Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Return of Specific Rank Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    They are in BLUE

>_>

Jussayin.
    Do you have at least two Sergeants for every junior grade Officer?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Do you have at least two Sergeants for every junior grade Officer?
    We specifically talking E-5 Sergeants, or NCOs alltogether?

And by junior grade officer, we simplifying to Warrant Officers, or Warrant Officers and Lieutenants.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Any of the higher Enlisted, Sergeant and up. Per Platoon Officer, I suppose. 2 Squad leaders per Officer in a Platoon?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Any of the higher Enlisted, Sergeant and up. Per Platoon Officer, I suppose. 2 Squad leaders per Officer in a Platoon?
    Your unit structure is a bit different than ours, so the "2 squad leaders per platoon officer" doesn't work.

We have 4 Officers by the ranks anywhere between Warrant Officer and 1st Lieutenant to 7 NCOs of Sergeant or higher.

Normally I would be hesitant to tell you this, but those numbers will most likely change soon.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Blog Posts

I'd like to go a separate route here-

Because Halo 4 is just a few months away, and shit will be changing big time (It always does) there will most likely be a new ranking system, as well as new userbars anyways.
    There's no reason to do this now, but it would be a nice refresher for the new series of wars.

1. When ranks are determined for Halo 4, we can have a gfx artist make the userbars. (This will be probably post- Halo 4 release)
    2. Hire two "Promotions Officers" (one for each army)
    3. Have the Promotions Officer compile a roster for the army and each individuals rank.
    4. Submit the full roster to an admin or someone willing to do the job.
    5. Have the admin/person create the user-groups, and then put each person into their specific rank.
    6. After the overhaul is complete, the Promotions Officers will be in charge of sending in an annual list of changes to the admin/person who will update the ranks.
    7. The Promotions Officer can also hold Promotion Ceremonies.

Doing it this way solves these issues-
    1. Having a High Command member be responsible for updating ranks.
    2. Having each CO remember to inform those receiving promotions that they have earned them. (An officer SHOULD be responsible enough to do this, but the bottom line is that it isn't happening.)
    3. Makes the recruit/promotee feel better and more satisfied. More willing to put in effort because their valor is being recognized.
    4. Takes some workload off of HC/Officers, and makes it a better experience for everyone. It wouldn't be a hard job for one person who doesn't do much else, but it would be important.
    5. Creates a consistently updated roster.

The biggest issue is that if no current admin was willing to carry out the labor, then someone would have to be given admin.

4-5 months is still a long time. I could impliment the switch in a single solid day, maybe two. The ranking system would still be the same, only the images would change. It isnt a huge change, we just need someone who is willing the take the time to impliment it, and I'm volunteering.

And do we really need to change the ranking system in halo 4?

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

I don't think we do, I mean I really think the only things we could get rid of is Chief Warrant Officer, and Lt Colonel as they are EXACTLY the same as Warrant Officer and Colonel ranks, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    I don't think we do, I mean I really think the only things we could get rid of is Chief Warrant Officer, and Lt Colonel as they are EXACTLY the same as Warrant Officer and Colonel ranks, correct me if I'm wrong.
    In REDD ,chief warrant officer does have a importence. its the last level in a officer training program we have. now in BLUE it might have a diffrent reason or maybe not used at all . now if you have warrant officer and not the next level of warrant officer then just take out warrant officer. its just like taking out 1stLT and it being :2ndLT ,captain,major,ect... it dosnt make work. well thats just me being the son of a US Army E-8 . just bothers the hell out of me thinking if they would remove ranks to make it simpler.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vici"
    RedWatch Special Forces Veteran
    Dreadrouge Vet
    Fox Legion Vet
    Z'z Pumbie

Distinguished Service Medal

Captains Merit

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

No that's fine Puba, I'm glad that REDD uses the rank. I haven't seen a use for it in BLUE yet, but that's just from what I have seen. If it has a use than I say keep it
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

We don't need to cut down on the ranks, especially when the images have already been created. If a specific FM doesn't feel like using a rank, that can be their decision, that doesn't have to be community wide.

If we implement this, implement them all

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Thread Information