Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Re: Make your own Spartan Ops missions

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    I think an interesting mission would be for the Infinity to send a Spartan squad to Chief's ship in order to retrieve Cortana, in which the Spartans would have a distance walk to the crashed remains of the ship. The mission would be similar to "Truth and Reconciliation" however instead you are boarding a UNSC vessel. The mission would have you go initially through the broken corridors of the vessel with minimum lighting as there were "horror" moments as you thought you saw forerunner enemies around the corner of each pass, only to have them not be there. After a while you would encounter these enemies and would have to push through to the believed spot of Cortana's location to extract her, in which case during the time period you would come to a locked door, and you would need to basically defend the area against a couple waves of forerunner enemies as one of the other spartans hacked the door open.

As you continued towards the destination you would finally come to the room where Chief and Cortana were, only to find them empty, and you would need to run back through the rooms you came through to get back to your had to go through to get there, only to deal with a renewed invasion, or reinforcements of the forerunners. The mission would also mean that on your way through initially to the Chief's pod, you would see a lot of extra health packs and weaponry there, but if you took everything on your way there, you may leave your escape route with very few supplies.

Basically, the mission would go through Halo lore of securing AI personel, while implementing aspects of your initial encounter of the flood in Halo 1 (mood wise) with a layout semi similar to "Truth and Reconciliation" and then would implement a "Left 4 Dead 2" aspect of returning down the same path you came, but with more enemies.
    That actually sounds really interesting. I kind of want to play this now haha . . . although I'm not a fan of the L4D series.

It completely makes sense too. Your sent to retrieve a package that you don't know is gone, only to find it not there. This would lead to the Spartan IV's eventually finding the chief, as they know he'd be alive. Nice Salv.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

*takes a bow* Thanks, I figured if I was going to make something, it had to make sense, and it needed to somehow be able to tie in with the Chief, be it going to an area before, or after him in the campaign.

The L4D element I am talking about only is that more "limitless wave" aspect as well as the one thing I found really fresh was the "here everything you need, but you know you shouldn't use it all at once" it makes the gameplay less linear, and makes it fun to come back. Really the level may have more in common with the "343 Guilty Spark" level from Halo 1, just implementing that "save some equipment for the back track" added.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    *takes a bow* Thanks, I figured if I was going to make something, it had to make sense, and it needed to somehow be able to tie in with the Chief, be it going to an area before, or after him in the campaign.

The L4D element I am talking about only is that more "limitless wave" aspect as well as the one thing I found really fresh was the "here everything you need, but you know you shouldn't use it all at once" it makes the gameplay less linear, and makes it fun to come back. Really the level may have more in common with the "343 Guilty Spark" level from Halo 1, just implementing that "save some equipment for the back track" added.
    Conserving ammo is something more games should incorporate. Seriously, Battlefield 3 is the only game in which I ever run out of ammo.

I had one play around where I ended up taking five enemy kits because of how long I survived. Where in CoD I'd have scavenger or in Halo: Reach I'd have an unlimited ammo box waiting inside some base (not in MM but let's be serious, who runs out of ammo in MM?).

(By Ireland Wolf)

The Beast Within
    The Original Space Cat
    Blog Posts

Sal, speaking of which, remember the 2nd level of Republic Commando where you boarded a Ship that you had lost, it had the horror elements that you were talking about(because it was at the point a Ghost Ship.) but later found out that everyone was dead thanks to Trandoshan mercenaries, and had to fight your way out while saving your team (which had all been captured).

Now with Low Level Radiation!

Thread Information