Not sure many of you have heard of this or anything, but anyway...

Star Control 2 was originally released back in 1992. It was made by Toys For Bob. It was easily one of the best games of the early 90s.

In 1996, Star Control 3 was released. It was made by an entirely different group, and a lot of people hated it. It was terrible.

In 2002, the source code of Star Control 2 was released. Almost immediately, a fan project to port the game to modern computers and operating systems was started. It was called The Ur-Quan Masters. It also included numerous graphical adjustments to the game and various other improvements.

And finally, in 2008, a portion of the Ur-Quan Masters crew split and began working on a fan sequel to Star Control 2 and the Ur-Quan Masters, since Star Control 3 sucked. They called it Project 6014.

Project 6014 features a completely new story, more races/ships, and focuses on a different section of the galaxy. It is currently in development still, but they've had demo versions out since October, 2010.

Trailer for Project 6014:

Well, I love the games. I've played all of them a lot, and so, partially out of inspiration from SlayerGaming and Metkil getting into posting YouTube videos, I'm going to be putting up some videos on Project 6014.

I urge you to check them out and try out the game if you're interested.

"Myth Plays" thread.
http://www.youtube.com/Myth0nian