Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xbox 360 Headsets

Hello dear friends of the Forerunner Conflict, I need your opinion and some help.

I currently am in the process of looking for a gaming headset for my Xbox 360 (being compatible with PC is a plus) to use when I go to the University of Michigan in the Fall. My current standard-issue headset is currently soldered back together after I dropped my controller and I doubt it will last a long while.

My price range is anywhere up to ~$200 and I have no preference to Wired/Wireless (however I have heard issues with Wi-Fi interference making them practically inoperable - is there any credence to that?).

After doing some basic research, I have selected a few headsets that could meet my needs. If you have your own headsets you like/prefer or have any opinions on the ones I am about to list, please let me know! Thanks!

• Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 - Basically a stupid cheap wired headset if all else fails; $50.50
    • Tritton AX 720 - A mid-range surround sound wired headset; $129.99
    • Sharkoon X-Tatic - A mid-range surround sound wired headset (similar to Tritton's, but has four speakers per ear and each is customizable in volume); $139.96
    • Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 - An upper-end surround sound wireless headset that is 'splurge-worthy'; $169.99

If you can offer me your own opinions and suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks!!
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 05-27-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Re: Xbox 360 Headsets

I currently use the Astro A40s. They are really good, top of the market gaming headsets.

However, I would recommend the Tritons. You get alot of quality for the price.

More OcR peeps have switched from Turtle Beaches to either A40's or Tritons.

et ducit mundum per luce

So I would assume if money was no object you would recommend the Astros then? I plan on getting some graduation money from my party so I would technically have more money to spend. Haha.
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

The wired Turtles sound like shit on the computer so I would just go with the Tritons

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Quote Originally Posted by OcR Yehsus View Post
    I currently use the Astro A40s. They are really good, top of the market gaming headsets.

However, I would recommend the Tritons. You get alot of quality for the price.

More OcR peeps have switched from Turtle Beaches to either A40's or Tritons.
    ^ This.

I have the Astro A40's as well: magnificent. I have 4 twenty inch Sony speakers surrounding my T.V. and when I put on my Astro's I get the same sounding quality.

If your looking to save I got mine off E-bay and they work perfectly. Generally people sell them for 20-50 dollars less on there. Don't forget the new Mixamp. If you can get wireless Im finding the cords are ridiculous. USB for power to save on Battery money. Which is awesome because I can hear my laptop as well as my Xbox with the included High Def TOS link in the mixamp. Controller cord, cords to the mixamp from headset ect: I do music production for my minor the specs are good as well as far as sound quality. Sometimes people cant tell the difference. But as far as comfort and whats inside they are great.

Yadda yadda I can give more info if you want lol.
    Last edited by Carpe Vexillum; 05-26-2012 at 09:02 PM.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Blog Posts

I'd go with the X12's they are cheap and they are good.

I've had top of the line headsets on at buddies houses, and I've never noticed a massive change.

I've had my x12's for a year and I still love them.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

So I'm hearing Astros if I want to splurge and the Tritton's?

And if I'm a cheap-o I go for the X12's? Haha. More opinions help! I trust you guys the most.

You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

What? Ash uses a microphone and recommends the A30's? Haha.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

i use TB X11's and they are very good to use... i bought them for $70, however im sure they are cheaper now... also they are compatable for the PC as well

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information