Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Posts

Re: FC Rev: 4 FeedBack "War Feeling"

Quote Originally Posted by Acid View Post
    Shutup Yehsus.

Loco's back!

I'm right back at it again...

Who knows what level of epic epicness this community can achieve if it were to experiment with uncommon map ideas and succeed in maintaining a fun, balanced game. I admit, i'm tired with the standard maps with your designated power weapons and this "Sports Arena" feel to it. I say FC could kick it up a notch if someone were to design a different kind of map. This is just an example but maybe have an open battlefield and two bases at each end. Power weapons are located in each of the bases and maybe put a Territory in the center of the battlefield. We can also bring Michael Bay into the picture and place a bunch of vehicles at each base. The beginning to every battle on this map would be Lord of the Rings battle epic as the two armies clash at the middle. Just an idea. The point is though that taking on new, innovative map ideas is worth a shot. I rather we try and fail than stay with the old because we are too scared to try anything new.
    <<:REDWATCH Fireteam NOVEMBER:>>
    R E M E M B E R R E A C H

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Raider614 View Post
    Who knows what level of epic epicness this community can achieve if it were to experiment with uncommon map ideas and succeed in maintaining a fun, balanced game. I admit, i'm tired with the standard maps with your designated power weapons and this "Sports Arena" feel to it. I say FC could kick it up a notch if someone were to design a different kind of map. This is just an example but maybe have an open battlefield and two bases at each end. Power weapons are located in each of the bases and maybe put a Territory in the center of the battlefield. We can also bring Michael Bay into the picture and place a bunch of vehicles at each base. The beginning to every battle on this map would be Lord of the Rings battle epic as the two armies clash at the middle. Just an idea. The point is though that taking on new, innovative map ideas is worth a shot. I rather we try and fail than stay with the old because we are too scared to try anything new.
    Sounds a lot like Hemorrhage with a territory in the middle haha.

Honestly, I feel that territories is the only real game type that feel's like war.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    Sounds a lot like Hemorrhage with a territory in the middle haha.

Honestly, I feel that territories is the only real game type that feel's like war.
    Territories definitely feels like a war. Slayer can too though. If played on a good map, Any gametype can though. I think there should be some experimentation with maps. I think we could, like raider said, really kick it up a notch if we get it to feel more like a real war.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

have maps that expand all the way across Forge World.... we have a big area and have yet to really do alot with it. Only small areas are used. Reall battle expand miles, yet we keep it to little patches

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    have maps that expand all the way across Forge World.... we have a big area and have yet to really do alot with it. Only small areas are used. Reall battle expand miles, yet we keep it to little patches
    Right but there isn't too much you can do about that either. If we expand a map too much to where it takes a while to even find someone on the enemy team than the map might get a little boring. Another problem with that is vehicles become necessary and some players don't like vehicles. Although, people are testing out maps soon for the next war, so if you want you should try creating a large battlefield to test.

Here are my suggestions:

- Build the map knowing how large it's going to be first (is it going to expand as far as it can, or is it going from the beach to the cave? etc).

- Decide what kind of vehicle warfare you want to include. Certain vehicles WRECK others, the most over powered being the Scorpion Tank and Gauss Warthog, if you include either of those be wary of flying vehicles, basically, they will be rendered useless. BUT if you only want to focus on vehicle warfare than it doesn't matter, maybe you only want tank battles dominating the grounds, just know what your making.

- Include area's of interest, like objectives, large hideouts/ buildings, advantage points, etc. These area's could give the players who don't like vehicle warfare and option to get on foot.

I'm not a forger myself but these are common rules. I'm sure you probably already know what your doing but I'm just making sure because I can't tell you how many maps I've seen that bend one of these rules, and the map ends up being crappy. I'm sure there are more but again, I'm not a forger, these are just the big three I can think of.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    I guess I will jump on the band-wagon and ask the community a feedback question as well. This one is fairly simple. I noticed some people were thinking we can improve this in the feedback poll Spartan posted.

What Can the Factions of FC do to make Forerunner Conflict feel more like a War-Like Battle On Sundays? What Can the War-Council Do?

We currently use a battle map, have Military Ranks, Squads or Units you play with, training, boot camps. Is there anything else that we can possibly do to make our community feel more milteristic on Sundays or any other way in the Army?

If you feel we are doing a good job already, do not even bother responding. But if you have any suggestions, please post them.
    I think bigger maps would help
    That just happened.

Quote Originally Posted by J05hu498 View Post
    I think bigger maps would help
    ^

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest."

Holy necro post.

Please note this thread was meant for feedback to improve the wars after the last Reach war. All feedback related to the wars now should be posted in the appropriate Battle Results thread, or creating a new topic here in the suggestion forum.

Due to the necro post, I will be closing this thread.

Good day.

Metkil5685
    Website Administrator
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Thread Information