Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Return of Specific Rank Bars

Ranks were never a hassle when I was FM. I did them every day or every other day and it only took a few moments....

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nocte View Post
    Ranks were never a hassle when I was FM. I did them every day or every other day and it only took a few moments....
    Yeah and look how well your FM campaign went.

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Uncalled for...

Cheap blows discounted, Myth you are right when you say I don't precisely know how the admins work, nor do I know your collective, or singular motives, I can only go on past experience, and what I should expect of the site, and of myself.

Making the permission to change a member's rank tag and permissions should be easy enough. Back at RvBW when I was a lower admin I know I had the ability to change a profile's permissions to an extent, and my permissions didn't allow me to tamper with members past a certain rank. I know it can be done, and I remember it wasn't that hard to do.

In regards to making new rank tags, yes that is a lot of work, but I am not saying we make new ones, why not use our old ones for now, or have someone modify our current ones to have precise name descriptions, I don't think that is too much to do. I would hold off on making unique rank tags until Halo 4, as to avoid making too much work.

TBC
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

It's Rogue. Both him and Scarecrow can make all the cheap blows they want haha.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Yeah and look how well your FM campaign went.
    I approve this message. ^__^

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

Anyways.... Myth can you tell me how easy it would be to give someone the permission to change a rank bar without anything else? Also wouldn't it be easy enough just to add the appropriate rank to each of our current tags?
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    Anyways.... Myth can you tell me how easy it would be to give someone the permission to change a rank bar without anything else? Also wouldn't it be easy enough just to add the appropriate rank to each of our current tags?
    You can't give a person ability to change user-groups unless they had access to the administrator control panel.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Uncalled for...

Cheap blows discounted, ...
    :confused:

Myth you are right when you say I don't precisely know how the admins work, nor do I know your collective, or singular motives, I can only go on past experience, and what I should expect of the site, and of myself.

Making the permission to change a member's rank tag and permissions should be easy enough. Back at RvBW when I was a lower admin I know I had the ability to change a profile's permissions to an extent, and my permissions didn't allow me to tamper with members past a certain rank. I know it can be done, and I remember it wasn't that hard to do.
    That was not vBulletin. in vBulletin, I do not know of any such permission options.

Other forum software may be more user friendly in the way you are describing. That does not mean that vBulletin has the same options available.

In regards to making new rank tags, yes that is a lot of work, but I am not saying we make new ones, why not use our old ones for now, or have someone modify our current ones to have precise name descriptions, I don't think that is too much to do. I would hold off on making unique rank tags until Halo 4, as to avoid making too much work.
    The images themselves are the easy part.

The hard part is the implementation. Creating the usergroups and setting up their permissions can be extremely time-consuming, and can take anywhere up to 30 minutes to ensure a single usergroup is functioning properly. You are proposing adding nearly 30 usergroups. That's up to 10-15 hours of work just to implement it.

And that's only to get things ready so we can actually begin using them... -.-

Call me lazy, but I'm not going to do that in the middle of a war. Especially on top of all my other responsibilities. And Metkil is the only other Admin with experience creating usergroups, but he's busy with other things for awhile.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

That's very lazy Myth, sloth's are even surprised.

Yeah that makes sense. Really I just know that I want specific ranks for Halo 4 if not sooner. That sound reasonable? Others want it sooner, so I would say during Peacetime but I'll let others fight over a sooner time.
    Project Ascension

"Addio amico mio"

Blog Posts

I just want to say that I would like to see more distinguished ranks. However, I think this should wait a while. I can't even imagine how stressful the people like Mythonian's job can be sometimes. I can see something like this during peacetime, but before that, I doubt it. I think the current ranking bars are very nice. When I first joined (at the very beginning of this war) I found the artwork done on them to be astounding. This site still has work that needs to be done. There is plenty of room to improve, despite how well done it already is. But, it is hard to do this while managing an army.
    Don't put too much stress on the admins. Let them take their time. Managing a site/army/community/whatever can be hard work. I hope to become an officer eventually. However, I can't imagine being in HC in my current situation. Kudos to those overlooking their respective armies, and to those overlooking the war, and the website itself.

Thread Information