View Poll Results: Do you want 4v4s back?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Bring 4v4s back / I don't mind if they return.

25 75.76%
  • No! Keep them out of FC!

8 24.24%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4v4 Battles

Blog Posts

Re: 4v4 Battles

Actually, 4v4 in the front lines, 6v6 in the middle and 8v8s around the Capital DOES sound interesting O.o Although with the way we have the lore, its like we're sending all our forces to secure the frontline right from the get-go. So.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

I personally like having no 4v4 because it makes it feel more war like. 4v4 just feels like a small skirmish.

Aside from the feeling, 4v4 creates kinda a stacking problem. It relies more on personal skill than with numbers for higher members. Since you know, we just split armies up for sake of balancing.

I'm right back at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Actually, 4v4 in the front lines, 6v6 in the middle and 8v8s around the Capital DOES sound interesting O.o Although with the way we have the lore, its like we're sending all our forces to secure the frontline right from the get-go. So.
    Well with the amount of people I believe we have in the wars now is A LOT. Even though we have a lot asking us to recruit it is only because we only have been playing 8v8s. I believe next war as long as we have the same amount of people (which I am expecting more because more than likely next war will be on halo 4) we could use what you said Quinn and add another 8v8 tier to the front line.

i only boost in MM lets get real here but yea i would like to see 4v4 again good stuff intense games right there

Disagree.

The reason for their elimination is that we are a WAR simulation. We want the games to feel like battles that are fought on large scale maps with vehicles and such.

I can understand the reason for wanting them back. But in my opinion, fighting a war in an arena is too... cliche' i guess. It will also be very hard on those who do not play competitively.

Large maps do take longer for set up, yes, but they also give room for more people to play at a time.

Like I said at the beginning, we are a WAR simulation; not a competitive community. War isn't fought in an arena.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.

Blog Posts

^
    Agreed. More descriptive than mine

I'm right back at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by RENGADE 0F FUNK View Post
    Disagree.

The reason for their elimination is that we are a WAR simulation. We want the games to feel like battles that are fought on large scale maps with vehicles and such.

I can understand the reason for wanting them back. But in my opinion, fighting a war in an arena is too... cliche' i guess. It will also be very hard on those who do not play competitively.

Large maps do take longer for set up, yes, but they also give room for more people to play at a time.

Like I said at the beginning, we are a WAR simulation; not a competitive community. War isn't fought in an arena.
    Establishing 4v4s as competitive is a bit rash. Battles in wars aren't always large scale, they can be as finite as two people shooting at each other at times, or have small teams infiltrate a building and such.

Limiting ourselves to 6v6s and 8v8s is about as empty as limiting ourselves to 6v6s and 4v4s. There's no reason to cram our entire battle night into the "big team battle" appeal night after night. At this point we're using tiny 4v4 maps as 6v6s just to find enough maps to fill the warmap. Regardless of the war simulation, people join FC to play halo, 4v4s and all. As proved by the poll results, there was never a point in removing 4v4s. It's kind of like going over to your friend's house in grade school, then having that friend force you to play what they want to play.

Regardless, poll results talk. It provided variety, and we're going to see problems on battle canyon and countdown when they're played when 12 people with 24 grenades are crammed on a map you can run from one side to the other on in 5-10 seconds. There's no point in changing the warmap now, but next war we should learn from that.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I am pretty sure in real War there are more small scale battles than big scale. It is just that you don't hear about them.

4 vs 4's are nice, Especially when for whatever reason your lazy douchebag friends refuse to show. ( I think most of us have experienced the joys of random ringers. ) So a small dose of 4 vs 4's here and there, or even a large influx, I don't care. Just mix it up a little so I don't blow up an orphanage out of boredom.
    The more you hate it, the stronger it becomes.

Blog Posts

Maybe 4v4s can be integrated into smaller "missions" or "covert ops". On the war map there are the powerups and such right? Well maybe for a few less credits than to just send counter you can send in a small number of troops to uproot the advantage. The advantage they have will also dictate the gametype played.

Thread Information