Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

FC War 4 Feedback

First off, I'd like to congratulate REDD Army on their first win on HALO: Reach! Congrats to all of you and your hard work. Also, congrats to BLUE for fighting till the last man.

So, now down to business. I'd just like some mature personal feedback from every person in the war. I'd like to know what your opinions were on the whole scheme of things. Obviously OPERATION FIRESTORM was not as successful as we would have liked, but at least this war went smoothly and it seemed (from at least our view) that most people had fun. I'm going to create a post format that I'd like everyone to complete. Please, keep it mature, don't start flame wars, and be respectful to everyone. So without further adieu, here is the format that you can copypasta and fill out:

1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the entire war as a whole? Elaborate.

2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the level of FUN that you had in battles? Elaborate.

3. What was your favorite part of the war?

4. What part of the war did you like least?

5. How would you describe the balance in skill between armies?

6. What would you like to see changed gametype-wise in the wars (I.E. Loadouts, armor abilities, maps, weapons, vehicles, forging in general).

7. What would be things you would like to see changed in Forerunner Conflict as a community?

8. War part aside, how would you rate Forerunner Conflict as a community?

9. Did you find this war to be a good way to make new friends? Did you make a lot of new friends?

10. Was there a lot of interaction between everyone in the army?

11. All in all, did you enjoy this war? Were you disappointed with anything?

Thanks guys! Your input is important!

I created Hill 30

Re: FC War 4 Feedback

1. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the entire war as a whole? Elaborate.

2. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best), how would you rate the level of FUN that you had in battles? Elaborate.

Virtually building an army and watching it grow and thrive in BLUE

Firestorm and WC

Better than most wars, but it's a bit disheartening that we had to build our skill and power while theirs was mainly via transfers.

6. What would you like to see changed gametype-wise in the wars (I.E. Loadouts, armor abilities, maps, weapons, vehicles, forging in general).
    Forced gametype amounts to attack capitals get annoying IMO.

7. What would be things you would like to see changed in Forerunner Conflict as a community?
    --

?

9. Did you find this war to be a good way to make new friends? Did you make a lot of new friends?
    ?

yes?

Yes?

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Id give the War an 8. It started really bad (Firestorm issues), however we all worked together and got things back in good motion. Reason for the 8 rather then 10 is because sadly REDD had to get the WC involved in solving some of the inbalance issues.

10. Games were alot of fun, people laughed and had a great time. Sure there were lag issues, however we have to understand not every game will be perfect.

REDD Winning :P In all seriousness, id have to say the whole damn thing. Both sides worked hard and assisted each other as much as the could. <--- Thats a community

How Firestorm was recieved. I liked the idea, however i didnt like how it was dropped on us. Make it a gradual deal, not a sudden BAM! it happend because we said so :/

First part, it was terrible. Second part, it was great. REDD got assistance and it really helped. Wish however, the WC didnt have to get involved and could have been settled by ourselfs.

Maps. Tritan is a key one. BLUE has quick access to the falcon (exactly why Archangel decided to just destroy it rather then use it). REDD spawns really close to where Hill 30 is. REDD has way to much cover when it comes to planting bomb, BLUE is in the wide open. BLUE base appears to be closer to the main building, while REDDs seems further. Theres alot of issues about balancing on every map, and some cant be fixed. They just need to really be thought about.

I really dont want to see much of anything changed. We have changed enough as is for right now. We are showing we ARE a community and not two different groups sharing a website. If anything, figure a way to increase website activity.

10. Out of the year iv been here, i have watched FC grow. Beta War was alot of fun, however had massive issues as the community. From there is whent up.

Yes. Actually every war is that way. Even more when new recruits join and its your job to make sure they have a blast while here. Because they are the future of FC. Without them, the vets will leave, and the remaining will either walk away as well or just not care.

Durring the fights themself, its been great. On the website? meh, it could be alot better. However, like i said, every war FC has changed for the positive.

This was a great War. My 2nd favorite by far. Only thing i was dissapointed was how REDD had to get help from the WC. But hey, we are a community, the battle nights are just a key part to what we do. Its also key part is Halo Fans having a place to have fun and meet new people. Without FC i wouldnt have meet, Carpe, UNLUCKY, Chill, Myth, RaZ, Juggs, Aftershock, Guzzie, etc. We can say "FC is a community, not a friends list". But thats not true. FC becomes our "Friends List".

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Meeting new people and making new friends.

The maps and they way they were played.

Same throughout.

New sets of maps and voting on which ones get put in and possibly more selection +more DLC maps.

Eh none.

Good.

Yes rofl

Oh yes, more than I had expected.

Yes it was enjoyable, nothing really disappointed me except that constant use of Ambush and no selection of 'fun' gametypes, it was always S.S.D.D.
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

8, the war was very close and it had it's moments, I kind of wish that we (the Resistance) didn't have to switch to balance out the armies.

Varied. Average of 8 per battle night.

Winning. The occupation game that we won today was exceptionally fun.

Having to switch between armies to keep things balanced.

REDD still has a slight advantage in my opinion, but nothing that could truly offset a war.

I'd like to see a Heavies gametype that could only be played on 8v8 maps.

Nothing really.

Awesome, everyone is usually friendly.

Well I've been here for a year now so I've made friends with . . . almost everyone haha.

Plenty.

This question is a bit repetitive, BUT yes I enjoyed the war, I was only disappointed with Operation Firestorm, but that died down.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

8. It was a very fun war once the armies where stable. However it is the rocky start that bothered me the most about this war

10. There where several battles that where some of the best battles I have had in my entire career here in FC. From tonight's Game 15 to past battles with Aeneas that where so neck to neck that 1 point won the game.

The battles and Resistance Company becoming such a tight knit unit.

Operation Firestorm. My opinion of Op Firestorm is very well known and I won't go into those.

For the most part they are balanced but it is very clear REDD does have the advantage in both numbers and skill. However a lot of that came down to who showed up, so it is a correctable issue that I am positive that it will be handled correctly.

The maps where balanced and the load outs are good. I love 8v8 battles but at times those really slowed down battle nights. Hopefully over peace time the armies will get bigger and that won't be an issue

I feel the community for the most part has healed from the fractured state it was left in after the aftermath of Op Firestorm. However I would like to see the two armies interact with one another a little bit more like they did pre Op Firestorm

8 Good but not perfect

Yes. While a lot of Resistance was the old Officer Core and my old Company back in BLUE we made new friends along the way and I got to meet the army of the Empire without trying to kill them.

Yes.

Yes I did enjoy this war. I was disappointed about the start of the war.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

8 at start, downgrade to 4 after REDD HC up and left causing stupid things.

2. I lost all meaning of fun to this. Every time I got on, It felt like a chore. Always fighting the same kind of people over and over.

N/A

The maps and gametype edits. I would rather play more vanilla then that we have. Start people off with ARs and Magnums and choice of AAs.

All I can say is, REDD FM wanted to win and always through a team that was either matching or above the skill level of the BLUE team. I don't mind playing those everyone once in a while, but every game?

More Vanilla. Keep some game types we have. Have a forge committee darn it. I don't like it that one guy puts forth all changes.

A WC that gives up after a change "for the better" is implemented is something I would like to see gone. I would rather ave a truly neutral WC than one that can force transfers.

I already know most of the people so, no.

Eh. N/A

No. Yes, the drama from the first REDD HC causing idiotic ideas.
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

Blog Posts

8- To me when I was in the matches I was in I had a good amount of wins and losses so at least to me it was fairly balanced and fun.

9 Overall very fun, there is occasional lag and the game where you get pounded on but overall fun.

REDD winning the last battle I played which won the war was so much fun it was fun, organized and most importantly it was close. By that I mean we won the match in the last 30 seconds.

The imbalance at the beggining due to Operation Firestorm and the disband of most of REDD HC afterwords.

REDD has a slight advantage but nothing that couldn't be fixed easily.

I would like to see more urban maps implemented in the wars.

Nothing

Out of ten, eight but that's only because of occasional hiccups which are usually resolved with in a week.

Yes I've probably played with all of REDDWATCH by now and half of them I didn't even know their gamertags.

Yes

Yes I enjoyed the war and nothing disappointed me.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Thanks for your input guys! Lets keep the feedback coming!

I created Hill 30

Seeing as I came in towards the end of the war, I'd give it a solid 7. I still don't have too good of an idea how things work, but it was a great experience and a breath of fresh air.

8. I had a blast acting as a mercenary for a good 4 weeks.

Favorite part of the war was getting to know an entirely new community, and makign some friends along the way.

Downtime between matches / inactivity of members between battle nights

This is hard to say. I've lost as many games as I've won, so I'd say its even based on that, but there are players who are significantly above the rest.

Oh man here it comes...
    Strictly looking at the balance side of things, evade needs to go. It essentially puts you into an unhittable ball moving in any direction you so choose, 2 attempts in a row. A sprint default with DMR / AR starts is ideal for large scale battles, as AR starts and pistols does not promote team work / team shooting at all. Evade should be used essentially as a power weapon, to be picked up on the map. Reduced bloom is fine. I prefer zero bloom, but for 8v8 it would discourage map movement which is understandable. Vehicles are fine the way they are. I saw no problems with weapons as well. Maps at times could get extremely frustrating with screen lag. I understand it is important to make a map look pretty, but in doing so the overally gameplay suffers. On tritan, using a scope on any wepon whilst looking towards the main building created a ton of screen lag and tear. Overall balancing of the maps is hard, but I felt that many maps suffered from imbalances.
    It is also important to note that some maps were definitely not suitable for gametypes that were played on those maps most maps should be gametype specific and although I realize it would conflict with the general workings of taking over a map, its not fun to stalemate a map over and over again. The 15 minute timer / no limit on caps and kills is fine.

Since I'm on the newer side, I'll refrain from commenting here.

Yes and yes.

No.

Yes, however I was dissapointed in the lack of members interacting with eachoter. The only person I play with on a regular basis is unlucky number, I hardly know anyone else, what I'm supposed to be doing, etc.

Thread Information