Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Integrated Bombing Raid

So Salvanous brought this idea up to me, but is too shy to post it, so I will I agree, it would be hard to balance, and it would definitely jack up the price of Bombing Raids, but it sounded cool enough to bring up.

Basically, the Bombing Raid would not only affect the War Map, but also the actual battle. At the start of a Match, say something like a bunch of fusion coils would spawn above the players that the Bombing Raid is being used against, and fall from the sky. Same could happen to vehicles? Just to damage them though, perhaps not kill them. This way, it feels like the Bombing Raid is more integrated into the Maps. Obviously it would be a one time spawn thing, just at the start of the Round, to simulate the Bombing Raid. I don't know how balanced that is, but it sounds unique. Obviously, it wouldn't make sense to do with some indoor Maps, or even if we're doing asymmetrical gametypes where each team would play on both sides, so there's a quirk. But I think it sounds pretty neat and would be a nice addition, if it sounds balanced enough.

Thoughts?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Re: Integrated Bombing Raid

Sounds weird.

It would be a hassle to forge and then have it approved.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I'm all for it.....if Mythonian is willing to edit the maps

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Majority of the forge maps do not have the budget required to do this.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Majority of the forge maps do not have the budget required to do this.
    Sounds like we need to have a FUNDRAISER!!!!!

2060390-i_like_it.jpg

Seriously. I do. I would like to see how this works. Great idea Salvanous.

Seems like a lot of work for something that will be gone in 4 months anyway. I think this idea could work, but it would actually have to hinder the bombed team in some way, otherwise no army would buy it.

As fuzzy said, forge world maps not having the funds is a big deal. Explosives are fairly expensive compared to blocks and such.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Seems like a lot of work for something that will be gone in 4 months anyway. I think this idea could work, but it would actually have to hinder the bombed team in some way, otherwise no army would buy it.

As fuzzy said, forge world maps not having the funds is a big deal. Explosives are fairly expensive compared to blocks and such.
    It's not actually that hard to set up. Just place a few fusion coils in the air and set them to respawn never. Place them around the spawn or over the vehicles. And I haven't checked the Maps yet but it shouldn't be a problem, it wouldn't cost too much. Also, this would be a part of the current bombing raid, so you'd get both. To make it fair, I suppose we could make two types, in case one army wanted the WarMap perk, but not the ingame perk.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

1. Budget would definitely be an issue on about half of the maps we currently use.

2. They wouldn't be able to be done on asymmetric maps or some maps where you spawn with a roof right above your head.

3. The following 4 things are possible results of this:
    1. The fusion coils could kill several people. This would mean the opposing team would be almost guaranteed to get every single power weapon and therefore start off with a huge advantage.
    2. Everyone's shields would be depleted (along with a good amount of health), leaving them nearly helpless as the enemies grab all the power weapons like above.
    3. (larger maps, such as Hemorrhage) Their shields come back before any combat happens, meaning it was effectively useless.
    4. Their vehicles are half-dead already, meaning the enemies get immediate map control and therefore are able to get any neutral power weapons almost immediately.

4. As described above, it would be effectively impossible (or insanely difficult) to balance properly. It is not worth it.

5. I am vehemently against any perk that causes the map itself to be changed in an unfair manner. Having skill imbalances between teams is already big enough of a problem. We discussed the possibility of having weapons or vehicles added, but scrapped that for the same reason that it doesn't do any good.

Tl;dr - No.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    1. Budget would definitely be an issue on about half of the maps we currently use.

2. They wouldn't be able to be done on asymmetric maps or some maps where you spawn with a roof right above your head.

3. The following 4 things are possible results of this:
    1. The fusion coils could kill several people. This would mean the opposing team would be almost guaranteed to get every single power weapon and therefore start off with a huge advantage.
    2. Everyone's shields would be depleted (along with a good amount of health), leaving them nearly helpless as the enemies grab all the power weapons like above.
    3. (larger maps, such as Hemorrhage) Their shields come back before any combat happens, meaning it was effectively useless.
    4. Their vehicles are half-dead already, meaning the enemies get immediate map control and therefore are able to get any neutral power weapons almost immediately.
    4. As described above, it would be effectively impossible (or insanely difficult) to balance properly. It is not worth it.

5. I am vehemently against any perk that causes the map itself to be changed in an unfair manner. Having skill imbalances between teams is already big enough of a problem. We discussed the possibility of having weapons or vehicles added, but scrapped that for the same reason that it doesn't do any good.

Tl;dr - No.
    You know, I am starting to get irritated when people say to try and "balance" things with skill and such things. WE were a war-sim community, and having this thrown in would bring back what I founded this place on. Fun. Balance was something I never was concerned about... No body cared. all is fair in love and WAR. Balancing a war isn't a war. Its silly.

This idea is pure fun. I love it. If "damaging" people and vehicles is your concern, you can always have the fusion coil spawn in an open area that won't affect anything.

If budget is your concern, well then we can't do shit. An idea that I liked cuz I see it being fun and bring a certain feel back.. this kinda stuff always get shot down without even trying? How sad..

Thread Information