Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Halo Reach/ Halo 3 --> Halo 4 comparisons

So, I'm sure we've all seen the weapons and etc. that will be in Halo 4, but I don't think that I truly appreciated their look until I looked at these comparison screen shots. I would post the pictures themselves on the post but there are at least a dozen and they are large screen shots, so I'm just going to post the links. Tell me which ones you like best, personally, I like the AR, Energy Sword, and Carbine the best.

Magnum
    Energy Sword
    DMR
    Battle Rifle
    Assault Rifle
    Mongoose
    Carbine
    Ghost
    Warthog
    Spartan Laser
    Sniper Rifle
    Rocket Launcher
    Plasma Pistol
    Needler

Well there ya go, make sure you packed your bibs. Oh, and make sure to give Medes new thread some love, some of those renders . . . are just plain awesomeness.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Re: Halo Reach/ Halo 3 --> Halo 4 comparisons

I like them all. My favorites are AR, BR, Ghost, Hog, and Carbine. I like the old look of the DMR better though.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I like them all. My favorites are AR, BR, Ghost, Hog, and Carbine. I like the old look of the DMR better though.
    I see where your coming from, I like the new DMR though, it looks less . . . flat . . . if you understand what I'm trying to say . . . that wasn't very descriptive.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

- Barely any difference between the Magnum.
    - Energy sword looks hella bright. Personally would be friggin awesome if it got darker as the energy was being used.
    - For some reason, I feel like the new DMR looks more like an actual rifle.
    - BR has some nice graphics, but it just doesn't look the BR.
    - AR looks awesome, but I see little difference the new AR and the new BR.
    - Little difference between the Mongeese
    - Carbine looks fucking awesome. Graphic update and actually looks like an intimidating covie weapon
    - Only difference with Ghost i see is it ecome more shiney. shiney.
    - Hog looks badass, yet I dont like the look of the bullet feed on it.
    - Fuck laser. This ain't laser tag.
    - Sniper......why do you now look retarded...
    - Rockets....no change.
    - Shit plasma pistol actually looks cool
    - Ditto for Needler.

What do I win?

I'm right back at it again...

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Nothing?

I think the new DMR is the very epitome of flat. The scope isn't raised anymore, the barrel is shorter, no space between stock and grip. I dunno. I just don't like it. It looks too... boxy, if that's even a thing. Well the snipers going back to looking like it did in the earlier Halo games with the rectangular scope.

To be honest though, I don't really care for what the guns look like. Except the DMR, if I'm gonna be looking at it all day, I want it to look sexy and the new one just... doesn't. It looks mega rectangular and weird. Maybe it's just me. BR's scope is weird also. It's square instead of cylindrical. That will take some getting used to. Most definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    Nothing?

I think the new DMR is the very epitome of flat. The scope isn't raised anymore, the barrel is shorter, no space between stock and grip. I dunno. I just don't like it. It looks too... boxy, if that's even a thing. Well the snipers going back to looking like it did in the earlier Halo games with the rectangular scope.

To be honest though, I don't really care for what the guns look like. Except the DMR, if I'm gonna be looking at it all day, I want it to look sexy and the new one just... doesn't. It looks mega rectangular and weird. Maybe it's just me. BR's scope is weird also. It's square instead of cylindrical. That will take some getting used to. Most definitely.
    The box scope will take some getting used to, as will not unscoping after your shot by someone else.

I don't know, to me the DMR looks to have a lot more detail. Although I see where your coming from with the boxy comment. The butt of the rifle doesn't appear curved (like in Reach's), and the area around the clip is connected in the Halo 4 DMR instead of disconnected, and the shape underneath is completely straight, in fact, the entire stock kinda looks like a square. The area below the barrel (where the MC's left hand would be if this were in game) is also not curved unlike the Halo Reach DMR or even the AR. So your right, the DMR looks a bit box-ish, but I still like the look.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

I liked the old look of the BR better, though I'm glad I get my old Go to Gun back. It just looks too short, the action and magazine port in the gun just doesn't quite look long enough. The DMR however looks too deep, again, there is too much space between the top of the gun and the bottom of it near the action. The AR is back to its linear self, not a bad thing. Halo 2 pistol makes me a bit sad, but if its a close range 5-6 shot kill it can be viable. These are just small details and It probably won't matter at all when I actually play it.

Needler, Ghost and Carbine look badass.

Most of the UNSC weapons look the same. Actually, they look less colorful.

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryTheChin View Post
    Needler, Ghost and Carbine look badass.

Most of the UNSC weapons look the same. Actually, they look less colorful.
    Well, there does seem to be less color, but the weapons look better detailed (with the exception of color).

(By Ireland Wolf)

^ Trudat. Plus, Reach looks more cartoony overall than H4LO. I'll adjust to it over time : D~

btw, wut happened to the sniper? I've seen gameplay of it, and from a first person view while sniping, it looks strange.

Thread Information