Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Make your own Spartan Ops missions

So 343i probably already has a plan down for the entire Spartan Ops series. They also probably have the first few episodes already created and undergoing testing.

However, they might not have started episodes past the first few weeks or maybe they haven't began work on season 2 yet.

Hence I created this thread, to cater to all of the imaginative and creative minds on these forums. What do you guys think would make a cool Spartan Ops mission? Go ahead and post a small idea or get creative and write out details for an entire mission, just have fun, get creative.

For example:

If I had a choice I would make a Spartan Ops mission where you (Spartan IV) are on one of two Pelican dropships (carrying Marines) being followed by friendly support (ie: Hornets/ Falcons). Your assaulting an "enemy" (since I don't know who or what we'll be fighting in Spartan Ops) in a fortified position.

The Gameplay acts like the beach assault from the Silent Cartographer mission in Halo CE (I loved that mission) except there would be more action. You fight along the beach or position or whatever it should be and you eventually get pinned by heavy fire. Your Spartan then calls in air support, which comes via a airstrike by a Longsword fighter. The airstrike is followed by an ODST insertion into the same position. By the time you reach the position it's cleared and all you have to do is hold it from a counter-attack.

Simple enough. But not too detailed, leaves room for other people to add to it.

Got bored, decided I would see what other people might think is cool

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

Re: Make your own Spartan Ops missions

Squeals are all about taking what worked and make it better.

In Reach, Bungie looked back at all the surprising things they didn't think would come out of Forge, thus they created Forge 2.0.

Maybe they looked at the forge we did with things like Invasion and are gonna let us create are own Spartan OPs.

I for one would think a three way free for all, Humans vs. Covies vs. New enemy would be pretty cool.

I'm right back at it again...

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

that sounds awesome, I'll make one up when I have time.

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by UNLUCKY NUM13ER View Post
    that sounds awesome, I'll make one up when I have time.
    Haha I should have remembered you, you were one of the posters in GhostHammers WW3 thread.

(By Ireland Wolf)

your on the back of a pelican and need to shoot down pursuing ships, whether human or covenant in nature.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    your on the back of a pelican and need to shoot down pursuing ships, whether human or covenant in nature.
    What about forerunner?

(By Ireland Wolf)

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    What about forerunner?
    sure, shoot down different variants of sentinals, like those shielded bastards in halo 2
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

wish we could play as grunts

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    wish we could play as grunts
    I'm sorry but I'm going to have to STRONGLY disagree with you haha.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

I think an interesting mission would be for the Infinity to send a Spartan squad to Chief's ship in order to retrieve Cortana, in which the Spartans would have a distance walk to the crashed remains of the ship. The mission would be similar to "Truth and Reconciliation" however instead you are boarding a UNSC vessel. The mission would have you go initially through the broken corridors of the vessel with minimum lighting as there were "horror" moments as you thought you saw forerunner enemies around the corner of each pass, only to have them not be there. After a while you would encounter these enemies and would have to push through to the believed spot of Cortana's location to extract her, in which case during the time period you would come to a locked door, and you would need to basically defend the area against a couple waves of forerunner enemies as one of the other spartans hacked the door open.

As you continued towards the destination you would finally come to the room where Chief and Cortana were, only to find them empty, and you would need to run back through the rooms you came through to get back to your had to go through to get there, only to deal with a renewed invasion, or reinforcements of the forerunners. The mission would also mean that on your way through initially to the Chief's pod, you would see a lot of extra health packs and weaponry there, but if you took everything on your way there, you may leave your escape route with very few supplies.

Basically, the mission would go through Halo lore of securing AI personel, while implementing aspects of your initial encounter of the flood in Halo 1 (mood wise) with a layout semi similar to "Truth and Reconciliation" and then would implement a "Left 4 Dead 2" aspect of returning down the same path you came, but with more enemies.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Thread Information