Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4 Wars

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Halo 4 Wars

I know it might be a little early to discuss it but I've been putting it off since seeing how these features work.

I don't know how Customizable custom games will be but based upon what we know, will we be using the following features?

1) Should players be able to use their own customized classes during the Halo 4 wars or are we going to have a few set classes to choose from like in the Reach wars? Personally I feel that the game might be more balanced if we used set classes, I'm sure we could try one war that lets players use their own classes but I have a feeling it wont last long.

2) Will we be implementing orbital drops into the wars? Technically, Weapon Drops act like point streaks if you haven't heard yet. They can drop you different types of weapons (based upon map) or power ups, yes . . . power-ups. I don't know how customizable they will be though.

Feel free to add suggestions for me to add to the OP.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

Re: Halo 4 Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    I know it might be a little early to discuss it but I've been putting it off since seeing how these features work.

I don't know how Customizable custom games will be but based upon what we know, will we be using the following features?

1) Should players be able to use their own customized classes during the Halo 4 wars or are we going to have a few set classes to choose from like in the Reach wars? Personally I feel that the game might be more balanced if we used set classes, I'm sure we could try one war that lets players use their own classes but I have a feeling it wont last long.

2) Will we be implementing orbital drops into the wars? Technically, Weapon Drops act like point streaks if you haven't heard yet. They can drop you different types of weapons (based upon map) or power ups, yes . . . power-ups. I don't know how customizable they will be though.

Feel free to add suggestions for me to add to the OP.
    It's honestly WAY to early to tell. We don't know what's balanced and what's not, if anything needs to be changed, etc.

We gotta do a lot of playtesting first.

Blog Posts

I gotta agree with Deathhawk, people in the community should probably play the game first and see which one's better instead of deciding on something they haven't even experienced yet.

Don't worry about any of this untill the game comes out, either way we're more than likely gonna have a beta war.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Yay for another annoying ass beta war

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut9473 View Post
    Yay for another annoying ass beta war
    Haha, I joined the community after it's last beta war, so clear up my confusion.

Does beta war mean a war testing all the new features of the game (like a beta for forerunner conflict) or a war that occurs during a games beta . . .

Because if it's the later we will all be disappointed . . . Halo 4 will not have a beta.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Should still try and figure out small details and outline like above. Unless everyone wants to crunch in the fall.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Blog Posts

Probably the former.

Director of Project Ascension
    When the Storm Ends
    Memory is the Key
    Moves Like Jagger
    Blog Posts

I think what should be done with orbital drops (streak bonuses) is we shouldn't do them, HOWEVER, if they do something like they did in CoD, where like if you die 5 times in a row without a kill you get a bonus or reward, I think that would give something to a team that was getting dominated.

Also, keeping in mind this is IF they give losing streaks, or they are possible.

As for the beta war, I KNOW this isn't going to be received well, but I feel like after this next Halo Reach war we wait until Halo 4, and then when Halo 4 comes out we stay in peacetime for an extended time (2 months maybe) in which we do scrimmages against REDD, but we don't count it as a war. Let REDD and BLUE mingle a little bit more with the new game, and let our community really have a piece of cohesion as we learn about the new installment to the Halo series.
    Project Ascension

Where damnation seems inevitable, I will still raise my hands in hope of redemption.
    morte ai nostri nemici la tua guerra è persa non puoi distruggere
    Ortus verum est iam lost nobis. Exuro per lies illae universitas quod reperio vestri verum
    "Addio amico mio"

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

We won't be having a Beta War in all likelihood.

The reason we "sort of" had a Beta War in Reach was because we were trying out an entirely new system. It was the first time we had troops to move around, an economic system, and such a level of strategy involved. That was what the "beta" was for, since we wanted to know how it would work out.

Since there's not much more to test out in terms of entire systems, it won't be a beta war.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvanous View Post
    As for the beta war, I KNOW this isn't going to be received well, but I feel like after this next Halo Reach war we wait until Halo 4, and then when Halo 4 comes out we stay in peacetime for an extended time (2 months maybe) in which we do scrimmages against REDD, but we don't count it as a war. Let REDD and BLUE mingle a little bit more with the new game, and let our community really have a piece of cohesion as we learn about the new installment to the Halo series.
    We'll be doing it the same way we did it when we changed to Reach. We'll give everyone ample time to enjoy the campaign, get used to the mechanics, etc. before beginning a war.

We'll be posting more details in the next few days about our plans for the future.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Thread Information