Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Re: Xbox 360 Headsets

The Tritton Detonator's are a good option that are not too expensive, they are better quality than the top of the line turtle beach's and they look really good aesthetically. http://trittonusa.com/prod/detonator.asp

If you want to get the top of the line though, go with Astro A40's.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Thanks for the help, gents!

And as if Amazon knew I was going to buy a headset soon, they dropped the price of the Turtle Beach XP400's from $220 to $170. Haha. However people say these broadcast your voice as if it is being projected through a tin can. Others say it doesn't. Ahh! Everything else about this headset is awesome except that - and that is potentially a deal breaker.

I just wish these headsets would consistently be awesome or consistently suck. There are so many opinions either way.

Any other opinions?
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Buy all of them.

Problem solved.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Buy all of them.

Problem solved.

I ain't deleting this post, deal with it.
    Last edited by zZ Dr K Zz; 05-28-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Well if you've had turtle beaches before i would stick with them because over my xbox years i have had many turtle beaches and a astro headset.

Astro = More expensive then most turtle beaches out there. But if your not going to do some serious gaming then i would suggest not to spend all of your money on them unless your getting a good deal of some sort. Yes they have extremely high quality but if your not going to tournaments and things like that. Then i find them useless.

I had them before when i went to tournaments then after i loss some skill. I sold them because they weren't necessary for what i was doing so i sold them for a good price. Then i bought another pair of turtle beaches.

Ps. Im only talking about the A40's.

Pss. Im not going to go on about the a30s because ive had friends that had alot issues with them.

Turtle beach = A decent price for a good headset. It all depends on what your looking for the x12's are a cheap pair and work well i have had them for around 8 months now and had no issues but i tend not to have issues with turtle beaches, but many people do. There are also some other headsets that would serve you well for the price.
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...rce-dpx21.aspx
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...e-charlie.aspx ( You may not like the COD Stickers but the headset itself is very good.)

Tritans = ? I have used many headsets the tritans look nice but for a person that has used turtle beaches his entire life the tritans just feel weird and i personally couldn't get used to them. But for the specs there actually a good headset.

If you want a astro personally i would suggest http://www.astrogaming.com/headsets/...et-mlg-edition

Also @Max i wouldn't but turtle beaches for $200 i would suggest getting the a40's. Also the XP400 arent compatible with the PC as it says on there website.

Creator of Vanquish
    #BlameFuzzy

[12:58:35 AM] Silky Tits: Fuzz
    [12:58:46 AM] Silky Tits: Have you ever eaten shit?
    [12:59:02 AM] Greg: Well I have listened to your words for so long

Thanks for the info, Devon. I'm leaning towards the XP400's as they are on sale for $169.99 and they CAN work on most new laptops that have Bluetooth integrated inside of them as the XP400 uses Bluetooth to communicate with the controller and receiver/decoder.

Does anyone have any opinions on Wireless vs. Wired or the XP400's or anything? haha.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Thread Information