sangheili Shipmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ThatRussianBear View Post
    YOUR OPINION IS NOT MY OPINION WHICH MAKES YOU WRONG
    I thought you would find my opinion worth it seeing as how when you went broke with vcash i gave you 700 that you turned into 33595. so..... my opinion is just

A Reaper is not a name, it is a title, meaning ultimate badass.

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    ^this

And why is Halo all about "Who is better"... Halo was originally built for a casual gamer looking for a fun FPS. Once MLG took over Halo, Halo whent down the shitter. It was all about "Win, Win, Win, Win!!!!".... Im sorry, id chose losing a close game then dominating the other team. Cuz i play for fun. I play CoD for fun. I avoid gametypes that take teamwork because it always leads to 1 team just dominating.... I like Reach's ranking system, actually take that back, I LOVE Reach's ranking system. It gave lesser skilled players some bregging rights with a higher rank and cool looking armor.

(im gonna get so much hate over this) I hate Halo 3 compared to Reach... Reach brought something new to the table, while Halo 3 was all about compitition... If Halo 4 has that "Compitition" feel, im done with Halo and will move towrds different games. Its because of players Just wanting to "Win" thats killing Halo for what it was intended to be.... for "Fun"
    This is SuRroundeD By 1 on GlassyDreads profile.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong . . . your entitled to your own opinion but I have to say that Halo was better when it was more competitive. I can't stand it when I'm shooting at someone with a DMR and they win because one of my shots miss because of bloom. I miss the BR and I missed Halo 3's competitiveness. I get mad when someone becomes invincible with AL or flies all over a map with Jetpack because it ruins my experience. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a revamped Halo 2/3 but Armor Abilities (with the exclusion of sprint) were a terrible idea.

Plus Bazongaman even if Reach doesn't feel that competitive, I guarantee you that it is. If your playing against other players (even if it's on the virtual battlefield) you're competing against them. The difference is whether or not it's easier for bad players to to beat better players because of game mechanics. Now when you read that I'm not trying to say that bad players shouldn't be able to kill anyone, but the game shouldn't give them huge advantages to try and survive. This is what armor lock has done.

And I hate Reaches ranking system. I still remember the feeling of success I had when I finally reached skill 30 on Halo 3 (at least that's when I stopped) and Major Grade 2. I remember being proud of working to get to that because it meant something. In Halo: Reach I'm a "Hero" and it means nothing to me. It means I've played the game a while and I have no sense of accomplishment. It's disappointing . . . but that's my opinion . . .

~ SuRroundeD By 1

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GlassyDread View Post
    This is SuRroundeD By 1 on GlassyDreads profile.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong . . . your entitled to your own opinion but I have to say that Halo was better when it was more competitive. I can't stand it when I'm shooting at someone with a DMR and they win because one of my shots miss because of bloom. I miss the BR and I missed Halo 3's competitiveness. I get mad when someone becomes invincible with AL or flies all over a map with Jetpack because it ruins my experience. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a revamped Halo 2/3 but Armor Abilities (with the exclusion of sprint) were a terrible idea.

Plus Bazongaman even if Reach doesn't feel that competitive, I guarantee you that it is. If your playing against other players (even if it's on the virtual battlefield) you're competing against them. The difference is whether or not it's easier for bad players to to beat better players because of game mechanics. Now when you read that I'm not trying to say that bad players shouldn't be able to kill anyone, but the game shouldn't give them huge advantages to try and survive. This is what armor lock has done.

And I hate Reaches ranking system. I still remember the feeling of success I had when I finally reached skill 30 on Halo 3 (at least that's when I stopped) and Major Grade 2. I remember being proud of working to get to that because it meant something. In Halo: Reach I'm a "Hero" and it means nothing to me. It means I've played the game a while and I have no sense of accomplishment. It's disappointing . . . but that's my opinion . . .

~ SuRroundeD By 1
    I understand what you are saying, however theres different levels of Competitive play.

1: Play to win, but playing for fun at the same time... doesnt hurt you when you lose, you just get ready for the next game.
    2: Play to Dominate.

The first one is always fine and i support it, however #2 is what kills Halo. When MLG came in and took control of Halo, all people wanted to do was be "MLG Status". That causes players to go into casual playlists and just tear the casual players a new ass.... thats the bad part.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    When MLG came in and took control of Halo, all people wanted to do was be "MLG Status". That causes players to go into casual playlists and just tear the casual players a new ass.... thats the bad part.
    i hate that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I thought you would find my opinion worth it seeing as how when you went broke with vcash i gave you 700 that you turned into 33595. so..... my opinion is just

Fluttershy is best poni

I'm back

Blog Posts

Spartan Ops: Awesome. I loved the Spec Ops in COD and a Halo version of this = Even more Awesome

Sprint: Makes TONS of since for a Spartan to be able to sprint and have a AA. I see this making the game much more fast pace and makes you have to think of your AAs a lot more.

Loadouts: This can be very good or very bad. They are going to have to make sure that the load outs can be balanced and not have people spawn in with shotguns and things like that, but that's common sense. This should bring more versatility to the game

Elites: I didn't use them BUT they are a HUGE part of Halo. If, like stated earlier post, the elites are not a major part of the game anymore then by all means. Invasion may no longer be in the game. This would be a downer for me for I LOVE invasion.

Firefight: Not smart if you ask me. They should have both Firefight and Spartan Ops. People like it and it is a fun game type to play with friends with. Yeah people boost with it but if 343 is active on punishing those who cheat then we should be fine.

Weapon Spawns: I kind of like it. I think it will make the game more skill based and not who can keep track of the weapon spawns better. But maybe that's just me.

Respawns: I will agree with Myth. I think they will only have that in certain game types. I see that being more functional in Slayer. This could help prevent the spawn camp in Slayer but we will see.

Joining In-Progress Games: Love it. Yeah people will bitch about their W/L ratio but who cares. This will help with the whole rage quit issue.

Over all positive things in my opinion. It will change Halo but hopefully for the better. Yes a lot of these things are coming from COD but COD is a successful game for a reason. If we can take the goods from COD and successfully combine them with Halo then we will have a Great game on our hands. I hope 343 can do it.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

^ exactly what silko said

also something that im liking is the destruction on the map is possible (may not be to the full extent as BF, but still)

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

I miss Bungie already.

Thread Information