Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 17+?

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

17+?

So I was minding my own damn business one day when a random thought popped into my mind.

I'm 17, a M-rated game, technically means 17+. That's what every game ever that has been given an M-rating has said, 17+. However, when I had went to pre-order Halo 4 (this was when I was 16) the employee there asked if I was 18 (of course I said no, but I've been mistaken for being older than my actual age before, it comes with the facial hair). So I had my mom get it for me and blah blah blah.

Here is my question: When Halo 4 finally releases (11/6/12) will I be able to roll up and pick up my copy of Halo 4? Or do I have to legally be 18 despite the fact that the box says 17+?

Thanks,

~ SuRroundeD By 1

(By Ireland Wolf)

Re: 17+?

I say you should be able to get it if ESRB Rating states "M" rated games are considered for ages 17+

Personally, in my opinion I would rate Halo as a "T" just because it is not as bad as other games like GTA, Deadspace, etc.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I believe you still have to be 18, although I don't know for sure. It's been a while since I've had that sort of dilemma. I think they say you can "buy" the game at 17 as long as you have a parent with you. Where as if you are under 17 then a parent would have to buy it straight up.

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    I say you should be able to get it if ESRB Rating states "M" rated games are considered for ages 17+

Personally, in my opinion I would rate Halo as a "T" just because it is not as bad as other games like GTA, Deadspace, etc.
    I completely agree, although Halo 4 is supposed to be darker than the previous trilogies (as far as the story goes).

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    I believe you still have to be 18, although I don't know for sure. It's been a while since I've had that sort of dilemma. I think they say you can "buy" the game at 17 as long as you have a parent with you. Where as if you are under 17 then a parent would have to buy it straight up.
    I hope that's not the case . . . I'll be . . . like the only person there who will be with his mom buying the game haha.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

As an ex worker of the glorious empire that is Wal-Mart, it varies store to store. Some stores you have to be 18, others you can be 17, and others you can be 17 but need a parent. For my Wal-Mart, it was easier for business to make it 17+ so thats what we had. These regulations are open for flexibly, just like how games are sold on Tuesdays.

I'm right back at it again...

Surrounded I will hold your hand for you

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    Surrounded I will hold your hand for you
    Aww, thx bud. You don't happen to live in Pennsylvania, Michigan then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    As an ex worker of the glorious empire that is Wal-Mart, it varies store to store. Some stores you have to be 18, others you can be 17, and others you can be 17 but need a parent. For my Wal-Mart, it was easier for business to make it 17+ so thats what we had. These regulations are open for flexibly, just like how games are sold on Tuesdays.
    I hope GameStop is the same way then . . . I guess I'll just have to go up and ask then.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

By Supreme Court rule in 2011, all stores by law should be able to sell games to children under 17. At the same time however, I think most Gamestops have their own policy when it comes to selling to that young. But lawfully, there are no actual rules by the government anymore restricting it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/27/su...game-violence/

I created Hill 30

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    By Supreme Court rule in 2011, all stores by law should be able to sell games to children under 17. At the same time however, I think most Gamestops have their own policy when it comes to selling to that young. But lawfully, there are no actual rules by the government anymore restricting it.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/27/su...game-violence/
    Haha I can't believe something like this went to the Supreme Court. Thanks Spartan, what I'll probably end up doing though is just drive up to the one a mile away and ask. Well see how that works, but I think it would be stupid if they wouldn't . . . I mean . . . the box says 17+, and I could pass for 19 when I don't shave.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

If your 17 yes. with proof of course. I have this problem because I look younger than I am.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Thread Information